Chapter One - First Day

Live and Let Live

The bell rang in the distance and the gates were beginning to close. It was then that a petite girl slipped through just before the gates locked themselves.

"I'm going to kill Jinsang..." She muttered as she ran up the steps. She walked fast paced down the hallway and paused in front of a closed classroom door.

"Okay Jin Ae, it's alright. Being late on the first day of senior year, it's no big deal." She mumbled to herself while running her hands through her long black hair. She took one last deep breath before slowly opening the door to her classroom.

"Ah, nice of you to finally join us Jin Ae-ssi." Jin Ae just smiled and bowed on a ninety-degree angle.

"Sorry Miss, I still have to re-adjust my body clock." As she pulled up from her bow, she looked up to the smiling face of her teacher who shook her head.

"I'll let it go for today, but I'm sorry to say that you'll have no more say in your seating arrangement." She indicated the seat at the very back of the class beside...

"O-Oh."

"Is something the matter Jin Ae?" She could feel the whole class' eyes on her and she flushed, but then quickly regained her composure.

"Nothing, Miss Kim." But she stayed rooted on the spot as everyone looked at her expectantly.

"Um Jin Ae-ssi, could you please take your seat? I'd very much like to get class started." Jin Ae nodded and then slowly weaved her way through the desks, smiling ocassionally as the other students acknowledged her. At last, she made it to the very back, and she set her bag down and sat down in the wooden chair. Her seatmate didn't look up but instead kept his eyes glued to his desk as he fiddled with a pencil. She couldn't help but to steal a few glances at him - it seems that he took advantage of the new "hair" rule in which students were now free to do what the wished with their hair. His was bleached a white blonde and he had side swept bangs. 

Miss Kim was still taking attendance and she had reached the "L" section and went on calling names.

"Lee Byunghun?" Jin Ae averted her gaze as her seatmate finally looked up.

"Here." She flinched a bit, surprised at his sudden voice change. That was probably the first time she heard him speak since the summer before freshman year, when his voice was still high and squeaky. She was slightly distracted but then snapped back to her senses when the teacher reached "P".

"Park Jin Ae?"

"Present!" She said brightly. This time, she felt a pair of eyes on the side of her head. Jin Ae wasn't sure why but she began to feel slightly irritated by this. She turned her head but saw that he had turned away, his attention back to his pencil. She sighed turned back towards the front.

Today was going to be a long day.


That's all I can write for now, I'll try update later on. In any case, you may not see a lot of these Author notes (: I hope you enjoyed, comments are love ♥