Chapter Four - Class Argument

Live and Let Live

"JiJi, wake up, you're going to be late again." Jinsang prodded the lump in bed and giggled softly seeing it squirm a bit.

"Five more minutes..." Jin Ae croaked, pulling the blankets closer around her. Jinsang sighed and yanked the blankets hard, making Jin Ae fall to the floor with a thud.

"Oops." Jinsang smirked down at his sister and threw the blankets back on her bed. Jin Ae slowly pushed herself up to a kneeling position on the floor and rubbed the back of her head while looking up at Jinsang.

"If I had the energy, you would be so dead right now." She muttered, her voice a whole pitch lower than normal. Jinsang just laughed and ruffled her hair before stepping out.

"It's already 7:12 Miss Sleeping Beauty! You better hurry up and get dressed if you still want breakfast." Jin Ae's eyes widened and she snapped her head to the side, coming face-to-face with her digital clock. Suddenly she felt wide awake and she scrambled to her feet and went to the bathroom down the hall. She quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth, grabbing a black hair tie from the cupboard and placing it on her wrist, she quickly went back into her room and changed into her uniform. She used the hair tie to put up her hair in a messy bun, loose strands of hair falling nicely by the sides of her face. She grabbed her bag and stuffed stray homework sheets and pens into it and ran down the stairs.

"Hm, not bad you've got ten minutes to spare. Hurry up and eat some toast, then you can go."

"Can't I just take it and leave?" She whined but he ignored her. Pouting slightly, she grudgingly took a seat at the kitchen table and took a slice of toast, devouring it quickly.

"Yah, you have to chew it too!" It was her turn to ignore him as she gobbled down her second piece of toast. She then got up and took a small bottle of banana milk from the fridge and stuffed a third piece of toast into .

"See you later!" She said, her voice slightly muffled by the toast. Before he could say anything, she had already dashed out of the house and walked her regular path towards the school.


Jin Ae walked into the classroom and was immediately blocked by Eun Hee.

"Why hello there Jinnie." She grinned and Jin Ae returned the greeting.

"What's up?"

"Eh, I heard the teach's got something up her sleeve today." Jin Ae cocked her head to the side as she and Eun Hee went to Eun Hee's desk.

"Really? Well, it can't be anything that bad, I mean, it IS only our second day back." Eun Hee could only shrug and the school bell rang throughout and as if on cue, Miss Kim walked in. Jin Ae hurriedly went to her seat, but Byunghun didn't look up. She decided to ignore him as well and focused on her teacher.

"Okay class, I know it's only the second day of school, so we'll be starting off with a simple activity. Something like a simple storytelling thing - you will need to partner up with your seatmate. I'm giving you until the end of the period so feel free to talk, but keep the volume at a decent level, okay? Go!" Jin Ae's heart sank. She caught Eun Hee's eyes and she mouthed a "Good luck" before turning to face her own partner. Jin Ae sighed and glanced at Byunghun who had kept his gaze downwards at his desk. She then looked around the whole room and noticed how it buzzed loudly with conversation. The teacher was at her desk sifting through a pile of papers and Jin Ae just slouched in her seat.

Why were they like this? Why was it they couldn't speak to each other, let alone look at each other? Jin Ae began to feel a little frustrated and tapped her fingers on her desk. The air between her and Byunghun was heavy, and both could feel the awkward tension that surrounded them. It seemed that they were both very clearly lost in their own thoughts as they didn't notice the teacher walk up behind the two of them, hands on her hips.

"And what stories do you two have to share?" Jin Ae jumped in her seat while Byunghun's head snapped up, his expression alert. They both looked up at Miss Kim who looked down at them with an eyebrow raised.

"O-Oh um - "

"We were just discussing things about our elementary days Miss." Byunghun had cut Jin Ae off and she couldn't help but to look at him with a shocked expression. He continued to look up at Miss Kim who gave them each a sceptical look before nodding slightly and walking back towards her desk. Jin Ae knew that Miss Kim was going to keep watching the two of them, so she sighed and grudgingly turned to face Byunghun.

"So..." She started. Byunghun's gaze shifted from her face to the floor again. Jin Ae was starting to feel rather testy.

"This isn't going to work if you can't even look at me." She snapped.

"Same could be said for you." He said coolly, his eyes still on the floor. Jin Ae's eyes narrowed.

"Well at least I'm trying." Byunghun scoffed and leaned back in his chair, his gaze never once leaving the floor.

"You call this trying?" Jin Ae looked at him incredulously and her hand curled into a fist. She wanted so much to shove her hand up his smart mouth and put him in his place, but before she could retort, the bell rang. Byunghun got up almost instantly, leaving a very surprised and pissed off Jin Ae.


Here's a bit of L.Joe/OC interaction lol. Forgive me if there are any typos and such - like I said, I type as the ideas come to me. It's my first time actually doing a fic like this so I hope you like it. I'm actually enjoying the writing process of it lol. Comments are love ♥