"The Two Loners"

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

 

† Phase V †

 

 

He was walking idly amongst the streets of dusts, ruins and rubbles... bearing a white wig that almost covers his face and exposes only his chin up to his mouth. He wore a sleeveless cloth and pants tucked in black boots, a leather belt that secures his clothes keeping it well intact despite being loose and a pair of gloves. Despite his suit, he doesn't seem to be bothered by the chill of the winds and the darkness of the gray sky. His right hand holds a scabbard, housing of what it seems like a mysterious sword artifact. Tattoos are seen in both his arms and some in his chest.

 

Accompanying him is a muscle toned man with platinum white hair that covers his left eye, wearing a fur made cloth that covers only his right upper limb and secured by leather belts and buckles. He walks in pure upright posture with his well toned chest facing out prominently of his body.

 

They were walking and killing demons for the past two weeks. Not that it bothers them but in actuality, the thought of the bounties that they use to acquire whenever they slay unwanted creatures, men or not, disappearing like bubbles to air was something that truthfully troubles their minds. They haven't acquired any employer that will give them money for their living.

 

The duo walked in comfortable silence with the thinner one leading the way. Though their location is unidentified and their destination unforeseen, they are sure about one thing... they are still within the vicinities of Seoul. The sun was almost nearing to set and they felt their stomachs grumbling and angry for being neglected for the past few hours. But they cannot find a place that houses good food or even anything edible and can be accepted well by their stomachs. And not in hell will they eat demon wastes or dead bodies; just the thought makes them puke in disgust.

 

Suddenly, a scent came its way upon the nose of the larger one initiating it to sniff like that of a tracking hound. Its smell, however, was one that seems not pleasant to his preference causing him to frown and groan. "You smelled something, lad?" The thinner one stopped his tracks turning towards his wary companion. "I smell something spoiled..." He stopped trying to decipher the exact owner of such a scent. "A human's scent... I can also smell demons not far from us." The buff guy explained.

 

The thinner guy looked around and saw smoke rising from behind an establishment's rubble. "Well, looks like some pests decided to make a bloody bonfire to dance on and cook steaks." He spitted his excess saliva to the ground and turned his head to his companion. "We might have to crash inside some private party after all, lad." He said with a mischievous grin.

 

† Ω †

 

 

"Ah... It's been long since my last awakening..." A cold whispery voice emerged from a metal coffin placed in the middle of a cathedral located inside an untouchable gigantic fortress in the cold desecrated lands of Transylvania.

 

The coffin's cover slid to the side exposing empty darkness as it seems. From it appeared two crimson balls and a glimmering grin.

 

A group of figures covered in brown cloths and hoods surrounded the coffin. "My lord... It has been centuries since your last awakening. The triumphant demons had already secured this world with the guidance of the almighty Belphegor." One said in a respectful yet fearing voice.

 

Black bats emerged from the coffin, all releasing screeching cries as from it ascended a man. A long, white haired, fair faced man wearing a set of extremely regal-styled clothing of red and white and black silk, with an extremely pale complexion that contrasts his overall beauty. His aura exhibits that of both fear and majesty contained in one.

 

The gray skies showcased the moon's light as it turned from its calm white light to angry red as bats from all the corners of the cathedral emerged and flew along the area as if singing a requiem for his return. "Our lord... The Great Count, Dracula. Your children have waited long for your glorious return." The followers chorused. "We have brought you a gift in honor of your arrival" Another said.

               

A large gargoyle creature emerged from the dark exit of the cathedral carrying a crying lady. A fine lady of pure black hair, fair complexion and wearing a sleeping dress was gently dropped in front of the figures. Then the gargoyle flew away again.

 

"A lady from the finest family in Transylvania, my lord." One of them, proudly, said. "Heh!!" Dracula scoffed as he slowly descended from atop his coffin to the cold floors stepping on the black bats that gathered and formed together into ladder steps of some sort. "Thank you for the inhospitable treat." His voice is booming and a tone of regal authority is clearly evident, causing utter silence to the whole cathedral.

 

Suddenly, he appeared behind one of the figures that spoke. "You seem to have lost your respect to your lord and father." He said walking idly around him before he suddenly grabbed the robed figure's neck causing it to cry a choking sound. "You need to be reminded of what you are in our society." The man, Dracula, said. Everyone else remained still and silent as in one quick swipe of his long and sharp nail, Dracula slit the figure's neck causing it to reduce immediately to burning ashes.

 

The lady was stunned by both fear and weakness; add in the hopelessness in her situation. Dracula eyed the girl amusingly and then approached the girl. "My... this beautiful lady is not to be just treated in an inhumane way." Dracula smiled as he assisted the girl in standing up by gesturing his finger to mentally lift the girl up in the air and have her stand up as he approaches her.

 

The girl as if suddenly implanted with invisible threads was lifted up in the air with her hands stretched at the side. Dracula, carefully, held her chin and a strange sensation automatically slithered around her body. It wasn't a bad sensation but it was a sinful sensation nonetheless. She felt her entire body longing for something; it was hoping to achieve a strange pleasurable goal.

 

"Hmm... Feeling hot in this cold weather, are we now?" Dracula remarked amused. "I cannot blame you... I behold the sin of lust and insanity." He closed his mouth towards the girl's left ear and with a smile, "I'll tell you a secret... My real name is As..." He whispered softly to the point where it's undecipherable, his lips lowered beneath her chin and closes in her bare white fair neck. A soft moan emerged from the girl who seemed to like the strange sensation although trying her best to fight it. He her neck causing a cry of bizarre pleasure and fear in one.

 

"She's loving it!! HAHAHAHA!!!" Dracula laughed amused at such an immediate reaction. He already had the girl under his spell. He turned to the girl and smiled exposing his bare fangs and after a few seconds, he began devouring all of what's inside her blood veins, as the black bats glorify the tune of his utter return.

 

† Ω †

 

As they approach the bonfire, they heard metals clashing and demonic cries and goat whines. They looked at each other. "Had someone beat us up on our target?" The older, thinner one asked. "I think so. Her scent is that of a human, hyung." The buff one responded. They waited for a few seconds then continued on exposing a girl cutting a Sei'rim into two horizontally with her massive sword before their eyes. The area was bathed with demon blood and Sei'rim bodies scattered all throughout.

 

She heaved her sigh and turned to some presences that arrived a few seconds after she disposed of her last enemy. She wiped her sweat and eyed them a glare. "Looks like we came late." The thinner guy remarked as he went to a boulder and leaned against it.

 

"And you might be?" The girl scowled wary of such unwanted visitors. "We're just some unimportant hungry people passing by and wanting some food. You got some?" He asked. It was he who usually does the talking while his company takes care of analyzing the situation. "I'm afraid I don't have some." The girl answered as she rested her sword against her shoulder. "Awww... too bad... It's cool. Anyway, we gonna go now." The guy feigned a disappointment. He turned to his companion and nodded as they head on not minding of the girl's eyes piercing towards them.

 

"You just gonna leave me behind and that girl? No pity over her?" The girl asked as she hopped towards the innocent, wasted chained girl among the rocks and freed her whilst giving the girl her robe to keep her warm. "You can't even pity on yourself with food, how can you help others?" The guy said stopping his tracks and turning his head to them. "Sorry... but in this world as it is, you, yourself is the only thing that you must prioritize if you want to survive. Pity will only cause you death." He continued with a neutral and unreadable expression.

 

She hopped back down carrying the girl she helped whilst plunging her sword to the ground. "This girl had been by at least six demons night and day. How can you say such a thing!?" She groaned. "Are you that greedy and selfish!?" She exclaimed.

 

The guy turned around to them, "Maybe I am. So what?" He said with his eyes bearing nothing sort of emotions or weakness. Not even pity. "You damn wrench!! How can you call yourself a human!?" She lost her patience grabbing her sword tightly and lifting it to point towards the thin guy. "Maybe I am not a human. Why? What do you want to do to me then?" He said without flinching over the girl's glare. His eyes contain a mocking stare and his face need not to show such to make her understand that he isn't interested in poor shows. He is into grandeur acts. He is a high class assassin not some low class desperate bandit.

 

The girl was silent and kept on looking at him with eyes of wonder as how a human such as him think of nothing but his desires. "You sure are greedy. What's your name?" She asked. "Well being the greedy person that I am, my name costs a lot. Can you pay for that?" As usual his tone is full of provocations.

 

Just then, a convoy appeared from behind the two guys, led by a girl in a motorcycle. The girl turned to the new comer and softened the moment she recognized who it was. She assisted the lady she saved earlier whilst letting her sword melt to light and slither towards her amulet and went towards her comrades walking past the two males. YoonA assisted the poor robed droopy girl and led her to the APC truck to be given rest. The short haired girl turned to the two as before she rode one of the jeeps. "I'll remember your faces and better remember mine as well. I hope we won't see each other again with you taking the inhuman side just because of your greediness." She said. "By the way, my name is Sooyoung. Unlike you, I am polite enough to give my name to unknown people I have conversed with or briefly get acquainted with." She said.

 

The guy with the wig smirked. "In that case better remember me by the name of G-Dragon. I am a mercenary so I don't see why I should turn down offers that will pay huge amounts." He said. "Better move your butts now. Kachow!!" He said feigning a gun with his fingers and pointed to the girl named Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung scoffed as they left the two alone in the scene. "You sure about it, hyung?" The other guy asked G-Dragon. He smirked. "Yeah I'm not really into dealing with those knights or anything related to the Church and to be honest, my partner here is getting hungry for demon souls." He turned behind them as a large group of savage Sei'rims and hellhounds appeared grouping on against them.

 

"You ready to play, Daesung?" He asked as he unsheathed his sword releasing a howling cry as he exposes its blade. Daesung nodded as his eyes glimmered in yellow flashes with wolf like appearance and tribal marks appear on his bare skin, "I'm raging to..." He answered.

"Then the game begins." G-Dragon smirked as they idly stood against the charging demons.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Tiffany, Yuri and Seohyun were sleeping soundly inside the APC truck. Taeyang, however, was contemplating by himself as he lets Seohyun, who was besides him, rests her head on his shoulder. Things had gone fast and next thing he knew, he had exposed his identity as the Solar King to the world. He was never the perfect guy to be holding such a title. He was just once an underground street fighting dog chained under the hands of the mafia lords. He was never the perfect one to possess such a gift. But it isn't about his history, his life or the cruelty he experienced that subjected to him being chosen as the King of Light, the embodiment of the Almighty one. He was chosen for his kindness and his faith. His purity that outshines even the richest person in the world.

 

As he keeps thinking of what has happened since he was bought by Seunghyun, his mentor, until the current days, he never fails to take a glance to a mysterious lad hooded and cloaked on the other side of the vehicle, sitting in all loneliness exuding a darkness that might hide an inner beauty. He himself is hooded and cloaked while his companions, the three young girls were warmed by their own robes. Somehow, curiosity seems to fill his mind upon seeing this lad. But now isn't the time for him to get to know the unknown person. He has more important things to settle and with Seunghyun waiting at the Myeongdong Cathedral, his schedules are tight.

 

"Are these all? Anything else your nose can smell?" G-Dragon asked as he pulls out his sword, Demon Breaker, out of a dead Sei'rim's body. Daesung stood up atop a large boulder. "None as of now. But I can smell food from somewhere within that building." He said eyeing the building in front of him which possesses a metal bridge. "That's good then, might as well fill our hungry sacs with food. Let's go." G-Dragon said as he picks up a rock and threw it behind him with power that causes a loud screech upon hitting something that hides beneath the shadows of the ruined building behind them. "We don't need spies following us every time, do we?" He grinned as they hopped towards the building and continued on.

 

† Ω †

 

"My Lord Belphegor, Prince Asmodeus had awakened. It won't be long for your other brothers to descend." A pale skinned man in butler outfit bowed in front of Belphegor who idly sits in a grandiose sofa playing with his glass of wine and surrounded by his harem, the succubi.

 

He was never the one to take the frontal attacks as like his older brothers. He had six older brothers, each with their own personality and preferences. They, as the seven princes of hell, possess the power of the seven sins and thus had acquired each personality from those most prominent in them. Belphegor's is, however, the sin of sloth which explains his laid-back personality. He finds it very troublesome to do things himself and being the most cunning and the smartest of the princes, he preferred the use of slaves and pawns to do his biddings as like playing chess.

 

"Will he visit me here in my abode?" Belphegor asked his tone nothing sort of cheery. "I'm afraid not as of now, Sire. He had just woken up from his Earthly body's grave in a land called Transylvania." The demon said with utmost respect. Belphegor scoffed and amusement came to follow. "I see... very well then... I hope my troublesome older brothers won't meddle with my plans. Especially Adrammelech, he is quite the most rebellious of us seven and one other." He lies down to his long chair and gestures one of his harems to feed him a grape from the golden bowl lying in the marble table framed elegantly with gold.

 

"I'll send a party to give him a greeting present, my lord, if it would please you." The demon bowed. "Do as you wish." Belphegor said waving his hand lazily. "Thank you, Sire and I bid my excuse." The demon butler then head out in a constricted manner as to show respect to his lord.

 

"Things might get interesting from now on. I might not get bored after all." Belphegor grinned. "Sire." A group of demon soldiers entered his room and approached him. "We had disturbances at the city of Seoul in the south western parts. The light's entity possesses such overwhelming divinity as how the prophecy in the black book was told." The soldiers' leader spoke. "I see... send a unit and search the area. Make sure that it is as the prophecy had told. If it is, I want the light's owner killed." Belphegor said without turning an eye towards the visitors. "As you wish, my lord." The leader spoke as they all saluted and left the room.

 

"So the great Sun King appears. This will be more interesting." He smirked as an inch of excitement started quivers in his body.

 

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]

 

A/N:

Since I am having a hard time with my other updates I'll have to compensate for this one... The fic updates are coming soon... Sorry for the delay. Expecting reactions to my stories just so that I can see if my writing is still well :) thank you and enjoy.