Despair at your doorstep

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

† Phase XVI †

 

All of the refugees had been coping well in their new place, under Seungri's protection. They all gathered and camped outside the warehouse as the soldiers from both Opus Dei and Korean Military fortified their defenses. The sky is still dark and the winds are chilly like before.

Seungri eyed the whole encampment from his elegant room, his posture covered in silence. He watched as the humans mingle with each other and notice how they have supported one another either emotionally or physically. He is amused by their behaviour. Three knocks called his senses back from his seemingly dreaming state. "Come in." He said and the door slowly opened.

"Seungri..." The familiar voice reached his ears causing him to turn around and greet his old friend with a smile. "Yuri-noona, do come in please and have a seat." He turned to the girl and gestured her to go seat on the sofa near his working desk. Yuri smiled and obliged. "Would you like some tea? Anything? I doubt you drink alcohol." Seungri said with a chuckle as he sits on a single chair across the sofa. Yuri giggled, Seungri is still the same. Young and witty.

"No, I just want to see you since I haven't talked with you ever since you visited Myeongdong Cathedral." Yuri answered. Seungri nodded. "It has been a busy time for me and everyone, noona." He said. "How are you? And why are you suddenly like this?" Yuri asked curious and worried for her friend. Seungri smiled noticing his friend's sincerity along her words. "I have to tell you something and I do hope that you will take this in a calm way." He said closing his eyes. Yuri nodded gulping down the forming lump in .

"I am not one of you, Yuri." He said opening his eyes and exposing its true color as his demon glyph appears in his face. Yuri gasped as she leans back in shock and fear. "What h-happened to you?" She asked stuttering in obvious surprise. Seungri smirked and sigh. "I am a demon, Yuri. And not just a demon, but a demon prince." He said. Yuri looked at him and that's when she remembered the dream about seven figures with different colored flames. She did remember about one of those figures having a set of gleaming purple eyes. "Are you like the one who attacked the Cathedral?" Yuri asked as she worriedly dreaded for the response.

Seungri nodded, eyes never leaving Yuri. "The monster who attacked the Cathedral is my brother, Asmodeus. His Earth name is Dracula." He said. Yuri felt her chest becoming heavy, somehow, she felt betrayed upon hearing it. She felt more pain than fear. "I hid this from you as it is my way to be able to watch you from behind. You possesses something very different in you, Yuri. Something not an ordinary human possess. And I know that you know that." Seungri said now with a different tone. Yuri was taken aback by Seungri's sudden change of attitude, the way he spoke signifies informality.

"You might be confused as to why I speak this way. Judging from your reaction, I can see that you are shocked that I am starting to talk to you impolitely." Seungri said leaning back relaxingly to his back rest. "To be quite frank, I am much older than you by let's say... more than a thousand years." He said as if trying to calculate the gap in their age difference.

Yuri eyed Seungri, physically, it seems like Seungri has been blabbering nonsense for the past five minutes, but deep down within, Yuri knows that whatever Seungri said is true and there aren't any hint of lies or deceit in his words. She still trusts Seungri as her close college friend. It didn't take long for Yuri to get along Seungri's true personality, despite his white lie about his true self. Seungri is still Seungri, that won't change. Yuri smiled and conversed with Seungri while slowly feeling calmed.

 

"Unnie, it's been two days and the others hadn't returned yet..." Seohyun said as she approaches YoonA who was sitting at the watch tower, while carrying a pack of bread to give to the older girl. YoonA nodded as she humbly receives Seohyun's offer. "Do you think something has happened to them? I'm worried for Taeyang-oppa and TOP-oppa." Seohyun said after a brief silence. "Don't worry, Seohyun, I have faith in them. They will come back... they might have something to do before coming here." YoonA assured the younger girl with a smile. Seohyun nodded and both she and YoonA looked at the sky as it deepens the darkness signaling the end of day and start of the night.

Squinting her eyes, Seohyun looked further to the left outside the barricaded walls and noticed a seige of fire from afar. "Unnie, what is that?" She asked pointing at the said direction. YoonA looked as well and saw the strange stream of fire. Somehow she felt something chilly and her heart started pounding heavily. "I don't feel right." She said.

"YoonA!!!" The girl and Seohyun looked down and saw Sooyoung and Tiffany running towards their direction, she noticed Sooyoung's amulet gleaming in red. That's when realization hits her. "Something is coming..." YoonA said as her expression turns grim.

Once Sooyoung and Tiffany had ascended the watch tower, YoonA immdiately showed them what she and Seohyun saw. "I can feel hostility from Eligor... he doesn't act like this unless something threatens him." Sooyoung said knowing well the nature of her evocated demon.

 

Seungri halted his story tell, and this confused Yuri. Standing up immediately, Seungri went to the window of his room and looked further ahead. His eyes narrowed down and his demonic aura began to pour. "We have an unwanted visitor." He said as then to Yuri's surprised, the door slammed open as a group of eccentric people wearing black suits entered as Seungri heads to them. "Fortify the defenses, ready the soldiers. We have a powerful demon lord coming. We need to be ready... bring my brief case... A demon lord needs a demon lord to fight it." Seungri said. The people left and Seungri immediately tended to Yuri. "You have to go back to the sanctuary now. I will strengthen the protective barrier and prepare for the coming of an enemy." Seungri said leading Yuri out of his room courtly. Yuri nodded and immediately despite the forming worry in her.

Seungri changed his clothes and immediately left as his demon guards and servants came to him carrying four large black suitcases.

"The mercenaries outside will slow down his actions and give us enough time to prepare. I know his aura... his is an overwhelming malevolence and despair... his sadism is almost on par with Adrammelech." Seungri uttered cursing under his breath.

They exited the warehouse grounds and were greeted by YoonA and Sooyoung, behind were the soldiers and defenders running to their stations. "What is this feeling? It gives me chill and fear." Sooyoung uttered as her amulet didn't weaken its light. Seungri nodded. "We are to face one of the powerful demon lords. He is the demon of despair and possesses an insatiable hunger for blood and to slay. His name is Beremuel, the Lord of Despair and one of Belphegor's trusted lords." He said. He noticed Sooyoung's amulet and looked at the Knight. "Your summoned demon is Eligor, correct?" He asked.

Sooyoung nodded causing Seungri to think silently and this made her worry. "Why, Seungri? What is happening?" She asked with YoonA carefully listening besides her. "Eligor and Beremuel had a very brutal past once. Both demons are once servants of higher lords and came into an argument that almost destroyed a city in hell." Seungri said. "Eligor has mad hatred for Beremuel and the same goes for the latter." He explianed. "You musn't use the demon yet. Try to calm it down before you let it go out or it will ran rampant and might endager everyone." He warned and left in hurry.

Sooyoung and YoonA looked at each other. "Seungri is right. You take charge of the Opus Dei and I will lead the Military soldier." YoonA said. Sighing, Sooyoung nodded and followed as they decided to split apart to their respective positions.

† Ω †

"Tell Lord Belphegor that I am now at the gates of those feeble creatures." His demonic voice loomed with pure sadism evident in his tone that shows his cravings for massacre. "Yes, Lord Beremuel." A small demon wasp answered to his ear as it flies swiftly to the sky. He stands proudly, surrounded by slain bodies and pooling blood, the stinking scent of blood further roused his lust to kill.

Groaning in a monstrous tone, he slowly moved towards the encampment, his gigantic sword arms swaying slowly  tainted with blood trailing along its blade. His looks resembles pure monstrousity, his head ensembles a shark's skull  with its spinal bone intact acting as a tail, his teeth are exposed in rows of long sharp points. His body is pure muscle covered only by his prominent ribs which somehow acts like his main armor. His arms are giant cleaving sword itself and just his looks alone show his nature.

Surrounding him are other people, mercenaries most likely, in their stunned and wary state as they back away for every step Beremuel takes. "W-We need to kill him!!! W-We are paid in doing so!!!" One yelled. "Then go kill him!! I won't waste my life just to be slain by that monster." Another yelled. "Let's just go altogether!!!" Another said.

Another groan emerged as Beremuel released a monstrous laugh. In a deep, monstrous voice he spoke, "You think yourself free from the chains of fate, Humans. But all will kneel before Prince Belphegor." with that he crouched and at an insane speed that conflicts his gigantic size, he claimed five lives with his giant blades. Alerted and in panic, some charged towards their doom as others run for their lives.

His blood curdling in excitement, Beremuel hacked, gnaw, break, crush and cut person per person, pleasured by seeing despair and fear. With a powerful downward shove, he sliced a mercenary into two vertically while his other blade arm split another person horizontally. Guns fired from everywhere only to be deflected by his broad bony back. One fired a RPG and a blast emerged. They all stopped to watch the result, only to see his silhouette upon the smoke causing them to fire guns at a madman's pace.

"Humans... despite this so called pride and courage you possess, you are all still miniscule rodents cowering in fear before my presence." Beremuel slashed his blade to the air and from there, five men where cut deep that their innards emerged in the open of their bodies.

The massacre came and go as he towers over the last person, firing his handgun desperately but rendering useless sparks against Beremuel's bone armor. Exhaling loudly and with a hoarse demonic voice, "Fear me, humans and feed me with your despair and I will give you death in return." He then with a quick lunge ate the man as blood spilt with every  chew he made.

† Ω †

Seungri looked in complete frustration as he view the massacre from outside his tenement. Fists shaking as golden flames burst with blinding concentration, He uttered a curse before turning around to his abode where an army of black Jackals, dog-headed creatures, clad in golden armor and armed with scythes shaped like a moon.

"Beremuel... This is a cunning move Belphegor, but know that I will not let you take everything for yourself." He said as golden fires emerged from his body, providing him a golden armor above his demon battle robe.

YoonA and Sooyoung who had garrisoned the refuge area watched as Seungri's army growled in fury. "This is gonna be one tough fight." Sooyoung said. "Let's hope well that everything will turn to our side... May the Lord be with us especially during these times." YoonA answered.

Seungri looked back to the outskirts where from atop of one of the deserted houses emerged Beremuel's huge figure. Spitting the body from his mouth, Beremuel crossed his swords and have it scratched against one another creating a screeching cry.

Seungri's expression darkens as his golden flames intensify. "You dare defy a demon prince. I will show you the misery of your action." He said.

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]

 

A/N

Another update :) hope you enjoy~