"The Forming Tension"

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

 † Phase XI †

 

 

"The sky is really dark." Seohyun commented as they humble themselves with the food provisions given to them by the church. They can see the thick darkening clouds in the sky lit only by slithering lightning bolts and sounded by strong growling thunders.

 

They were being assisted by one of the Korean monk volunteers inside the monastery. They haven't been onto the underground shelter yet as for there have been many refugees inside. Though the Cathedral has been damaged with small and quite large holes, it still stands strong and is well fortified and garrisoned by the guardsmen from Opus Dei.

 

"It has been really dark since the day of apocalypse, milady." The monk answered humbly as he provides them their food for the night and some warm refreshments. "The demons that descended had brought upon us darkness to trample everything that we hold dear." He explained. The falling ashes do seem to dampen each hope the remaining survivors possess. They knew that there are still many other survivors left outside. Those, who had the worse fate, fell into the pits of the Gray tower's chambers.

 

Yuri was grasping hold of her cloak for the chill seems to worsen every passing time. Tiffany also did the same and Seohyun as well. Thank goodness they were given warm drinks and are situated in front of a small bonfire accompanied by other men and women to counter the chilling night. Yuri scanned every human being around them and saw small glints of hope hidden underneath their chilling expression. They still have hope.

 

She also knew that there is a way to stop such demise. She had dreamed of it. His presence...

 

But would she really want to see his sacrifice?

 

"Yuri!!" She jolted up towards Tiffany who seems concerned of her. "Are you alright? You've been constantly spacing out lately." The kind brunette asked. Yuri smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine. Maybe tired." She answered.

 

"Then you better sleep well. At least we have lesser things to worry about co'z we're safe here." Tiffany assured smiling like a mother. Yuri nodded. "You're right."

 

"Here, unnie. Have some soup, it'll help you relax." Seohyun gave the girl a small bowl of warm soup which she gladly accepted and thanked. Taking careful sips, Yuri enjoyed its warm and delicious taste. Just then she saw his presence on the upper veranda. She looked up to him and saw that he is accompanied by the archbishop and Seunghyun-sshi whom he introduced earlier. She cannot help but feel sympathy from the lone tall guy besides Taeyang. He is quiet and always reserved but she knows that his character had been recognized in one of her dreams. The character of a solitary knight destined to meet fate in a tragic way.

 

Aside from that, she also feels a weird nostalgic feeling that is actually amiss. A certain person she remembered to be of her acquaintance but to comprehend she cannot. Knowing such vague things coming to her head, she frowned but then decided to let it be for now and enjoyed her soup.

 

"War is evident at the Vatican. The demons are hammering their way inside and the Gregorians are experiencing the side effects of the holy choir." Archbishop Arthur stated obviously worried.

 

"I don't think that the Gregorians are the only ones maintaining the barrier. If they are, then the burdens are much heavier and the side effects might kill them." Seunghyun stated. "Opus Dei is an unpredictable organization. I am sure they have something in works from behind." He followed.

 

The Archbishop turned to Seunghyun, the guy obviously knows many things. Hesitantly he agreed, "I might not be able object with that. I know less to none of what the Opus Dei actually does" He said. "Is there any way we can acquire a transport that can take us to Vatican to have a talk with the Cardinals and the Pope as well?" Taeyang asked.

 

"As of now... the only transport we can possess is located at the docks at Busan. It's quite far from where we are but it's the only place." The Archbishop replied. "So we'll have to take it by crossing the ocean then." Taeyang sighed.

 

"It'll be risky for we have Leviathan and his swarm of demonic sea creatures occupying the sea. Even the U.S. and the joint naval forces of the European army were nothing but trash to them." Seunghyun thought.

 

Just then...

 

A strange unnerving and ascending presence caught Seunghyun, Taeyang, YoonA, Sooyoung and Yuri's attention.

 

Seunghyun turned towards the entrance of the Cathedral; Taeyang maintained looking at the ground.

 

"Unnie?" Seohyun and Tiffany noticed Yuri becoming alert for some reason causing her to stand up. "Yuri? What is it?" Tiffany stood up as well gently holding Yuri's arms. It looks like Yuri is deeply preoccupied by something and it worried Tiffany.

 

YoonA and Sooyoung walked a bit more towards the entrance of the Cathedral as a modified hummer V approaches. Seunghyun's eyes narrowed as he eyes the incoming vehicle and the thickening presence.

 

Taeyang shook his head. "Looks like there is no need for me to go to their place." He said. Archbishop Arthur eyed him. "Let's go meet them." He said as they head on.

 

Yuri saw Taeyang and his company hastily moving towards the Cathedral's entrance gate. Curiosity filled her mind and before she can even comprehend what she did, her feet had already moved towards the same location. "Yuri!!!" Tiffany and Seohyun, surprised, followed them.

 

The Hummer V parked in front of YoonA and Sooyoung who wore unwelcoming gestures. Same as with the other guards whom had their weapons ready.

 

The driver's seat opened and from it came out a thin muscle-bounded man mostly familiar with Sooyoung while from the other door of the driver's seat came out the larger one. They stood in front of the passenger seat entrance as from it came out the man Taeyang and Seunghyun are most anxious to meet.

 

Sooyoung and YoonA's gaze tightened. "He is the source of such an overwhelming aura." YoonA commented. Sooyoung eyed the man with a white wig and the tall muscled man. "G-dragon... so we meet again." She greeted. G-dragon just smirked. "Good evening!! Hello Archbishop!!" Seungri smiled. The Archbishop stuttered for his visitor's presence is overwhelmingly... negative. "H-how can I help you, S-sir...?"

 

"Seungri. My name is Lee Seungri." Seungri smiled. "Sir Seungri..." Archbishop acknowledged. "I just want to have a visit. I heard that you have a special guest residing in this... abode." Seungri eyed the area, intently. "I want to meet him." He said.

 

"Nice to meet you then, Seungri-sshi." Taeyang answered from behind taking front with Seunghyun closely behind him. He was in a neutral yet prepared stance as he can feel hostility from the visitor's two bodyguards. "Ahhh Taeyang-hyung~!!! It's been a while!!!" Seungri greeted as they both shook hands comfortably. "How have you been?" Seungri asked.

 

"Quite difficult in the first days but I'm getting a hang of it. You?" Taeyang obliged with the conversation. "Well, ever since those blasted brothers of mine decided to splatter this world with their chaos cake; my business is getting scarce. Dealers are going and gone... Mostly eaten by those goat freaks to say the least." Seungri said shaking his head in disappointment. "I tell you... Belphegor maybe smart but he's still a ten year old kid with wild imaginations."

 

Taeyang chuckled. "That's too bad... actually I've been meaning to come and have a talk with you. Well it's just regarding Belphegor and the Graymatter." Seungri hushed Taeyang the moment he spoke of the Graymatter. "I know you are planning on destroying the stone. We cannot just bluntly say it anywhere." He said. "Belphegor got eyes everywhere. I can feel that it'll be in a few moments before he decides to go and check on some turbulence on this world that he now 'owns' himself." Seungri followed with an annoyed intonation.

 

"I know what you seek, and I also know that it is hard to achieve it." Seungri said. "We better talk somewhere private." He said. Taeyang and him looked at the Archbishop whom obliged. "Then we'll have to talk at the undergrounds haven there is a private room there." He offered.

 

"That'll be fair enough, my dear Archbishop. Thank you!! Please do lead the way." Seungri said. The Archbishop smiled and as he gestures them to follow they were stopped by a mere young woman's presence.

 

"SEUNGRI!?" The girl cried in surprise.

 

"A visitor has come to our ship your highness." A demon guard reported towards the still idle Belphegor who had already took his human form, a pale young boy with the fairest face and elegant ash-gray hair dressed royally. "Who?" The prince asked uninterested.

 

"Your older brother, sire. Lord Asmodius." The guard answered as he moves to the side and bowed letting a presence to enter. His white, free flowing hair, dances gracefully among the strong winds coming from the room's veranda. His blood red and white elegant suit glitters in majesty. His posture is graceful and his expression signifies splendor. His red gleaming eyes focused on the younger one's presence as a smirk forms from his bright red lips.

 

"So you have managed to descend as well brother." He commented towards his uncaring younger brother the moment he enters. Belphegor eyed him, a mischievous grin forming. "And you doubt of my capability, older brother? I am the smartest of us seven. I can find my way in here, one way or another." He answered intelligently as he gestures his visitor to take a seat. "Do you want some wine? Perhaps champagne? Or do you prefer hard liquors?" He invited.

 

"I'll be good with some of the finest wine you possess." Asmodius insisted. "Fine." With a clap, the demon slaves moved to the stock room and took out a bottle of some finest wine, the butler received the wine took out a small wine glass and poured a good amount before it handed the refreshment humbly to the visitor. Asmodius nodded as he receives the wine and elegantly took a sip.

 

"What news had you come to acquire the latest, Brother?" Asmodius asked as he comfortably rests to his chair, crossing his legs easily. "Apparently, the Sacrificial King, Sol, had been identified." Belphegor answered signaling his harem to leave him be for a while. "And we have currently known that he is taking refuge at some rat nest in Myeongdong." He continued.

 

"Ahh... knowing your territorial area in a small amount time. As expected brother. And what of the stone?" Asmodius asked. "The Gray Matter has been very civil and follows my orders well." Belphegor answered confidently.  "Quite entertaining for its moody nature.

 

"By the way... I felt Adrammelech's presence as well." The youngest asked in return. Asmodius nodded with a smile. "He's busy trampling every refuge area in Berlin. I have yet to have a meeting with him." The older one replied.

 

"And Leviathan?" Asmodius asked. "Still sulking under his ocean, brother. You know he. Such a cry baby over little matters." Belphegor followed finally standing up as he heads to the veranda to have a view of the world that he had created below.

 

"Should we give the Sun King a visit?" Belphegor asked. Asmodius smirked maliciously, as if wanting the idea proposed before him. "I don't think it will hurt to have an initial meeting with him though. I will go first... I want to see his capabilities." Asmodius offered.

 

"Do as you will, brother." Belphegor shrugged uncaringly as the Demon prince beside him grinned and dived onto the sky slowly turning into a humanoid demon bat soaring its way towards the intended location. Belphegor scoffed, "Showy as always. No wonder you and Mammon never get along quite well." He said as he gestures his hand commanding some flying demon soldiers to follow his brother.

 

"I can't believe I'll be seeing you here!!!" Yuri ran to Seungri and gave him a hug. Somehow, her innocent action caused a slight tension between Seungri's bodyguards and Taeyang and Seunghyun. G-Dragon tightened his grasp of his sword. Taeyang eyed him same as Seunghyun. Daesung's eyes blinked in yellow flash as Sooyoung and YoonA noticed slight hostility with the two visitors.

 

"I'm glad as well, noona!!! How are you!?" Seungri asked secretly gesturing G-dragon and Daesung to stop their hostile gestures. G-dragon smirked while eyeing Taeyang who glared at him as if analyzing every posture he possesses. "Anyway, I'll have to talk to you later, Noona... I just need to have a private conversation with the Archbishop." Seungri smiled breaking the hug softly.

 

Seungri turned to G-Dragon and Daesung. "Hyung-deul, be calm ok? I'll be back after a few minutes. Don’t worry. No one bears hostility against me here." Seungri eyed Taeyang, who smiled, Seunghyun, who was silent, and the two Goetian knights who bear persecuting eyes to them.

 

"Shall we?" Taeyang gestured Seungri to follow as the Archbishop leads them to the cathedral. Seungri turned to his bodyguards and to the Goetian knights who followed them.

 

"Ok...? What's happening?" Yuri asked as they follow behind watching the group walking in a somewhat hasty pace. All of a sudden Yuri winced for a quick jolt of piercing pain. Then a view emerged from her mind.

 

A view of the cathedral in the same angle as what she currently gazes at. But only different, it was burning in the midst of the night and from the top of the Cathedral's tower stood a monster possessing a vast set of wings, laughing at its work as it flew.

 

"Yuri!? Yuri!!!" Yuri jerked in surprise and looked at Tiffany who seemed worried. "Are you alright!?" She asked. Yuri was eyeing Tiffany then to Seohyun. They can see that something is wrong with her. Her expression shows that of a scared person knowing of something they do not.

 

Yuri can feel it...

 

She can feel the coming aura of chaos that will befall to the Sanctuary and leave it as how she had seen it a minute ago. It is nearing.

 

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]