When the Sun Rises

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

† Phase XIX †

Seungri and Tatarus stared deep at the true form of their opponent, Beremuel. His true body is smaller contrary to how they first saw him. He held two long daggers, curved like a crescent moon, gleaming in red bloody glow. "He finally showed himself." Seungri said as his skin slightly changes to golden brown and his eyes turned amber. "I need to re-gather about fifteen percent of what I used." He thought. Tartarus, being his loyal agent knew of this, urging the demon to move even without Seungri's order. Taking out four golden arrows from its quilt, Tartarus fired one after the other in an attempt to get Beremuel's attention.

Good effort... but no reward.

Beremuel turned to ghastly shadows, his long bony spiked tail waggling in strong motions. The shadows turned firey as it swiftly hovers towards the area nearest to the Demon Prince. Seungri didn't move as Beremuel fires a strike. Not a good hit, as the golden flames appeared and misdirected the attack  with a shove. Seungri turned around and fired a horizontal kick but Beremuel came to shadows again and shifted to another direction.

"Holy Father almighty... who is this demon!?" Sooyoung blurted. "I can't follow his pace!!! He teleports from one side to another!!" YoonA commented. "What's happening!? Is everything alright?" Jessic came to them and looked towards the battle torn field just at the opposite side of the inner gates where they and the surviving humans are. "This is not good." YoonA said.

The shifting came soon and often, an attempt to distract and create an opening to its opponent.  "Beremuel may look like a large slow brute at first due to his outser shell... but his inner and true self is more demonic, fast and insanely psychotic." Belphegor grinned. He is enjoying the show from his abode. Dracula was watching as well grinning in amusement as he watches their brother fight Belphegor's strongest Demon Lord.

Seungri dashed to the side his golden flames swiftly following his every move encircling him like a snake and protecting him like a shell. He lifteds his right arm to the side and hurled forth his extending flame like an arm as it turns into clawed hands. Beremuel evaded effortlessly but Seungri isn't finished. Another flame sprouted from the previous one turning into a spear trying to pierce its target. Again to no avail.

Tartarus dashed further and took out another set of volley, firing it in large amounts but hitting nothing but ground. Beremuel is swift, experienced and hungry. He appeared behind Tartarus as the latter immediately dashed away turning around and firing another shot only to pass through as Beremuel turned to shadows. Hysterical laughters roamed the silent open field.

"Tsk.!" Seungri cursed as he hurled a large flame spiraling aroung him and sending out large number of branches, each hunting and attempting to hit their target. The Demon lord is faster. It evades and turns to shadows then back. Suddenly, it stopped midway and redirected itself towards Seungri. Smirking, Seungri, called forth his golden flames and fired an onward stream. Beremuel turned to shadows and curved up at the right time to evade the stream. Seungri, raised his hand and another set of flames came from the stream of fire as the larger one curved and followed Beremuel.

Now Beremuel is trapped in mid-air as Seungri's flames dispersed to thinner, more concentrated and plenty flames. Tartarus fired its remaining arrows as everything meets up towards Beremuel who halted mid-air and started turning to shadows again. A deafening and earth-shaking explosion occured followed by a powerful cluster of shockwaves that sent YoonA, Sooyoung and Jessica almost stumbling to the floor. Most of the soldiers of Opus Dei felt the same.

Taeyeon who was in luck was instead intructed by Seungri to continue the searches of the old writings on the refuge bunker inside her own room. The shack caused her room to slightly tremble causing crumbles of dust to fall from the earthly ceiling. She looked up. "Everything is getting really rowdy." She said before turning back to her work. She cannot falter, especially when she knows that what she is doing can be of great help to save humanities freedom from the clutches of the demons.

"Such power...!!" Sooyoung held tight on the side railings of the watch tower while holding Jessica to prevent her from being thrown away. YoonA was holding tightly to Forneus. "Did he get him?" YoonA asked after the powerful shockwave diminished. The hurling dusts disappeared and exposed Seungri looking at the site where he should have destroyed Beremuel. No one should be able to escape that. Falling from the source of the explosion is a familiar figure. Seungri's eyes narrowed and his aura deepens darker. It was his agent, Tartarus that was destroyed instead of his enemy. His hand turned to shaking fist as he watches Beremuel's appearance slowly appearing before him. standing on all fours, Beremuel, was grinning and drooling excessively, looking eye-to-eye with Seungri. "I cannot destroy this demon lord with me being restricted." Seungri said gathering up another set of golden flames.

It almost came to its concentration and glowed when...

"Seungri!!!" Yuri cried out of the blue and it startled both Tiffany and Seohyun. "Unnie!? What's the matter?" Seohyun said noticing the other survivors turning to them. Yuri eyed Seohyun and Tiffany. "I-I am seeing some things!! Seungri!!! They're going to kill Seungri!!!" Yuri said as she stands up and runs away towards the exit. "Omo!!! Yuri-ah!!!" Tiffany called to follow. "Unnie!!!!" Seohyun followed as well.

Seungri, kneeled as he felt earthly pain from his back. YoonA, Sooyoung and Jessica gasped.

† Ω †

"Your presence... it reminds me of the holy presence of those that came to save this world from demise." A voice low, deep and echoing, rang inside Taeyang's ears. This voice caused his attention to focus more. He closed his eyes and attempted to answer. "My name is Dong Young Bae. Taeyang is what they all call me." He answered.

"Yes... yes... the Sun King that shines bright even against the darkness of the unforgiving world. The embodiment that signifies  redemption. I know of your stories... different stories." The voice answered. "Are you the one they call 'The Fallen'?" He asked straightforwardly. "Yes, I am... Hadriel is my name a once proud Arch Angel of the Crusade of Just." The voice answered again. "I need your help." He said. "I know... I can feel your intent. Concentrated on the light... feel the importance of justice. You will extend your power." Taeyang relaxed. Despite the cries of pain from his comrades, he ignored and focused in order to help them. The Stone table lit up completely in expense to his power, but a newer power emerged from his heart. His closed eyes starts to gleam, brighter and brighter.

Signs began to appear along his arms, chest and back. His hair started growing and turning to pure white.  The stone tablet began to glow more and more as if threatening to explode. "Yes... that's right... that power. Your true power." The voice said.

The black smoke hovers around as it controls the emotion of the three creature by making them fight. Slashing each other blindly and almost to the point of killing each other, Belial "Demon Lord of Lies" have them under his palms. "You are only pawns that provide uselessness to this world. Despicable creatures created from the sins of sins. You will all die without knowing the truth." He said in distorted death-like voice. Seunghyun, G-Dragon and Daesung are kneeling facing against one another. All sweating and bleeding with plenty of wounds covering their  bodies. "You will all suffer death under the illusion of lies." With that said, the three dashed towards each other before a powerful explosion of dusts and rock flew and disrupted everything. "What!?" Belial was stripped of his smoke cloak revealing his true demonic form. Seunghyun, G-Dragon and Daesung stop midway and were thrown away by the force.

"This feeling... SUN KING!!!!" Belial called hurling forth a smoke globe. Molding it to a larger globe, Belial fired. No avail.

The globe dissipated along the light that started to flood the whole area from the smokey part from whence the explosion came. The three came to their senses and looked at each other finally feeling the pain of their wounds. "What happened." G-Dragon asked wincing and grabbing his impaled arm. Seunghyun remained silent looking towards the smoke where a silhouette of a man stands, trying to withstand the pain cuased by the spell. "The Sun King arises." Daesung said causing G-Dragon to look as well.

Belial was hovering in anger looking at the silhouette. "You dare defy my sanctuary. I will destroy you!!! Redeemer!!!" He cried. The smoke dissipated exposing the light surrounded body of the one and only king.

Taeyang "The Sun King".

 

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]