Darkness Overwhelms

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

† Phase XVIII †

 

Seungri stood facing Beremuel as the latter towers over him. Slowly, Beremuel began sharpening his sword arms by having it shaved against each other. Seungri's face darkened as his only demon agent, Tartarus, goes to the side, taking out a volley of arrows and readying for the assault. Glimmering, angry, golden flames in a form of a snake-wolf emerged from Seungri's arms joing together to form a larger one as it surrounds Seungri as if guard dogs protective of its master.

Swinging both his arms to the ground, Beremuel unleashed a surging shockwave and almost unbalances Tartarus and reached Sooyoung and YoonA's whereabouts. Sooyoung and YoonA fazed and eyed the area where the two stands. "Should we help him?" Sooyoung asked. YoonA turned to Sooyoung, wide-eyed. "I don't think there is anything we can do... see the power coming from that demon? It's too overpowering." She said. "Well at least we need to assist him indirectly or from a distance." Sooyoung said referring to YoonA's demon weapon.

YoonA contemplated for a bit. Sooyoung does have a point but should such actions be considered without thinking about the safety of everyone behind them? Eventually, chivalry loomed over and Goetian pride took top over YoonA's hesitations. Turning to Sooyoung with a determined expression, YoonA nodded. "At least we can minimize some worse possibilities." She said and readied Forneus, aiming at the demon lord.

Rattling flames turned to wolf-like growls as the flames took its attention towards Beremuel. Belphegor viewing from afar smirked. "It is said that Mammon's flames are the smartest among us seven. I wanted to test if it is." He said.

Just then Beremuel lunged towards his target, every powerful step shaking the ground and leaving dent marks behind. Seungri's eyebrow twitched and the flames charged towards the demon. Slicing the open air, Beremuel fired arcs of forces in an attempt to dissipate the scorching flames. But the arcs hit none as the flaming wolf-snake made a quick turn focusing its eye towards the charging demon lord like a snake ready to pounce on its prey. Like a crashing tidal wave towards the shore, the golden flames lunged towards Beremuel as then demon swung its swords sideway in an attempt to wear it off.

Slowly, the flames began melting Beremuel's armor and a part of his sword and arms. Seungri, or in this case Mammon, possesses the Melting Gold flames that can melt anything metal or not without even touching it. "Woah.... even though he is restricted by the contract of neutrality, he is indeed strong." Sooyoung commented seeing the glimmering flames surrounding the demon lord. Then a powerful growl disturbed the quietness of the open chaos, as Beremuel used all of his force to swing both his swords and it somehow weakened the flames' concentration.

Seungri made a stance and with a nod, Tartarus fired continues volleys of golden arrows piercing towards Beremuel's flesh like knife through butter. Beremuel kneeled as pain began to seep in making him roar in pure fury and rage. "The arrows are made of gold imbued with my dark blessing. It will melt to your flesh only upon my flames and once it solidifies in your body, I will have full control of you." Seungri said.

Belphegor smirked. "As expected of my brother. He knew how to deal with such events in a very quick amount of time. Something that even I have difficulty in doing." He acknowledged.

Mammon, the demon prince of Greed, the third of the seven monarch princes. Gifted with the power of mindly temptation, extreme greed, and the glimmering flames of gold (symbol of riches). He is the most cunning of the seven monarch princes and his cleverness is almost on par, or even higher, than the smartest of the seven princes, Belphegor. Mammon is a wolf demon that desires everything materialistic. Even with, Lust, Asmodeus admired his ability to even replicate his capability of inducing ual arousal to es, both male and female.

Beremuel fell under the golden flames of Greed Hell, Mammon's Kingdom, and remained statued in his position. Seungri composed himself as Tartarus move to his side. "We won?" Sooyoung asked as she takes a look at the place. YoonA nodded, looking through the scope of her demon weapon. "No... this is still the beginning." Seungri uttered intensifying his flames and readying himself, Tartarus readying himself for another bout. Slowly, a figure emerged from the immobile body of Beremuel, as if it was just a shell... a cocoon enclosing a more dangerous being.

"Now the real fight starts." Seungri's expression darkens again, both to concentrate and in worry.

† Ω †

Shadows began to creep as Seunghyun, G-dragon and Daesung focuses their awareness towards the demonic presence that has enclosed them in the darkness. Seunghyun looked around and saw no one by his side. Not even a presence. His focus intensified as then a sound of incoming footseps reached his ears. His eyes narrowed as a figure emerges from th light. "Why did you left us? Why did you kill my mom and my dad?" The voice is overwhelmingly familiar that it hits Seunghyun's head with nostalgia and pain. Gavity seems to give effect to his heart as he felt heaviness within. "So-Sooyoung? Is that you?" He called as he tries to blindingly reach the darkness. "You promised that you will protect us... you will be the our knight. You lied, oppa." The voice is indeed Sooyoung but the presence is unrecognizable.

Seunghyun tried to reach the voice but he seems so far away. "Sooyoung, I didn't mean to. I am always here to protect the family." Seunghyun desperately called. Just then light seemed to emerge as the figure was exposed.

Much to Seunghyun's terror...

"You killed us. You killed me." A disfigured Sooyoung emerged, her eyes bulging almost out of its sockets, cheeks decaying, and jaw dislocated and disfigured. Her shoulders dislocated and flesh are exposed from her decaying body. "Sooyoung..." Seunghyun is almost speechless and wants to come near when a hack reach his back. "Argh!!" He cried as fresh wounds emerged. He almost kneeled and fell but still regained his balance. He looked up, not minding the pain from his back. There was no Sooyoung. He stood up still suppressing the stinging pain from his back.

"You are a coward, Choi Seunghyun. The shame of the Choi's that are once known in the history as the noblest of all knights." A hollow voice reached his ears and he looked around in extreme wary. "You left your kin in shame as you discover yourself being a child of a demon and an angel, only to be carried by a mere human being. Suffering in their stead." Seunghyun's face was darkened with worry. "Show yourself demon. Where are you!!" patience came thin as the mockery reaches Seunghyun's fragile heart.

"You are a strong warrior. But not in all aspects... you are pure shame." The voice continued as a demonic figure appeared. Seunhyun hissed and fired his blade sword and a cry emerged as the figure vanished. He stiffened again looking all around warily.

 

G-Dragon had his sword ready as figures appear continuously in different areas. "You strive to prove yourself worthy for an angel's recognition. You failed so hard to do so and decided to become a mercenary that kills creatures heavenly, hellish or even earthly. Have you given up your dream? You are such a coward young nephilim." The voice continued to mock him. "Shut up!! Fight me head on!!" He cried as then he fired a stab towards the first figure to emerge from the shadows causing a loud cry to appear before it dissipates again to nothingness. "Being in line with the family of Arc Angel Michael... your nobility is nothing worth of praises. You are nothing but a shadow of what you are supposed to be. You are trash and are deemed as a defective creature that is not worthy of holiness and redemption." G-Dragon hissed and knew that he is being mocked but despite him knowing the intention, he is surprised that he is falling hard to it. Until a stab hits his lower torso and caused him to yell in pain. "Stupid freaking coward demon!!" He called.

Daesung suffered from the painful strikes to his body. A stab on the back, a deep hack to his shoulder and a slash to his arm. Panting in calm demeanor, he tried to focus his mind. "An experiment that came to failure. A supposedly high breed of the homonculus, but turned defective and inhuman. You are neither a human, angel nor demon. You are a product... a product of failed science. You don't even know where you came from. You are a stray animal not worth of recognition." The voice rung through his ears as he tried to suppress the building anger inside of him. "He knows my weakpoints and even my history." He thought. "But I mustn't let this go through my head... I need to stay calm." He continued. "Aren't you curious about you story? Don't you want to find out where you were made?" The voice continued. Daesung closed his eyes and as he tries to concentrate, another stab hit his thigh. He groaned but suppressed the pain. "I need to find a way to destroy this illusion." He said.

"Hang on guys... I am near to finishing this." Taeyang said as the lights slowly fills the stone door in concentration. He can hear their cries and witness them attacking each other as if they never knew one another. He closed his eyes to concentrate, though the door seeps his powers, he cannot give up... "Have faith guys... I'm coming in a few more while." Taeyang said.

† Ω †

Seungri and Tartarus watched as a figure emerged form the immobile body of the once gigantic Beremuel. A demon that seems like a normal human in size and holds two broad swords and spikes emerging from its back. Its face is pure flesh and bones and jaws are exposed with its set of full pointed teeth. It's posture is similar to that of a hunchback. Seungri's face darkened. "Now we fight the real Beremuel." He said as a demonic and psychotic snicker emerged from the demon before them.

Sooyoung looked at Yoona in worry. "Eligor's pendant is fuming in extreme hatred. What are we to do now..." She said. YoonA looked back and Sooyoung noticed that the girl is as troubled as she is. "Let's have faith." YoonA answered.

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]

 

A/N

update~ sorry for delays having some writer's block... please bear with me for a while~ need inspirations