"The First Encounter"

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

 

† Phase XII †

 

Asmodius soars the sky in a fast pace whilst occasionally flapping his gigantic wing-arms, rapidly gaining speed momentum as he lets the Earth's gravity pull him to the lower ground. Appearing besides him is a group of flying Se'irims, the Wingdams, armed with blood coated scythes and spears and crossbows. "Hmm... Lending help even though I didn't ask for it eh? Fair enough..." He scoffed as he turns to the side rapidly gliding and passing through the thick collection of gray clouds exposing the site of two leaning buildings and the Cathedral separated by a small bridge.

 

They fell successively to the ground causing some small trembling in the ground and waves of dusts to form. The dust dissipated showing Asmodius, back to his human-self. "We'll have to knock on their door first. That is the first rule of rightful manners." He grinned as they walk idly towards the buildings.

 

Taeyang, Seunghyun, Seungri, G-Dragon, Daesung, Sooyoung, YoonA and the Archbishop had gathered together in a small room of the underground sanctuary. Only a set of furniture are seen on the room, a large round wooden table and chairs tucked underneath it. They started discussing some matters that require extreme attention.

 

"So... What business are we to talk about, Sir Seungri?" The Archbishop asked. "First of all... I am here to warn you and Opus Dei regarding my brothers who have arrived." He started. "I can sense two malicious auras joining together earlier. I guess some of my brothers had met already." He continued. "I am also here to offer you my assistance regarding the fight against these putrid creatures."

 

Taeyang leaned his head upwards and his chin with his index finger and thumb, thinking. "Very well then, we are very glad to accept your help." The Archbishop said.

 

"If you do not know... I should as well spill it then." Seungri smirked, somehow, causing discomfort from the others. "I helped provide the device that gave the Vatican and Opus Dei the ability to create a barrier that can forcefully rule out demons."

 

Somehow it didn't surprise Taeyang and Seunghyun unlike the Catholics. "H-How!? I-I mean Opus Dei had a deal with the demon!?" Sooyoung blurted in a somewhat offending way in which she didn't mean to.

 

G-Dragon tensed a bit but Seungri gestured him to relax. It wasn't really that shocking if compared to what he has to convey more. "Unfortunately, most of the founders of Opus Dei hid it. Same as with the fact that I formed Opus Dei." Seungri said. The Archibishop, YoonA and Sooyoung wore shocked expressions and questions began appearing in full inside their minds the moment Seungri spilt his revelation.

 

"Apparently, Seungri had been living in this realm for a time much longer than us." Taeyang said eyeing Seungri who smiled at him. "He had lived even before the founding of the Church." He continued.

 

"I witnessed many things that happened. I saw how this world's cruelty grows so much from then until now." Seungri said. "I organized and formed Opus Dei as compensation for me to be able to live in this world and indulge myself in its artistic cruelty." He grinned.

 

Sooyoung glared at him. "How dare you, demon!?" She asked pointing a finger. "I won't do that if I were you." G-Dragon said as he points his sheathed sword towards the girl. "What!? You're gonna protect him!? A demon!? I guess I thought wrongly of you!!" Sooyoung yelled. YoonA held Sooyoung's arm. "Unnie, please calm down." She tried to get in between them.

 

"We all know of Seungri's nature being a Demon prince of pure Greed." Seunghyun butted in silencing them. "He made a pact and gave a sacrifice to be able to live in this world. It's a give and take." Seunghyun continued.

 

Taeyang stood up lifting his hands and motioning them to calm down. "We have to focus on the present problems as of now rather than to dwell in the past." Taeyang said. G-Dragon turned to him. "Oh? And who are you to speak that way. You think you're some kind of a leader huh!?" He growled. Taeyang eyed him. "I am not being a leader here. I am merely trying to control the situation." He was calm and assertive.

 

"Well you don't have the right to control the situation, chinky eyes." G-Dragon said. "Shut your trap, mercenary. You have no idea who you're talking to." Seunghyun went up front, glaring at the guy with the white wig. G-Dragon smirked, "Oh... your bodyguard seems to want to fight. Let's settle this then?" He said.

 

"Everyone!! Please calm down!!!" YoonA and the Archbishop tried to stop them. "I don't think this is the right time to be prideful, Hyung." Daesung whispered as he went in front of G-Dragon. "I don't care, Dae. These midgets are asking for it!!" He said obviously provoked. Seungri was quite amused by such different reactions and arguments forming. They are indeed humans after all.

 

"Don’t be so cheeky, Angel-born." Seunghyun said. YoonA and Sooyoung gasped hearing Seunghyun's retort. They have never heard of an Angel-born Nephilim before. They always thought that there are only demon-borns like Seunghyun. "Oh? Perhaps you're jealous? Co'z I'm an Angel-born and you're a Demon-born?" G-Dragon answered back.

 

"Stop this, Seunghyun... please calm down." Taeyang asked going in front of Seunghyun and calming him down. "You're an Angel-born but your personality signifies a true Devil. You're not worth to bear such title!!" Sooyoung said. "Let's settle this then? You two and me outside." G-Dragon dared.

 

"Please... Let's stop this." Taeyang was stopping the three of them but looks like stubbornness is manifesting inside the room. "Heh...? Are you that damn scared? Are you gay?" G-Dragon scoffed. "Your presence irritates me!!!" He dashed towards Taeyang pulling out his sword and aiming it to Taeyang's broad back.

 

His attempts were fast but futile as a thin yet strong chain blocked and redirected it away from Taeyang's back. Taeyang didn't bulge as Seunghyun had switched his position behind him. "This guy won't listen. Not until you knock some sense into his cocky head." Seunghyun said eyeing G-Dragon.

 

"If you are going to settle this nonsense then you must settle this outside." Seungri said coldly an overwhelmingly frightening aura emergin. "You are both ruining the purpose of this meeting." He said nonchalantly. Sooyoung eyed him but since the demon has a point she remained silent.

 

"Seunghyun-hyung." Taeyang called his older ally. "I'll be back." Seunghyun replied. "No. I will do it instead. He is irritated by me so I must reason it out with him." Taeyang's voice is now demanding and it stopped Seunghyun. "I understand." Seunghyun sighed and went behind Taeyang.

 

"Are you sure?" YoonA asked. "I know that it's really such nonse-"

 

"Don't worry cutie pie... I'll handle him quickly then I'll ask you for some dinner." G-Dragon said rather rudely. YoonA glared at G-Dragon. Sooyoung scoffed. "Show him who's the boss, Taeyang." She said.

 

"Let's go." Taeyang led G-Dragon away from the room. G-Dragon spitted arrogantly. "Tsk. Such an ." He growled as he followed. Everyone followed the two as well. "We'll have to stay here, Archbishop and talk about the plans in fortifying the defenses." Seungri said. "Seunghyun-hyung, since Taeyang-hyung will be out, you have to represent him. We are indeed three separate parties." Seungri called Seunghyun while the latter is about to head out as well. "I understand." Seunghyun looked at him and followed.

 

"Hey what is that!?" A watchman saw a strange view of grouping figures a few miles from them. "What?" Another approached him and looked at the same location. He narrowed his eyes until finally, he asked for a binocular. His eyes widened the moment he took his peak to the scopes. "We have demons approaching!!!" He yelled. "Everyone at arms!!!" As then panic had ensued, all the guards armed themselves for the coming mayhem... without everybody else's notice.

 

"Don’t you think it's unwise for us to be doing this? We should be helping each other rather than killing each other for petty fights." Taeyang said. G-Dragon scoffed. "You just don't want to admit that you're afraid."

 

By now they were watched by men and women who're outside the cathedral. Yuri, Tiffany and Seohyun as well. Sooyoung and YoonA were behind Taeyang while Daesung is behind G-Dragon. G-Dragon smirked pulling out his sword from its scabbard and stood idly with his sword facing backwards. Then in one quick kick, G-Dragon dashed towards his target with his sword in impaling motion.

 

"Omo!! Oppa!!!" Tiffany cried. Seohyun held her Fany-unnie's arm whilst Yuri was silent in worry. Taeyang maintained his position seeing the attack coming in slow motion. Just as then he rotated clockwise to the left evading the pointy tip and sharp edges of the sword, and fired a hook punch to G-Dragon's side. The guy is good as well as he evaded the punch and continued on with a slicing motion to Taeyang's neck. Taeyang leaned away from the incoming slash and made a mid-air somersault readying is fist again and firing a straight to G-Dragon's face.

 

Smirking G-dragon pulled his sword up slapping the punch away but little did he know Taeyang had already figured his next move. Letting him slap his fist up, Taeyang hopped and rotated releasing a kick and hitting G-Dragon in the chest. Taeyang stopped, however, the moment his feet made contact to the ground turning to an overwhelmingly malicious aura coming from the far entrance of the cathedral.

 

Daesung flinched and scrunched the moment his ever so sensitive ears heard faint gun blasts coming from the same location. Yuri felt powerful, cold and vicious winds as same with the two Goetian knights. YoonA and Sooyoung looked to the same direction and came in front of the three innocent girls. "What's this overwhelming aura?" Sooyoung said grasping hold of her amulet. YoonA remained silent as concern began to spread along her face.

 

G-Dragon also felt the sensation but being a proud fighter that he is, he ignored it, spitted to the ground and dashed to Taeyang only to be stopped by Daesung who appeared in front of him. "Daesung. What are you doing!?" He yelled. "We must continue this duel later. An incoming danger is imminent." He said. "I don't care!!" G-Dragon, obviously, offended yelled. Daesung only remained silent.

 

"They're here. I didn't expect them to pay a visit sooner." Seungri cursed as he slammed his hands t the table and stood up. Seunghyun knew it too. "Archbishop, please ready the transport trucks and evacuate as many people as you can. My brother is coming and he is one of the most powerful in all of us." Seungri said.

 

"I-I understand." Archbishop Arthurius said as they hurriedly exited the room.

 

YoonA's walkie-talkie buzzed startling the girl. Sooyoung looked at her as she immediately picked it up. "YoonA here." She said. "Master YoonA!!! We are being attacked by a large number of flying demons!!! We already got large casualties!! Requesting to return to the haven!!" The voice in the otherline said roughly accompanied by backgrounds of gun fires and screams. "Get back here and regroup now!!!" YoonA answered. "Roger!!" The man replied.

 

"We need to ready the soldiers!! We're being attacked!!!" YoonA said. "Right!!" Sooyoung said as they hurriedly went opposite ways. Taeyang immediately approached the three girls. "Girls, I want you to go and hide to the sanctuary. An army of demons are coming this way. We'll try to defend the cathedral." Taeyang said.

 

"Oppa!!" Yuri called. Taeyang turned to her, he can see the evident fear in her eyes, and he knew she saw something horrible."I saw the cathedral earlier burning to ashes, I didn’t see anyone else except for a man standing atop that cross and turning into a giant bat." Yuri pointed at the large cross situated at the highest tower of the cathedral. "This means that a more powerful one is also present." Taeyang thought.

 

"My brother is here. Asmodius, I can feel his presence." Seungri said from behind as he approaches them. Taeyang turned to him. "One of the most powerful of us princes." Seungri said with a dark expression. "Seungri." Yuri said. The younger guy smiled at her. "You better ride those trucks with your friends, noona. It'll be very dangerous to stay here so we decided to evacuate everyone in this cathedral to my place. It's safer there I can provide a sanctuary for them." Seungri said. Taeyang nodded. "Thank you." He said but then he knew that a price will be made at the later time.

 

Everyone hastened their paces. The soldiers gathered and armed their selves while the monks led the innocent survivors to the trucks. The front entrance was already barricaded. Large turrets had been readied and loaded. The Cathedral had been barricaded as well as the front gate. Panic is somewhat evident.

 

"Oppa!! We'll stay with you!!!" Yuri said approaching Taeyang. He looked at her and smiled while holding her shoulder. "No... It's far too dangerous; I want you, Tiffany and Seohyun to lead the others to the truck. I'll see you at the new place." He said. "But Oppa." Seohyun added. "Please, stay alive... for me." He said. The three hesitated.

 

"We'll protect you as you get away from here. Your lives are far more important." Seunghyun said. "Then promise us that you'll return alive." Tiffany uttered to the two. Taeyang and Seunghyun looked at each other then back to them. "We promise." Taeyang said releasing a tender smile whilst Seunghyun nodded. That said, Yuri, Tiffany and Seohyun smiled and hugged Taeyang and Seunghyun, to his surprise, and left for the truck.

 

Yuri looked back at Taeyang as he and Seunghyun went to the front of the cathedral whilst assisting the other soldiers. She is worried expecially for him.

 

Finally the trucks had been full and left one by one. Taeyang and Seunghyun approached the Archbishop as he rides one of the trucks. "Take care of them. May God be with you." He said. Archbishop Arthurius smiled. "I bid the same to you almighty savior." He said and finally ride the truck and left.

 

Finally, all that's left are most of the soldiers, YoonA, Sooyoung, Seunghyun, Taeyang, Seungri, Daesugn and G-Dragon.

 

The main guards of the first gate had already been overrun and all that's left had left to the cathedral. The demons had taken hold of the gate. Asmodius walked idly towards the bridge connecting the cathedral. With a smirk he eyed the cathedral from not afar.

 

"Let's see how our main protagonist is doing shall we?" His blood boiled in excitement.

 

 

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]