"And I saw Chaos"

The Gray Matter [Hiatus]

 

 

† Phase II †

 

It was a very bright sunny day in Seoul, South Korea... Temperature was warm, enough to provide thirst to people working on physical labors and others walking in hurried paces though overall it was a fine weather. The Great Sun shines at its brightest while proudly hanging high, through the clear, blue, cloudless sky, like observing the labors of the world. Fair winds that are neither too cold nor too hot blows through the busy streets of Seoul.

 

Birds are chirping happily whilst flying through the bright sky, as if it was the most perfect day for them to freely wander around the city. Noisy beeps emerge from cars moving lightly through a small traffic on one of the main roads.

 

It was nearly the end of the summer vacation, well for high school students and below that is. Students flock the streets, busy going to stores, buying all the new school materials that they will need for the new semester as well as things they want to buy for themselves like clothing, shoes, accessories and others of their liking.

 

And finally like it was a special holiday just for Ice creams, everyone can be seen buying and eating one in order to replenish themselves from the hot temperature of the city.

 

Kwon Yuri, a college student, managed to arrive at her 9:00 am class in time before the attendance roll call starts.

 

While the professor calls her classmates' names, Yuri again ponders about what happened early that morning...

 

"Yah... Yuri-ah!! Are you alright?" Sunny said as she hurriedly sits beside the startled girl. Yuri made a cheerful smile though in her mind she is still confused about what is currently happening to her... "Yeah I'm fine Sunny... Just a bit sleepy though...." She answered.

 

"When I woke up, you're already not in the room anymore... And when I found you here, looks like you've been dazed out for almost half an hour... Yuri, you sure you're ok?" Sunny insisted. Yuri nodded trying to make a reassuring expression. "Yeah I'm fine, no need to worry!!" She said doing her best to keep her troubles hidden.

 

 "Ok... If you say so... Well I'm just here if you need someone to talk to ok?" Sunny said then gently held Yuri's arm. "Yeah, Thanks!!! Ahaha!!" Yuri nodded. "Well, you're already late for your opening ceremony and schedule releasing!!!And it's your first day today!!! Seo Hyun is already dressed... You haven't even washed yet" Sunny said startling Yuri as the latter immediately drank her tea –bottom's up- and hurriedly jumped out of the sofa and began moving at a speed twice a racing car's almost panicking and bumping into another girl, smaller than her to be exact, if she didn't managed to evade in time.

 

"YAH!!! Be careful will yah!!" The girl said. Yuri glanced at the girl "Sorry Hyoyeon!!!" She answered before finally storming into the room to prepare for her school...

 

"Kwon Yu Ri!! Is there a Kwon Yu Ri here!?" The professor shouted now with an annoyed tone. Yuri again snapped and immediately raised her hand "Present sir!!!" She said. The professor looked at her then sighed and marked her attendance. "I almost marked you absent, Miss Kwon!!! Please do answer immediately next time ok?" He said. Yuri bowed and bid her sorry before she again sat to her chair.

 

Seungri, whom is beside her leaned his head near her. "Are you alright, noona?" He whispered. "Uhm!! Yeah I'm fine~!!" Yuri smiled. "I'm definitely fine" She added.

 

"You seem not in yourself lately. Sorry, it's just what I noticed." He said. Yuri gave a reassuring smile before she urged Seungri to listen to their professor.

 

After an hour, the Professor finished all of his lectures and dismissed the students. Some went to the canteen on the ground floor to buy snacks since it's already the start of their 30 minutes break time.

 

"I'll buy something to drink, noona. See you later!!" Seung Ri said as he left the room leaving Yuri alone. "Haha lively brat." She smiled as she decided to study for their next class.

 

Suddenly, she felt a mysterious chill. A thing that befits to warn her of something horrible but what it is...? Is actually unknown to her. Eventually, she dismissed it and continued reading her book. Thirty minutes passed and everyone, including Seungri, returned to the room and to their seats. Shortly after, the next professor arrived.

The sound of the bell is heard signifying the end of the day's class. Everyone left the room whilst Seungri lazily and groggily stood up and took his bag and exited the room. Yuri, whom calmly erases the white board, saw Seungri almost bowing due to his tiredness, his shoulders down like bearing weights, footsteps heavy and his expression... 'Priceless...' What she saw made her giggle...

 

After cleaning the white board and tidying her desk, Yuri immediately took her belongings and she exited the room. It was still afternoon and the sun somehow is only at the start of its setting.

[ ~†-----------+~] † Ω † [~+-----------†~]

 

[[Kwon Yuri, age 23]] is currently a college student studying theatre arts. She is an achiever and her dream is to be a successful theatre actress. Currently, she is living at an apartment building along with four others at the western districts of Gangnam in Seoul, South Korea. Like other students her age, she lives a very normal life. She had plenty of friends and is a hard worker. She grew up with very loving parents that she, sadly, left at their province when she decided to move to Seoul to pursue her dreams.

[ ~†-----------+~] † Ω † [~+-----------†~]

 

After exiting the department building, Yuri went to a nearby park and sat at a bench near a green lively tree. She took out a tuna sandwich from her bag and uncovered it then started taking small bites.

 

"Yuri!!" A lively voice called Yuri's attention having her turn to her left to see a red haired young woman, carrying grocery bags and approaching her with a bright eye smile.

 

"Oh!! Tiffany!!! Come here!!" Yuri called gesturing the girl to have a seat next to her. "Hey!! How's class?" Tiffany asked as she takes her sit. "Fine, though I'm a bit sleepy... Haven't focused much on what the professor said, so I guess I'll have to review later tonight hahaha!!!" Yuri said chuckling as she again took her small bite from the sandwich that Tiffany actually made.

 

[ ~†-----------+~] † Ω † [~+-----------†~]

 

[[Hwang Tiffany, age 23]] like Yuri is also student of the university, majoring in music. She, Yuri, and two others were school mates. She came to S.Korea from California, U.S.A at the age of 16 where she studied at an international school. She and Yuri are very close friends and both of them enjoyed each other's interest.

 

[ ~†-----------+~] † Ω † [~+-----------†~]

 

 

"Here, Tiffany, want some? You're sandwich is good." Yuri said. "Oh I'm fine."Tiffany smiled. "I just ate after buying groceries for our stocks" She said lifting the grocery bags. "Oh I forgot you don't have classes today right? Wow, you really love doing house chores huh?" Yuri smiled. Tiffany nodded and smiled; she is really a very clean loving girl and actually acts as the mother to them in their apartment dorm.

The two girls enjoyed their time as the chilling winds that signifies the coming of night brushes against them and gently teased their hair, messing it a bit but at the same time giving them a relaxing feel. Yuri and Tiffany turned towards the scenery posing in front of them and admired the beauty of cherry blossoms waving peacefully along the silent hymn of the winds in front of the setting red sun.

Suddenly, a jolting pain emerged from Yuri's forehead causing the girl to wince as then views came to her mind in quick flashes: A red antique telephone booth, an abandoned building, cars in flames, the red sun and finally a mysterious silhouette. "Yuri-ah, are you alright?" Tiffany asked concerned as she saw Yuri grimaced in pain for a short while. Yuri managed to recover fast and smiled. "I'm quite fine.  Just some migraine." She said assuring Tiffany that it's all fine. Tiffany stared at her for a while before she decided for them to head back to the dorm. "Let's go back now, Yuri, it's already getting dark." Tiffany said as she took the grocery bags. Yuri nodded and stood up as well. "Hey, Fany-ah! I'll help with those." She took some of the bags from Tiffany who appreciated her help. They headed on and passed by a mysterious person clad in a black leather coat and pants with large black cape reaching to his feet covering his broad back and also wearing a hat. Yuri took notice of the individual and was curious about his mysteriousness and a strange feeling that she felt but then dismissed it as she and Tiffany continued on.

The man stopped his tracks as he passed by the two girls and turned to them, a solemn aura emerging from his lone body. He eyed the tall tan girl with long brown hair, curiously, before he turned to the darkening sky.

"A peaceful calm before the raging storm, unexpected turn of events that are to be expected. I sense chaos emerging." The man murmured as he eyed the bleeding sun descending past the horizon and giving way to the coming of the fateful night.

† Ω †

 

Yuri and Tiffany arrived at the dorm. As they enter the room, they were greeted by three girls. A small girl with short blonde hair, [[Lee Soon Kyu, age 23]] that they knew by the name of Sunny, who was surfing the net with her laptop at the living room. A similarly small girl with long light brown hair [[Kim Hyoyeon, age 23]] who was doing some list checks at the kitchen and [[Seo Ju Hyun, age 21]] who welcomed them and helped carry the grocery bags to the kitchen.

"Oh! Hey guys!!" Sunny greeted as she turned to them with a smile. "Hey, Sunny!! You got home early." Tiffany smiled. "Yeah, it's my rest day from my part time job and luckily class ended earlier than expected." Sunny, a part time barista and journalism student, answered. "Wow!!" Yuri said as she ran to the sofa and seated next the short haired girl. Tiffany and Seo Hyun went straight to the kitchen and started planning for their dinner.

"I guess I'll try making some dukbokki (Spicy Ricecakes). You bought some rice cakes right?" Hyoyeon, a dance instructor, asked. Tiffany nodded as she and Seohyun, the youngest and a law student, placed their grocery bags on the table.

"Hey, Seo Hyun, Why don't you bring those watermelons to the living room so that the two can have some snacks?" Hyoyeon told their Maknae who followed with a smile as they start making their dinner.

Yuri turned the TV on and what greeted her was a breaking news report show.

Yuri was slightly surprised and Sunny quickly turned to the TV show as Seohyun approaches them whilst carrying a plate of sliced watermelons.

Meanwhile, at the reaches of the sky, unknown and unseen by the people, a collection of charcoal black clouds with occasional burning flames gliding along it appeared and from it descended a gigantic flying fortress of elegance and majesty made from strange metals, stones and devices, surrounded by smaller flying ships and creature striding within the territory of South Korea. Lightning emerges from nearby clouds as if tickled by the ship's appearance. A strange aura of malice envelopes the flying castle as it hovers slowly downward.

Watching from the navigating bridge is a young man with pale-white skin, similarly white long neatly brushed hair; one horn protrudes from his middle forehead and a symbol is found lying atop his left cheek. He is wearing a colonial outfit coated with red armor, his eyes possessing pale black orbs and he stood tall amongst his lower creatures. A strange red insignia is seen painted at his armor's left chest. Two sets of fangs peaking from inside his lips as he smiles an eager anticipation.

"The world is ready for domination, Sire..." Another pale skinned man with pitch black eyes and clad in metal armor reported as it stops its track behind the taller higher ranking one. "Is the Gray Matter ready for activation?" The taller creature asked. "Yes, Prince Belphegor..."

He turned to his servant and smirked. "The other units must have started descending, well then let's proceed. Abaddon, Make contact with the others and have them ready the smaller chunks of the Gray Matter and the machines to start the operation. My other brothers will descend but at the later time." The creature, Belphegor, ordered before he went to a chamber situated below the airship.

Belphegor descended to a lower chamber surrounded by glasses and red metals. In the middle of the chamber, a glimmering object of pure gray lay resting atop a table made of stones and supported by the small metallic pillars. He went to the bridge way and went close to the object. Upon his presence, the object glowed brighter. The creature grinned as he waits for the promised time.

† Ω †

 

After dinner the girls decided to have some time together. They started telling stories from their schools and some topics. Hyoyeon being a witty and fun girl never fails to insert funny comments and stories and liven up their mood.

It was Seohyun, who was telling them of her stories. They all listened eagerly as the maknae shares some paranormal experiences from her childhood. "Do you think all of those are true?" Sunny asked with a curious look. "Well, I guess so... I mean I myself had experienced some." Hyoyeon said. Yuri was listening quietly but somehow felt a weird sensation embracing her body. She looked at the window seeing the clouds looking very dark and heavy as if threatening them of an impending event.

"Hey guys, it looks like it's gonna rain." Yuri said. The girls turned to the sky and saw the dark heavy cloud. "Woah... I think a storm is coming." Hyoyeon said. "But the news forecasted that there won't be any rain for the coming months. That's weird." Seohyun thought confused. "Well... Anyway it's already late and I think its best that we go to sleep now." Sunny said, the others agreed. "It'll be comfortable sleeping tonight co'z it might get a bit cold since it might rain." Hyoyeon laughed as she went to her room to get her towel.

After washing, the girls went to their bedrooms. Yuri shared her room with Sunny and as they tuck their selves to bed...

"Sunny-ah, did you ever felt anything strange?" Yuri asked out of the blue. Sunny turned to her with her head resting against her folder arms. "What do you mean, Yuri?" She asked. "Well... What I mean is if you ever felt like something is about to happen but you aren't sure?" Yuri clarified. Sunny thought for a moment. "Hmm... I don’t think I felt something akin to that, Yuri. Why? Is something bothering you?" Sunny asked, concerned.

"Not really... But I had some feelings like these and it's really bugging me. I don’t know." Yuri shared. Sunny smiled. "I guess you're just too tired, Yuri, you had been overworking yourself with school lately." She said. "Take a rest and maybe you'll be at ease." She suggested before she lay comfortably in bed. "Let's sleep now, Yuri, good night!! See you tomorrow." She said.

"Night, Sunny!! Sleep well!!" Yuri answered. But before she can sleep, however, she thought of some things that bothered her for a while, although she asked Sunny of her opinion in such things, she didn't revealed everything, including her dreams. After a while, she smiled and decided to dismiss it. "I guess I really just need some time to rest." She then finalized before she went to sleep.

† Ω †

 

The caped man appeared at the top of a secluded building eyeing the whole metropolis of Seoul. Somehow a strong tingling vibe crept to his spine and he felt heavy in his chest, as if the pressure of the air becomes heavy. "This sensation... had the demons already descended as foretold in the ancient times?" He thought. His eyes began to glow a blinding light as his instincts led him towards the sky. His eye narrowed upon the eerie vibe that he is feeling.

† Ω †

 

"The other fleet had their Gray Matter's ready, sire." The peon reported from the navigation bridge. "Then let's proceed with the plan." Belphegor ordered as he placed his palm atop the Gray Matter. "Ready the units... Let the games begin!!"

From the chamber emerged a light of darkness. A noticeable Gray light with its radiance reaching the eyes of men from the world below...

Elegant yet frightening...

"Apocalypse had started." The caped man said witnessing the Gray light fall towards the lands and waiting for the foreseen chaos to emerge as his eyes changed to two different colors.

Seven lights were seen emerging at the entire seven continents of the world from the sky and enveloping the land of men with its grandiose radiance and its gift: utter destruction.

The bands of chaos had played their welcoming requiem.

 

[~†-----TBC----+~] † Ω † [~+-----TBC----†~]