Chapter 1

It's complicated

A little boy and 2 little girls were walking hand-in-hand in their parent’s garden, looking at the beautiful scenery before them. The older girl on his right eye-smiling at him swinging their intertwined hands back and forth while the youngest girl carrying a Keroro doll with her free hand and hugging his left arm.

“oppa~” The youngest of the 2 girls cutely called him while running towards a swing. “Push meee~” She brightly smiled at him.

“Yeesss baby~” He replied let go of the other girl’s hand and running behind the swing to push the youngest. The older of the 2 seemed disappointed at the lost of his warm lil hand on hers.

“Yah~ Unnie~ come.” The younger called her sister while the boy pushed her higher.

“Nah, I go with mommy.” She answered walking away from the 2.

“hm?” The boy hummed pursing his lips tight and frowning.

“Oppa?” the younger girl asked as she noticed that he had stopped pushing her. “Wat wrong?” She innocently asked with a puzzled look.

“I don’t know.” He said looking the way the older sister went.

“U worried about my unnie?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, let’s go!” She jumped off the swing and grabbed his hand then running towards her sister.

They looked everywhere in the garden but couldn’t find the girl.

“Oppa? Where’s unnie?” She asked worried as she looked around trying to find her sister.

“I don’t know and it’s getting late. Baby, u go inside with your parents. I look for your unnie, okay.”

“um.” She nodded and ran inside.

The boy looked around outside in the garden and wasn’t able to find the girl, he then asked the butlers and maids if they had seen her. “Oh, if you are looking for young Miss I saw her with her older brother by the pound.” “Thank you.”

The boy was walking towards the pound when he heard soft crying. He walked towards the crying and found the girl he’s been looking for.

“Ahem. Wat wrong?” He asked as he bent over in front of her.

“Why? Why didn’t u tell me you’re moving away?” She cried.

“I-I-I didn’t want to hurt you.” He looked anywhere but her with sad eyes.

“Thanks, you did a great job.” She hissed.

“is there anything I can do to lessen the pain.” He begged.

“Don’t go.” She stated. “I thought so, just leave me alone.” She coldly said turning away from him.

“Bu-“

“Leave!!’ She shouted.

“Okay.” He straightens himself up with a deep frown on his face. “I’ll leave if that’s what you want.” He coldly stated walking away from her.

She cried harder. “Jesse, noooo~ I didn’t mean it!” She cried into her hands. “Please *sniffs* please *cries* don’t *cries* ever leave *cries* my side.*sobs* Jesse~” She sobbed. “I *sniffs* need *sniffs* you.” She was so consumed in crying she failed to notice the lil boy was still there.  

“I know. I’m sorry.” The boy whispered as he set down her birthday gift in front of her. 

   

 

Drawing he draw, flowers, doll, and a note:

I know your birthday isn’t until 2 days from now by HAPPY BIRTHDAY

“Happy early birthday.” A lonely tear ran down his face as he walked away from the eye-smiling girl for the last time leaving her there crying her heart out. "I'm sorry, I really am. You'll alway be in my heart."     

 

 

Jesse POV

That dream, or should I say memory. I’ve been having it lately since my break with my parents. Why do I still think of her? Where’s that eye-smiling girl now? And why haven’t I been able to remove her from my heart?

“Oppa! I need a ride to school!” Krystal shouted jumping onto my back.

“Ugh!” I cried in pain, opening my eyes to look at the time. “Huh? But it’s barely 6 am. Your school doesn’t start until 8.” I stated looking over my back at her.

“I know, but I forgot that I have a big project due for History today. So I need to go to the Library and research.” She sheepishly said kneeing on my bed.

“Krystal this isn’t like you. You usually finish your assignment a day before they’re due.” I stated concerned as I sat up.

“I know; it’s not like I meant to forget about the project but since mom and dad came and took us to the Caribbean for break it slipped my mind.”

“I understand. Time flies when you’re having fun.” I sweetly smiled at her.

“So~ you’ll take me?” She worriedly asked.

“Of course, just let me get ready.” I patted her head.

“Yeah~” She cheered going down stairs.

Once I had finished, we hurried to Krystal’s school.

“Oppa thanks but you don’t need to walk me.”

Usually I wouldn’t bother walking her into the school, but since it’s really early I doubt many students would be there. “Nah~ it’s cool. Besides I have a feeling you’ll be needing my help with your project.” I smiled.

“Since you’re offering to help me, then yes. Come on.” She smiled dragging me to the Library.

“So what’s the topic? And don’t you need poster paper and other stuff?” I asked sitting down while she got books related to her topic.

“I got that covered. And the topic I choose was The Lost Colony of Roanoke.” She beamed.

“Wow, I’m impressed.” I said as I quickly used the laptop and printed pictures and information that’ll she need. Once we reading over the information I thought it would be of benefit to her if we discuss so it sticks.

“Hey Krystal let’s discuss the topic while you work on putting the presentation together. It’ll help you remember it without needing any quote cards.” I stated while she got the cardboard poster and the necessaries to put everything together.

“Okay.”

“So like I said earlier, I’m impressed. Many overlook that topic thinking it’s boring but in fact is very interesting.”

“I know, I don’t understand why people would rather overlook this topic. It’s really interesting, what got me interested was the fact that no one knows what really happen to them.” Krystal spoke with such enthusiasm as she began writing and putting everything together.

“I know, but what got me more interested was the fact that when the governor, John White, return after 3 years of being in England getting the proper supplies the colonists requested.”

“He found nothing, in fact there were no longer colonists living in the village, it was abandoned and the only thing he found was a single word carved onto a tree.” She finished her poster and showed it to me.

“Excellent.” He stated.

“Thanks, anyways you wanna continue discussing it or do you have to leave for your classes?” She asked as she noticed that the library was now packed with girls staring at me and spazzing. I looked at my watch and saw I still got time.

“A little bit more, I want you to get an A on this.” I stated.

“Oppa, you look like you’re glaring at me.” Krystal teased.

“It’s not my fault.”

“I’m just playing. Anyways back to the topic.”

“Yes, now what was it that White found carved onto a tree?”

“The word, Croatoan. White took this to mean that the settlers had moved to Croatoan Island some 50 mi (80 km) away from Roanoke, but no trace of them were ever found. The name, Croatan, is popular in the region and is perhaps best known in the name of Croatan Sound, which connects Pamlico Sound with Albemarle Sound.”

“Correct, but Croatoan also means ‘blood-borne virus’ which is demonic in origin, and causes a murderous rage in the people it infects. Causing the townspeople to kill each other once infected.” I smirked seeing some scared faces.

“Wow~ I didn’t know that.”

“Yeah, well anyways lil sis I gotta get going.” I said hugging her.

“Okay. Oh Oppa do me a favor and sent a wink to that teacher.” She cutely smiled.

“Your history teacher?”

“Yes, now wink.” She cheekly smiled.

I walked passed her teacher and winked while smirking.

“Omo~” Her and a few female students squealed while some fainted. Is my wink really that powerful? It’s just a normal messed up wink.

 

 

*beep*

Text

To: Jesse

Jesse!!!! My parents are trying to set me up with someone again!!!!!!

Please help!!!!! I'm with Yuri and Sunny in the 4 kings room.

P.S. Bring me some snacks. ^_^

Thanks love ya!!

But seriously BRING ME SNACKS!!!

Mine were taken away by Seohyun when I was in the 4Queens room. T.T

 

From: Cheerful Soo