The Morning

Good Enough

"Rae In, wake up," my mom sang.

 

"No!" I whined.

 

"Hey. Where's your pikachu? I don't see it," she said. I immediately got up with my eyes wide.

 

"Mom!" I yelled. I looked all over my room and found it on the edge of my bed about to fall,"how could you do this to me?"

 

"You need to get ready for school," she said.

 

"Oh... yeah," I said.

 

I got up and went to take a shower. I brushed my teeth and applied face lotion. I put on the uniform and grabbed my converse. I went downstairs. My mom had breakfast ready for me. We were used to American breakfast since we used to live in the states. I sat down. I took a sip of my orange juice and put some syrup on my pancakes. My mom came behind me and kissed my on the cheek.

 

"I'll be leaving now, honey, I need to get to work. You don't mind walking to school?" she asked.

 

"Okay, mom. Bye," I said.

 

"Bye," she said heading out the door.

 

I ate my breakfast quickly. I grabbed my backpack from my room. I took out my homework from yesterday and quickly did. When I was done, I quickly check all my answers. I found some mistakes, but overall the rest was good. I decided to head out the door, so I put all my things in my backpack and put on my sneakers. Next thing you know it, I was out the door. I locked the door well. I took out my MP3 from my backpack and put on my headphones. I listened to ER by Dalmatian. At first, I didn't like it, but now I do. I was concentrated on my music and getting to school. People would pass by and I barely noticed it. I almost got to the gates of school. Chae Rin and Soo Young were there. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I gulped. No! I grabbed the hand and flipped the person. I turned around to see who it was. It was JR. He was on the floor. I feel so bad.

 

"Oppa! Are you okay," I kneeled beside him. He was groaning in pain.

 

"You have a lot of strength for a short girl," Minhyun said. Nu'est and Min Jee were there.

 

"Yah! I'm not short. I'm just not done growing," I pouted. They all laughed except for Ren. He looked annoyed and the 3 girls from yesterday were there.

 

"What are you looking at?" he said, but I ignored him.

 

"Oppa, are you okay," I helped him up.

 

"Yeah," he said.

 

"I'm so sorry," I hugged him.

 

"Where is all this affection coming from?" Min Jee said.

 

"From being thankful," I said. Then I let him go.

 

"Best friends again, huh?" she said. We both nodded,"that's good. Let's head to class."

 

We all headed to class. Chae Rin and I were talking about BEAST this time. We were mostly talking about Jun Hyung and Yo Seob. I love Jun Hyung. We took are seats still talking. Soo Young and Min Jee joined the conversation adding Gi Kwang and Hyun Seung.

 

"Why do they always talk about idols. Girls, these day," we heard Baek Ho.

 

"Not girls. Those girls who talk about them," Min Hyun said. They looked over at them and we smiled at them.

 

"Kids, quiet down," Mrs. Kwon said,"we have new students today."