Morning

Good Enough

We woke up early the next day. I didn't want to get up. I am too sleepy. Soo Young and Chae Rin were trying to get me up. Soo Young was pulling my leg, so I kicked her. She was really mean... Then she started throwing pillows at me.

 

"Get up!" she yelled.

 

"No," I said. Now she started taking my socks off. I had to give in,"fine."

 

"Better," she said and gave me back my socks.

 

I got up and grabbed my clothes. I needed to wash up, so I sat down for a while. Chae Rin and Min Jee were already ready. Hye Yi was in the bathroom. Soo Young and I were waiting.

 

"You always wake up late and take so long," Soo Young complained.

 

"Because I want to look good," I stated.

 

"For Ren," Min Jee teased.

 

"Not true," I said.

 

"So true," Hye Yi came out.

 

"Not true!" I quickly ran in the bathroom.

 

"You better hurry," Soo Young said.

 

I ignored her. I looked in the mirror. I looked like a mess! Of course, only I do this. I stuffed my brush in my pants, so I took it out from there. I started brushing my hair. I will have it down. It looks better that way. Then I washed up and changed. I look good. I smiled then remembered when I first talked to Ren. It was during science class, and I kept getting in his way. I was constantly apologizing. It was so embarrassing! But he just smiled and chuckled. Then I heard pounding on the door.

 

"What's taking you so long? Are you still alive?" Soo Young said.

 

"I'm done," I opened the door. She quickly pushed me out and closed the door.

 

"She just needed to pee," Min Jee said,"besides, buddy, this time you didn't take too long."

 

"What a relief," I said.

 

"You look nice today," Hye Yi said. I put my clothes in my bag.

 

"Thanks," I said.

 

"Should we start going downstairs?" Chae Rin asked.

 

"I was about to say that," Min Jee said. Chae Rin smiled,"Soo, we'll be downstairs. Come down when you're ready."

 

"Okay," we heard her.

 

We all went down stairs. We saw Min Jee's brother, JR, eating at the table. I had this habit of being too polite, so I bowed. He looked at me weird. He always did even though we knew each other since we were kids. We all sat on the other side of the table where JR wasn't. Min Jee went to help her mom. He ignores us and he's scary too. Well not to me, only sometimes.

 

"JR doesn't bite. Rae In, you especially know that," Min Jee said.

 

"Yes, mother, I know," I got up and sat next to him. I faced him and smiled,"good morning."

 

"Morning," he mumbled.

 

Jerk! You don't even talk with me now. We used to be best friends! He only talks to me when he needs or wants something, but still it's rare. Then Soo Young came downstairs. She went to talk with Chae Rin. Then she whispered something to her. Chae Rin looked annoyed. I guess Soo Young doesn't want to sit with JR. I can't say I'm scared of him, but I kind of am.

 

 "Fine," Chae Rin said in an annoyed tone.

 

She got and sat on the other side of JR. I looked at her and smiled. She likes JR. I was the only one who knows of course. I used to like him too, but that was long time ago. I wiggled my eye brows. She gave me a glare. Then I glared back at her. Then I chuckled. Min Jee and her mom came from the kitchen.

 

"Morning girls," Min Jee's mom said. Well both of their mom's. You know what. Mrs. Kim. Then we went back to normal.

 

"Morning," we replied. Then we went back to glaring.

 

"What are you 2 doing?" Min Jee asked.

 

"Huh?" we said,"oh nothing."

 

"Are you sure you 2 aren't twins? You both look so alike and speak at the same time. You're names are slightly the same," Soo Young said.

 

"We're sure," we said.

 

Mrs. Kim came by and gave us a glass of milk. I didn't like milk. I just hated the stuff, but I still drink it. I don't want to complain and be rude. I was going to drink some, but JR started to speak.

 

"Mom, remember Rae In doesn't like milk?" JR said. Hye Yi looked shocked.

 

"Oh. Sweetie, I forgot, but I gave you milk before and you drank it. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me Jong Hyun," Mrs. Kim said,"I'll give you orange juice."

 

"Thank you," I said to Mrs. Kim.

 

"Buddy, you should have said something," Min Jee said. I lowered my head. I knew Hye Yi was shocked he said something. Especially about me. I faced JR.

 

"Thanks, Jong Hyun-ssi," I said. I no longer called him oppa since he started being so distant from me and ever since he was in Nu'est.

 

"Welcome," he said. This time he spoke clearly. Mrs. Kim came with a glass of orange juice.

 

"Thank you," I said.

 

"It's okay to speak out and remind me okay?" she said. I nodded.

 

We all ate quietly and quickly. When we were done, we left to go to school. We had to walk in front of JR because has a ''responsibility'' of taking care of us. Seoul Academy wasn't far. About 5 minutes to get there. Min Jee lived close. We got near the gates of the school. Nu'est was waiting for JR. I always become nervous when passing by. Now even more because my friends know I have a crush on Ren. Chae Rin and I quickly walked by. Hye Yi, Soo Young, and Min Jee are embarrassing sometimes...