7 - Bikes and More

Mine

 

She was nervous. Of course she was nervous and she was sure that what she was about to do was going to end up badly. Why was she even there in the first place? It made no sense, of course it didn’t. When she arrived to the address the other man gave her, she expected everything to be dark and rather suspicious looking. She was right. She knew that everything around didn’t fit her at all and she knew that she would never step into a place like that that was for sure. It was a very dark alley and as soon she gave two steps inside that dark place, all eyes were on her and she could feel worse than she felt when she walked inside the man’s bar for the first time. There were just men for sure, one or two women and she was sure that the women there were almost laughing at her and the men were wondering what the hell she was doing there. She looked like a kindergarten, she knew it. The clothes she was wearing were horrible, especially because while everyone was wearing black and leather, she was wearing white pants, a baby blue jacket and a darker shirt. She was 23 for god’s sake. Why was she wearing the clothes her mother bought? Was she a baby who needed her mother to help?

Still looking around, Song Jieun was starting to believe being there was a horrible idea because not only she had no idea who those people were, she felt lost. She felt like she didn’t belong there and she knew she was right. Around them all she could see were couples all over each other, bikes, lots of them and loud rock music. This was so not what she was used to. And all eyes…all those eyes were making her more uncomfortable than before. “Hey!” She heard a familiar voice. She continued looking around but all she could see was confusion and nothing else. “Song Jieun!” She heard again. She continued looking around until her eyes caught a very familiar man with two girls next to him looking very unhappy for some reason. They were grabbing his arms like very attached girlfriends and when he started getting free from their grip, they gave her a glare and he walked towards her. “You actually came.” He started and she looked at her.

He started scanning her making Song Jieun feel her cheeks burn but when he gave a small chuckle, her blush disappeared. “Your mother dressed you again?” She glared at him and he just smiled. He looked so different. Sure, the eye liner, the leather jacket and black pants, the booths helped a lot, but still. There was something in Kim Sunggyu that made him look seriously different. Maybe was the fact he was…smiling. His smile was so beautiful and the way his eyes disappeared when he smiled made her heart skip a couple of beats. “Sorry Jieun. Sorry.” With the fact he just called her name and completely ignored them, the girls that were previously next to him continued glaring towards Song Jieun and she was sure if they kept like that they were going to make wholes on her forehead. “…It’s just, your style doesn’t match any of...This.” He said as he looked around. Song Jieun looked down to the floor. She knew he was right. Of course he was. She looked like…she didn’t even know. “You need to check yourself in the mirror before you leave in the morning.” Why was he always teasing her when it came to her clothes? “if you keep insulting me, I’m leaving!”

Song Jieun was ready to leave. She turned away but then she felt the man grab her arm. She looked at him and saw him smile at her. What was with him that night? Why was he smiling that much? Was he sick? Probably. Well, his smile still looked strange because he still managed to look dead serious with that smile on his face. Was that even possible? “I’m sorry…” He paused and Song Jieun continued staring at him with unsure eyes. Every time she was with him she felt he was mocking her in some way. “…I’m glad you came.” She was surprised with his words. It was something he wasn’t expecting that was for sure. “But I still hate your clothes. They look horrible on you!” She glared to him but when she opened to tell him that she couldn’t change just because he hated her clothes someone spoke before her. “Allow me to help!”

Both looked to the side and there they saw a girl with brown hair and a bright smile on her face. She saw Kim Sunggyu smile back and for some reason she felt a little…bothered that the two of them were smiling to each other. Who was this girl? What was she doing there? “Ailee…will you do that for me?” He asked and the girl grabbed Song Jieun’s arm and started smiling even more. “Of course!” She looked to the other girl and she couldn’t help but look at her with a very confused face, not understanding what the hell was happening there, especially when the Ailee girl started walking towards a very dark, strange building. “She’ll be ready in minutes!” Song Jieun looked to Kim Sunggyu one last time before entering the building having no idea what the hell was going to happen to her but she was sure she wasn’t going to come out the same.

 

She was right. She wasn’t the same. At least she didn’t felt the same with those clothes and she was sure everyone that once made fun of her because of her previous clothes were now talking about her for a complete different reason. She was using a black top with black pants and a bracelet in her arm. Her hair was all down and that Ailee girl made sure she had tons of eye liner and she doubted the choice of shoes the girl chose for her, but she could stand on them, so she was glad for that. “Now you look like one of us!” The girl said and she looked to the smile the other was wearing. “…Why did you…?” She didn’t even finish because as soon she stepped outside the dark building everyone was looking at her, especially the men that made fun of her baby clothes moments ago. She later found out the building was a place where most bikers slept when they were out town like the Ailee girl. It seemed that races like this happened very often and most of the racers were out of Seoul or even out of Korea so they needed a cheap place to stay, so Sunggyu got them a place to stay.

“Hey!” She heard the familiar voice call. She turned and there she saw Kim Sunggyu wave at her. He was already on his bike, his helmet on his hands and next to him were other bikers with their respective girlfriends or even groupies. They were all in a line and they were probably 10 bikers, but in that moment, she could only see Kim Sunggyu while all the bikers stopped what they were doing to stare at her. She stepped closer to the amber haired man and tried to ignore those unwanted stares. “So? Do you like it?” Ailee asked while Kim Sunggyu scanned her from head to toe. “…now you look 23.” She didn’t know if she should smile or glare when he said that, but she was going to take those words as a compliment because it was the first time he said such words to her and she was almost sure that those words coming from someone like Kim Sunggyu were like getting a compliment from a president or something like that. “Are you going to race now?” She asked as she saw everyone getting ready. The bikers already had their helmets on and they were warming up their bikes. “Yeah.”

She looked at him and then to the road. “…It’s suicide.” She whispered and he gave her a small smirk. “That’s the thrilling part.” He whispered back moving his face a little closer to hers. She didn’t know why, she didn’t even knew him, but she was worried that something bad could happen to him. “…Be careful.” She said, her voice sounding a little cold. He looked to his helmet and gave a small smirk making Song Jieun raise a brow not understanding what was happening there. “I need a good luck charm.” His voice was like velvet that moment and before she could ask him anything about what he just said, he placed a hand behind her head and pulled her down. In a matter of seconds they had their lips pressed together. She was in shock to say the least. It only lasted moments, but it was enough for her to feel how soft his lips were against her and for her to feel her heart almost burst. She looked to him and saw him smirking even more as he placed his helmet on his head. “Now I’ll win…for sure.”