13 - Not a Good Guy

Mine

 

Song Jieun finally unpacked her last box. She never realized she had so little things compared to the normal person; maybe her previous room was too small and stuffed with things her mother decided she would have or maybe she just threw away a lot of things before she moved out. Looking around, she had to admit the room was bigger than what she was used to. She was pretty sure this new room of hers was as big as her mother’s living room and room put together. She lived in a small house so anything bigger than that was gigantic. And white. This room was seriously white and had light everywhere. The only thing she could say it had color was the small carpet and the furniture that were black. It was a beautiful room, don’t get her wrong, but she was used to wake up and see this cloud of pink around her, suffocating her, making her feel like the world was going to crash on top of her. it was a heavy atmosphere to wake up with. She wondered how she could fall asleep with so many things around her; every time she placed her head on the pillow it would feel like she was going to die. It was strange.

“Stop thinking about it!” She said. She had to stop thinking about her life with her mother. She had to stop thinking about a life that she lived and hated for so long. She loved her mother, no doubt about it, but the life she had until now, always doing what her mother wanted without even questioning it was beyond exhausting and she was sure that one day she would explode if she kept it up. And that’s exactly what happened. She exploded in a way that she ended up leaving her house and now she was living with the last person she thought she would. Now she was living with the last person she thought she would share a house with. “How did things come to this?” She asked as she sat in her new bed. It was so confusing and strange. She went from living on the poorest part of town to be living on the richest part in a blink of an eye. Instead of having small houses and a bunch of people around knowing who you were, now she saw the latest cars and women dressed in the most expensive clothes.

She was sure that one pair of shoes those women wore was worth more than her previous house, without a doubt. “It’s like Cinderella…” What the hell was she thinking? It had nothing to do with Cinderella. She had no evil sisters, no evil step-mother and she surely didn’t find her prince charming. The only comparison she could do at that point was saying it was like gaining the lottery even thought she won no money in the end. “Song Jieun, you’re such an idiot, you know that don’t you?”

 She allowed her body to drop on top of the bed, not knowing what to think, not knowing what she should do now. “This is good; this is good for me and for my life…” She whispered. This was the change she needed. This was the change that was going to make her see what the real world was all about. And even thought it didn’t look like it, she didn’t care about her moving. No, that was beyond secondary. What was messing with her head was what happened. What happened in front of her…she couldn’t believe what happened between Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun.

Not even in her wildest dreams she would imagine the two knew each other or that those two had worked together and that they had a past. She never imagined that Nam Woohyun had a past. Looking at him she would never imagine it. He looked like a decent guy, he really did. Comparing him with Kim Sunggyu, he was the good, perfect guy. The one every single girl wanted. What she always wanted…she could say she did felt something for him, but how could she like someone who spent so much time lying about who he was? If he had told her the truth she would look at him with the same eyes. She would see the same honest, caring man. But instead all she could see now was a guy that lied to her every single day since they started speaking to each other. Kim Sunggyu on the other hand never lied about who he was. On the contrary. He always told her who he was, who he slept with and what he liked to do. He wasn’t a player but he liked having fun with girls and maybe men. It didn’t mean she liked it, but she was thankful he always told her the truth and because of it she could see he was an honest man, and after so many things that happened between the two of them she saw him like a good man. A very humble, hard working man. Nam Woohyun on the other hand…she couldn’t even look at him in the eyes.

“Stop thinking.” Song Jieun looked to her bedroom door and she saw one of the men she was thinking about. “I could hear your thoughts in the living room.” She could the man giving her a very charming smile. He didn’t smile that much, but when he did it would make her heart skip beats and she would think she was dreaming. “You have to start thinking less. It’s bad for you if you keep thinking about stupid things.” She just looked away, not wanting him to see the soft blush on her face and all she did was apologize to him and kept on looking to the window. Kim Sunggyu on the other hand didn’t like the way she was acting.

He walked towards her and stood in front of her. Seeing that she wasn’t paying any attention to him, he decided to kneel in front of her and grabbed her hands. Because of this she felt like she had to look at him no matter what happened, even thought she didn’t want. She didn’t want to look at him right now, she wanted to be alone, and she wanted to be left with her thoughts, even if it was just for a little while.

Was that too much to ask for?“Listen.” He started. “I know you’re still...rather shocked with what happened the other day. I know you’re still wondering why it all happened right?” She nodded but decided to keep quiet. She wouldn’t speak, not until he said everything he wanted. She wasn’t going to open to say how she hated to find out who the real Nam Woohyun was. She didn’t want to say how happier she was without knowing the truth.

“I’m sorry it happened, but you deserved to know. You should know what that guy is all about! He lied to you until now and who knows if he wouldn’t keep lying about it in the future…” Song Jieun nodded. He was right. He was totally right about that, but she didn’t want to think about it. She didn’t want to think about what could have been, she didn’t want to think about what would be her life if she didn’t know the true about Nam Woohyun.

“You’re right…And I thank you for that Sunggyu…” She forced a smile towards him, but he could see through it.  It was such a fake smile. She was trying to hide how disappointed she was, he could see how hurt she was. It was like she had lost Nam Woohyun and would never see him. It was like she had lost a big part of her life and Kim Sunggyu hated it. He hated being the reason of that unhappy face, but honestly, he didn’t regret it. he didn’t regret it at all.

He did what he was supposed to do, so he wasn’t going to feel bad. He wasn’t going to feel bad about what he did and the things he said. “Don’t thank me Jieun.” He said as he stopped holding her hands and looked down to the carpet under his feet. She raised a brow not really understanding what was happening. Why the sudden change? He was smiling moments ago, and was being so careful with his words and so gentle…now he was acting like someone had kicked him on the stomach. “I’m no better than Nam Woohyun.” He said.

“Y…Yes you are! You never lied to me about anything!” Kim Sunggyu fought the urge to roll his eyes. He got up from the floor and looked down to the woman in front of him. “How am I better than him Jieun? I used his past to break the image you had of him. I manipulated the situation to work for me.” He passed a hand through his hair and looked to her. She looked so confused and so lost that he wasn’t sure if he should keep on talking. But now it was too late to go back with his words. “What I did is no better than hide a shameful past.” He paused for a moment and walked towards the bedroom door. “I’m not the good guy in this story Jieun. I’m a bad guy, just like Nam Woohyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I made this basically because some were worried that Jieun would end up with the "bad guy" like many other fics and not with the good guy. I wanted people to see that either of them is actually good or a saint!