11 - Strange Things

Mine

 

Song Jieun couldn’t believe it. She couldn’t believe she was actually packing her little things into small boxes and she couldn’t believe that she waited until her mother left the house so she could enter and grab her things. She actually said yes! She actually said Kim Sunggyu that she would move in with him and that she was thankful to him for offering such a thing, because honestly speaking, she thought she was going to live on that couch for the rest of her life. So naturally, when the opportunity of leaving and allowing Jeon Hyosung and Jang Dongwoo to be alone, to have their privacy back, she took it and didn’t even thought twice. Not until she was back to her house and packing every single thing she owed. It was strange, it was really strange to be in such a position and what was weirder was that Kim Sunggyu would be arriving soon to help her with the move and to help her with anything else she needed. She still doesn’t know why she gave that answer, but before she knew it she already had agreed on moving to god knows where.

Jeon Hyosung offered to help with the move, but Song Jieun knew perfectly that if she accepted her friend’s offer, both of them would start talking about Kim Sunggyu and her friend would start saying that maybe she was doing something wrong, something that she was going to regret in the future, and truthfully, no matter how much she loved her friend, she wasn’t in the mood to hear something like that. She saw how Jang Dongwoo reacted when he heard the offer. He didn’t look happy at all, and something in his eyes told her to refuse the offer, but before she knew it, she already said yes and now she couldn’t go back. Jang Dongwoo and Kim Sunggyu were friends and partners right? So she probably saw things that weren’t really there, maybe it was only her imagination and nothing else. “Just keep packing.” She whispered to herself. If she kept on being slow, her mother would come at any moment and would have a freak out seeing her daughter was actually moving away forever.  She continued on cleaning everything off her room and then she heard the door bell.

“…Is he already here?” She asked to herself, not really sure. She walked towards the front door and without even checking who was, since she was sure it was Kim Sunggyu, she opened it and her eyes almost popped when she saw who was. In front of her a huge bouquet of flowers stood in front of her. Beautiful, red flowers and when she was about to talk, the bouquet moved and her heart skipped a beat when she saw who was. “Morning!” She heard and just that made her cheeks burn like crazy and her heart was beating so fast at that point she was sure she was going to have an attack. “Woohyun…” She whispered and the man smiled and to her and moved a little closer to her, giving her the flowers. She grabbed them and she didn’t know if she could smile or not. She wasn’t expecting this, she really wasn’t, but at that moment, her mind went completely blank and she just stood there, feeling her legs fail her. “Finally you don’t say my full name.”

He said with a warm smile. “So, are you ready?” He asked and she looked at him with confusion in her eyes. “For our date…remember?” How could she forget? God, how could she forget something so important? She was going on a date with Nam Woohyun! When they agreed where they were going she was so excited, so happy for it she couldn’t even wait. And now she forgot about it completely. “…I’m so sorry Woohyun…I forgot…” She could see disappointment in his eyes, but his smile would never disappear. Instead he just moved a little closer to her and very gently tried to hold her hand. “It’s okay…I’m here already, so…how about we go?” She wanted to say yes, she wanted to say yes a million times, but before she could, she remembered what she was supposed to be doing and why she should be doing it in the first place. “…I can’t Woohyun…I’m sorry…” She could see he was beyond disappointed with her words and that it wasn’t what he wanted to hear. Song Jieun didn’t really know what to say at that moment so she did the only thing she could think of at that moment. “I’m really sorry Woohyun…”

Nam Woohyun kept on looking at her with hurt eyes and she just smiled at him, hoping that he would forgive her for her lack of attention. “…It’s okay…” He said. it was more than obvious that he was waiting for this day for a while now, and he had everything planed, but because she forgot  he know had to wait for another opportunity for them to go out and have an actual date. “It’s only because…I’m moving out….” That caught his attention. He looked at her and she gave him a weak smile. She hated thinking that she was actually leaving the house she grew up in, that she was leaving all of those memories behind her and she would never come back to that house ever again.

“You’re moving out? Why?” Nam Woohyun asked with a very worried tone and she smiled at it. He was always so worried, so kind to her that she didn’t really know how to react at that sometimes. “…My mother kinda kicked me out…and I kinda ran away from home as well…” He wanted to ask her millions of things, he really did, but seeing her expression, he decided he was going to keep quiet and that he would just support her and wouldn’t ask her anything about it. Instead he grabbed her hand and pulled her a little closer to him. She was surprised with the sudden action, but smiled when she felt his arms around her frame. Every time he held her, even if it was just for two seconds, it made her smile and feel like the world wasn’t so bad after her, like the whole world wasn’t going to be destroyed because of her, like her mother made her feel. “It’s okay; we can go on a date another time…”

He said as he gave her a small kiss on the forehead. She felt her face burn at that but kept on smiling at him. “Want some help packing things?” He asked and Song Jieun just smiled at him with her face still flushed, not really knowing how she should react at his kindness. Sometimes she believed that Nam Woohyun was out of this world, another human being that was sent to earth to make her happy and to make her believe that she actually good at dancing, that she was actually good for something. Not to mention she loved his music. She loved every single piece he wrote because it made her feel like she was the only one person in the whole world that mattered to him. “Thanks…but I’m almost done…” She said and he nodded. He knew that it was his cue to leave her alone and to allow her to keep her on packing every single thing, but before he did it, he decided that he was going to say goodbye to her properly, the way he should.

He placed a hand very gently on her cheek and started moving a little closer to him. Song Jieun knew what was going to happen next and just the thought of it was making her blush and the only thing she could do was close her eyes, waiting for it. She started feeling his hot breath against her face and her heart started beating incredibly fast and she started feeling her head spin with everything that was happening. “What’s going on here?” Both heard a seriously angry voice ask. They turned their attention to the car that was parked in front of her house and while Nam Woohyun showed no emotion whatsoever, Song Jieun just wished for a whole to hide because at that moment, she felt like the worst person in the world.  She saw the man moving closer to them and him very angry. “What are you doing with…” he paused and she saw him staring at Nam Woohyun from head to toe. “…with him?” Before she could even think about answering, the raven haired man spoke first. “…Go to hell Sunggyu.” What the hell? What did Nam Woohyun just said? Did he just said Kim Sunggyu’s name? How was such thing possible? “Not if you don’t go first Woohyun.”