Chapter 8

I'm in Luhan's girlfriend's body?!

-{ 8. Nayeon's parents.

 

Joohee's POV:

 

My back hurts. I slept on the couch last night but with Nayeon's thin body and spine, I woke up in need of a massage. Luhan tired so hard to make me sleep in the same bed yesturday.

I had to fake a cold (even though he asked how I got one) and told him it's best if we seperate for a while. He turned the heat up in the apartment and I was burning like a marshmallow. I had to kick the blankets off in the middle of the night but when I woke up, they were back on me. 

And not until I got ready and we were about to leave for school did I realize you could have pulled it out! Luhan said he didn't tell me because he thought I knew. 

Right now, we're sitting in the car listening to weird music. While in traffic, Luhan drummed his index fingers on the steering wheel and made a duck face. He's so cute and he doesn't even know it. He must have felt my eyes on him because he turned around and quickly stole a kiss on my lips. 

My face reddened. Gawsh, he's so cute! But I can't let him kiss me no matter how much I want it. He's Nayeon's. She's so lucky. To have such a good looking and sweet boy kissing her whenever she wants.. 

It's just even more tempting! Don't take advantage of the situation Joohee! Nayeon will never forgive you if you allow yourself to be with him in her body! 

"How much longer til we get to school?" I avoided eye contact and faced the window. It was humid and wet outside so I drew faces on the window. 

"Just a few more minutes. Be patient." He chuckled. "Hey so I was thinking.. about your parents.." He talked as if he feared what I'd say next.

Now that I think about it, where are Nayeon's parents? I haven't seen them or received any calls. We kept each other's phones too. "My parents?"

"Yeah, no matter what you say, I still think you should talk to them." 

"I haven't been talking to them?" 

Once we stopped at a red light again, Luhan lightly pushed my forehead back. "Did you lose your memory or something?" 

"No! I didn't mean it like a question, I was just saying!" 

"Okay.. weird." He lifted one eyebrow. I thought he was still going to question me about a topic I had no idea about until we finally arrived at school. I hurried before he could get a chance to give me a goodbye kiss. 

"I have to get to class early, see ya!" 

I need to find Nayeon. I need to find Nayeon. I need to find Nayeon. I'm gna try the library again. 

I was right, my body sat at the same table as the day before drinking a latte and reading a magazine. Well, I guess I looked cooler? 

"Nayeon-ah." I whispered so no one could hear me and ask why I was calling my own name. She lifted her face.

"Hey." She gestured for me to sit across from her. "Your family is a little coocoo. Especially your brother and mother. No offense." 

"I'm not insulted because it's the truth." I told her and waited a while to ask her my question. "I have something to ask.."

"Go ahead."

"What's your relationship with your parents and why aren't you talking to them?" 

She put the latte down and rubbed her forehead and eyes. "Ugh did Luhan bring it up? He's so annoying about that." 

"He's just concerned about you."

"Well he doesn't have to be! It's fine!" 

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"My parents used to beat me." I gasped. People started staring. Oh my goodness, poor Nayeon! No wonder she wanted loving parents! I've disappointed my parents many times but they have never discriminantly laid a finger on me! 

She continued. "I was really little when it started, maybe 5. I didn't know it was called 'abuse' though, they said it was for my discipline. My aunts and uncles found out but couldn't take me away during middle school. They refused to feed me if I got under a 90 on a test and just hit me to let out anger sometimes. My brother just sat and watched many times."

"Nayeon, I am so sorry."

"So I ran away and grew really close to Kai, who hid me in his house for a really long time. We were 13 so it wasn't a big deal. And then stuff happened when we were 16 but we broke up in a year. I fell in love with Luhan and moved in. It's almost a year."

"Nayeon, I am so-"

"Stop saying sorry, I don't care about it anymore. And around the time I officially moved in with Luhan, my brother found me and told me that everyone rued what happened and they wanted me to move back. Of course I refused! But my parents kept sending letters and gifts to the point where Luhan believed they truly did want me back. He's been trying to convince me to give them a second chance."

"Were your parents really that bad?"

"Yeah." Her face remained emotionless as she recalled her past. 

"I don't see any scars.." I felt my smooth arms and face. 

"Luhan got them professionally removed and covered for me. He paid a lot and he said it was a birthday gift to me, first step to getting rid of pain was physically removing any signs. I guessed it worked. I'm no longer sad about it, I'm just apathetic." 

"So.. what should I say to Luhan if he brings up the topic again?"

"Just ignore it. Change it, talk about anything else, ok?" I remained silent.

 

The bell rang. "C'mon let's get to class." Nayeon got up and threw away her latte.

"Wait, you think we can hang out today after school? I think it's really important we get to know each other better."

Her face was still pretty hard from the last conversation but she seemed to soften up and the side of her lips curled up. "Ok, that'll be great. Meet me outside when school is over." 

 

We parted ways and headed to each other's classes. I'm sorry Nayeon-ah, but I'm not going to ignore it. I'm going to ask Luhan for all the letters that your parents have written so I can read and judge it myself. Then, I'll decide whether I want to make it up for you or not. I have control now. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoa, Joohee sounds like a dictator! XD Sorry for the gloomy chapter, it's raining and thundering right now (gah! I hate it) and I can't go anywhere because I can't drive yet so I'm pissed and wrote this lol. 

Hope you're enjoying it! And this is weird, but to all the commenters, I'm sending you an "I LOVE YOU" message, just saying. 

 

Exo gif: 

tumblr_m8jchiBPV81qg1bxbo1_250.gif

^^ THIS IS TOO ADORABLE. Found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oi2P0ViwQU