Chapter 17

I'm in Luhan's girlfriend's body?!

Nayeon's POV:

 

Exercise is hard. This body has the weakest stamina a body could possibly have; even sloths are faster! I haven't even ran more than five minutes and I can already feel my breathing get heavy. I'm sweating like a donkey but the air condition is on at 67°. That's sweater weather.

I officially have 20 days left. Since the visit to my parents' home, I've decided to let that go. I will no longer try to gain my parents' love but help Joohee get her wish- to lose weight (absolutely not the Luhan part). I hope if I make half of her wish possible, we can change back. I just want Luhan back. 

"Nayeon, I know this might not make sense but... I'm tired and not tired at the same time." Joohee complains next to me. We went to the gym together because if I have to help her get in shape, she has to at least keep my body in shape. 

"Don't give me that! My body is in great shape, it's capable of anything!" Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but still. I'm pretty strong.

"But.. I've been lifting these weights over 30 times and mentally, I am so tired and bored but this body-!" She pats her biceps. "is so powerful!"

"You need to learn to it up. Once I get your body in shape, you will have to maintain it by working out the most every other day the same amount. You need to keep in consistent if you wish to keep such results."

"Shut up and keep running." Joohee jokes. I give her a glare which shows I didn't take the comment lightly and she gives a slight bow. 

After pushing past 10 minutes, I stopped the treadmill to get my water when I see Joohee texting away on my phone. I quickly take a sip of water and savor every drop. Joohee giggles to herself and tosses her hair behind her shoulder to continue texting. What is she doing, she's suppose to be exercising right now. I throw the sweaty towel around my neck at her face. She looks up startled and agitated as if I interrupted a very important thing.

"What was that for?" She questions. 

"Get back to work. Now."

"Actually, I have to go meet Luhan. He said it was an emergency." She stands up and examines the towel I've thrown at her to see if it's still worth using before wiping her forehead with it. Ew. An emergency?! I wonder what happened! 

"I'm coming too." I also stand up and get a dried, unused towel from the side. 

"No no no," she quickly defends. "He said he only wanted me to go."

"What kind of emergency is it that only you can fix?" I start to think unsafe innappropriate thoughts.

She hesitantly bites her lips. "You know what, nevermind. I have to go! It has nothing to do with Luhan, just... bye." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After getting ditched by Joohee, hunger took over and led my body to a nearby restaurant. I ordered steamed chicken and soup to go because I was uncomfortable eating alone in public. I also should not go home because Kyungsoo might throw it out and exclaim how I carelessly waste his money all the time. I'll find somewhere to eat, don't worry.

As I walked down the street, I caught sight of Luhan and his arms thrown over Joohee's shoulders. A deep red blush color has taken over her entire body, even her legs look red as if they were slapped. She stares at the ground as they walk, something I would never do because it's terrible posture. It's weird seeing my body so bashful like this. I'd usually have my arms around Luhan's waist as we walk to... yeah, where are they going?

They swiftly make a turn down the street and I can no longer see them! I'm about to call out but then I remember how Luhan hates when he gets interrupted. I have no other choice but to follow them then! At perfect moment, a sales lady next to me screams, "Hats and scarfs as low as $5! Come get 'em!" I'm going to need a disguise!

I analyze all the hats for the perfect one for me. Oh no, wait! I have no more money. I used the money to buy my lunch. I angrily glare at the soup and chicken in my hand as if it was it's fault for everything. For making me moneyless, for making me boyfriend-less, for making me family-less. I find the perfect hat that I want but how evilly ironic it is that the price is the same as my meal. I jut my head out behind a building to see Joohee and Luhan about to make another turn. Aish!

"Excuse me, do you do exchanges?" I say as I lift up my bag of food with the restaurant logo on it.

"No I'm sorry I only accep-"

"Here! It's steamed chicken and soup! I'll give it to you for that hat." I place it in front of her and put the hat on my head and become satisfied that it fits me well.

"I'm a vegetari-"

"Today is your cheat day! Thanks auntie!" I say and start speed walking away. She attempts to scream at me a few times but eventually gives up and I see as I turn the corner that she's opened the bag of food. I smile to myself. They definitely won't recognize me. 

I see them enter an arcade, one Luhan and I go to often. After seeing them go inside, I start to enter but am held back by the door. Damn you door! I open the second one so I could get through but I've already been discouraged. Of course they'd recognize me! There is no one as big as me in this arcade! What do I do? 

"Dawww!" I hear a pitiful whine come from my side, where a boy is putting in another set of quarters to play a game he seems to be losing at. I walk up to him and tap him on the shoulders. 

"Excuse me?"

He turns around expectantly, probably because he hears a girl voice but his facade almost instantly changes once seeing me in a funny hat and my body. "What do you want?" He say bitterly. He turns back quickly because his game cannot be paused. 

"Could you do me a favor? Err, I'll give you this hat." I say and start taking it off my head.

"No thanks, I'm good." 

"How about... if I win that prize for you, since you don't seem like you're doing so good, you do me a favor?"

"Depends on what the favor is." I hear a hint of obedience in his voice. 

"You just have to follow a couple around. As long as they are in this arcade. I'll give you my number and if they leave, you have to contact me right away okay?" 

"Dawwww!" He grabs at his hair furiously for not being able to win the game. It isn't hard at all, actually. It's just the claw game. I've seen children too small to write actually win toys. This kid must be in middle school. "Fine." He huffs. "Give it a try. I want the squid."

I don't know why he'd want such a horrendous thing. It's bulging eyeball gives me the shivers even if it's not moving and intended to look cute and twinkly. "Whatever I got this. Give me 4 quarters."

"What, you're not gna pay for it yourself?"

"Now tell me why I'd use my own money to win a toy for a stranger? I'll give you this hat if it makes you feel better, iight?" He sighs but starts searching for quarters in his pocket. "Besides," I continue. "Your task isn't even that hard. You can keep playing games as long as you tell me if the couple does anything like PDA. Just try to play games near them."

He hands me the quarters. "Why can't you just do it yoursel-"

"Shhhh. I need silence." I whisper loudly to him albeit the arcade has screaming children everywhere. I can almost hear him rolling his eyes. I do not bend to be eyeleveled with the toys because that is not the key. The key is to do it from above, then you'd know where the claw really is. How could you calculate how close or far you are if your face is leveled with the toys? You have to look from above.

Quickly and easily, I win him the squid.

"Thanks noona!" He suddenly decides to call me. "I'll do the favor for you! That couple right?" He points to confirm. I turn to see Joohee and Luhan playing air hockey. 

I exchange numbers with the kid, just in case I want to tell him anything important too, and leave the arcade. I want to remain close in case they choose to leave and I can continue following them in the busy streets of Seoul.

I sit down on the bench and wait. Why did this have to happen? A supernatural phenomenon happens and makes me feel even more deprived of everything than before. Is there a sick joke being played on me? I do not want this, I do not want this. Can this all just be a dream?

 

 

Author's Note: 

Please. Do. Not. Kill. Me. I cannot believe I did not update in half a year. I AM SO SORRRRY! I was just so embarassed. To be truthful, I lost hope for this story a long time ago, maybe even before the 10th chapter. But no! I will stick to it! Thank you subscribers, for encouraging me! :) I mean, some of you did kinda yell at me but I'm so thankful that you love the story enough to want it to continue. I had many problems to deal with, especially with school and internal problems (I'm Asian okay). Everything is fine now, it was just this school year... was hard to get cross. Whoever said high school is the best, well.. I can't say anything because it's not over for me yet XD. I've come back a more happy author and hopefully more improved. I am starting a new story too! This one might be ending...

Okay well thanks everyone! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Please understand I needed a hiatus from writing (sorry for not officially announcing it though) but now I'm in English honors (if some of you know what I'm talking about please be proud of me it's hard okay)