Chapter 15

I'm in Luhan's girlfriend's body?!

-{ 15. The Party

 

Nayeon's POV:

I tapped my fingers against the desk. C'mon school, end quickly! Yesturday was a mess. One, I didn't get to buy any clothes and even got insulted by some girl flirting with my boyfriend. Two, Kyungsoo made us go to the gym and I think I twisted my fat. Three, I met my brother again. Do you know how long I've been trying to avoid him?

7 months.

7 really nice months.

And now that Joohee has showed I'm she's interested in talking to him, he'll never leave me alone! 

Guess I'll have to go to this party. Joohee'll never listen to what I tell her to do! She thinks she knows what's right but eventually, everything will be screwed up. And worst! What if my family treats her as terribly as they treated me? 

I need to talk her out of this party.

 

"Uhm, Nayeon!" I shouted outside the school gate. It's been about a week since we've switched bodies. She stopped walking & I caught up to her. "Please please please, I'm actually begging, do not go. Tell them that-"

"No Joohee. This is what's best for you. You need this!" 

People were starting to stare. Oh God >.> 

"You don't understand, I don't need them. I'm living fine with Luhan!"

"Yes you do. And I know you do because you asked to switch, remember?"

Crap. 

"Well... I changed my mind."

"Uh huh." She put her hands on her hips. "Anyways, school is over so let's go get some pretty dresses for the party!"

"Actually, my mom never likes having fancy parties so I'm pretty sure we can just wear this." I reasoned. It's true, she just wanted small gatherings and they only occured when she was happy, which she rarely was.

"School uniforms?" She raised her eyebrow. Hey! I don't even know how to do that! 

"Sure." I shrugged my shoulders. We have to go to the party looking like we don't care because, well I don't!

"Nayeon!" I heard the sweet angelic voice shouting my name. He walked up from behind, walking right past me, to wrap his waist around Joohee. Did my heart just literally drop? "Joohee." He looked at me and gave me a headnod. That's it? Is that really it? "Baby, are we going to go home now?" He nuzzled his head into her neck. He only did that to me before.

"Uhm not right now. But I have good news! I'm going to go to my mom's birthday party!" Joohee blurted. Oh my goodness oh my goodness, facepalm. At least try to say the things I would!

"Your mom?!" Luhan gaped. Joohee nodded her head rapidly. "That's great! That's fantastic! Can I come?!"

"Actually, I don't know if I can bring two people or not.." Joohee shuffled her feet.

"Why, who else is going?" 

"Joohee is coming too!" She exclaimed happily.

 

 

Luhan's POV:

What? Joohee is going to come too? Frankly I am happy for Nayeon and I'm very surprised she wants to visit her family again but why is Joohee going with her? They just met a few days ago. I've never seen Joohee before in my life. Well, maybe I've noticed her but she never stood out. Suddenly, she replaces me? 

Besides attempting to always shower love for Nayeon, I was always busy trying to convince her to reconnect with her parents. I want the best for her, always have and always will. 

It's almost been a year and I can't even go with her to the party? Instead, this girl she met less than a week ago is accompanying her. 

Now that I think about it, how did they even meet? She just appeared one day when we were having lunch!

"B-but you definitely have to come too. Maybe you should go instead of me." Joohee said. She's a strange one, truly. I can't pinpoint exactly how I feel about her. Sometimes I want her to leave me and Nayeon alone but other times, I want to get to know her better. 

"WHAT?!" Nayeon screamed. Whoa! Why is she getting all mad? "You HAVE HAVE HAVE to come! Everything will not go as planned unless you come! I'm only going so you can g- I mean, just please come with me so I can meet my parents again." 

I've never heard her talk to fast before. 

"But Luhan really deserves to go. You tell me all the time that he's so supportive and that you love him with all your heart." Joohee said to Nayeon. She said that? :) 

"But... but.." Nayeon looked back and forth from me to Joohee and bit her lip. I still don't understand why this is such a hard decision. I'm her boyfriend! I've known her for years! "Okay, both are coming. I don't care what my parents say, you both are really important to me." 

"Then I guess that's settled." I said. "Let's all go back to my apartment and change into something nice?" 

 

Should I wear a tie or a bow? Is this too formal? Maybe no jacket is better, I think white and a simple tie is enough. I tussled my hair a little in different direction but still making sure it looks neat. I walked out of the bathroom and into me & Nayeon's bedroom to see her standing there gorgeously in a very simple floral dress. I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Are you excited?" I said into her neck. 

"I'm really nervous honestly." She whispered. I planted two soft kisses on the back of her exposed neck and shoulder blade. 

"Uhm." I heard an awkward cough. Already knowing who it is, I sighed quietly and turned around. "Are you going to change Joohee?" She stood by the door, with her arms crossed still in her school uniform. 

I glanced at Nayeon, her head was tilted downwards as if she was in shame. Of what? She's my girlfriend. Why should Joohee make her feel ashamed? 

"Nope. I'm not changing." Joohee said firmly. I want to scoff at her so badly. Isn't it kind of rude to attend a friend's mother's party in your school uniform? 

"Are you sure? I think Nayeon can lend you something maybe more formal you can throw on."

"Please, I don't fit into her size 1." She rolled her eyes. "Can we get this over with?" 

"Excuse me?" Most of the times, I really can't stand Joohee's attitude. "If you don't want to go so badly, then you shouldn't."

"Fine! I won't go then!" She screamed at me and small trickled of tears fell down her angry face. Now I feel bad. Did I offend her or something? She shouldn't have said something so blunt then! 

Joohee gave me a cold glare and turned around, ready to run but Nayeon stopped her. "You have to come and that's final. My family is not going to care about what you are wearing. You just HAVE to attend, please." Her voice got softer and softer. I've never heard Nayeon sound so entreated before. 

"No. Clearly my presence is not wanted at all by someone." Joohee glanced at me again with the same glare.

"Luhan, apologize to her right now. Tell her she has to come." Nayeon demanded and placed her hands on her really nice curvy hips (sorry). 

I rolled my eyes inside my head. I'm only gna go it for my girlfriend's sake. If she wants Joohee to come along so badly, then I'll have to make her. "I'm sorry Joohee. Please come. Maybe Nayeon happy." 

"Whatever." She said rudely. But I knew that meant she's coming. 

 

We rang the doorbell to the small door on the 4rd floor of an apartment. I've never ever seen Nayeon's parents before, I'm excited. I need to make a good impression, maybe they'll become my in-laws. 

Kyuseok answered the door. His attire was similar to mine but his tie was purple and mine was blue. I've met him a few times before. I shook his hand. "Nice seeing you again Luhan."

"You too." I gave him a light smile and stepped aside so he could see his sister. 

"Nayeon-ah. You look really nice. I'll get mom to come see you. Come on in and sit down somewhere." He left the door wide open and disappeared into another room. 

The three of us walked in and surprisingly, the living room only had three people. That's us.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked. 

"Nayeon?" A soft womanly voice said. Nayeon's head turned quickly towards the room where the voice came from. A smile appeared on her face when she saw the woman. On the other hand, Joohee looked horrified. 

"Mom? Happy birthday!" Nayeon ran up to the small woman, holding onto Kyuseok's arm and hugged her tightly. My jaw fell to the ground. 1.) I'm surprised Nayeon's mom looks so delicate. She doesn't look like the kind of abusive parent. 2.) Did Nayeon just hug her mom?! 

I think everyone in the room looked just as surprised as I did. Another man walked out from behind with a cane. His hair was almost white. That's probably her dad. I decided to take the initiative and talk to him first. I walked up and held my hand out. "Hello sir, I'm Luhan, your beautiful daughter's boyfriend."

He looked me up and down and then shook my hand. Was he approving me just a second ago? Does he like me? :)

"Happy birthday to your wife too. I'm extremely sorry we were not able to bring a gift, it was kind of short notice. Kyuseok just told Nayeon yesterday."

"Yes I know." 

Ugh, did I say too much? I don't want to screw anything up. 

"Oh o-okay." I pulled my hand away and awkwardly stood there trying to keep the conversation going. "So, where is everyone else?"

"We invited more people but I guess they didn't come." He furrowed his eyebrows. Are we early then?

"Hello, sweetheart." I heard Nayeon's mom say to Joohee. She stood linked arms with Nayeon as they talked to the uncomfortable girl in her school uniform in front of them.

"This is my friend mom. You should really get to know her, she's great." 

"I'm Joohee, nice meeting you ma'am." She said emotionless. Why is she being so rude?! She didn't bow or shake her hand and it's the woman's birthday! 

"Nice having you here too."

"Hey, about we take out that cake now?" Kyuseok recommended. He walked into the small kitchen and opened the fridge. 

"I'll go help him with it." I bowed to Nayeon's father and left to go into the kitchen. "Here, I'll help you cut it." I said to Kyuseok. 

"No, it's fine. I got this." He said and didn't look up from the cake. "But Luhan-ssi, I have a question."

"Yes?" 

"Why is Nayeon... not being herself? I mean, she's happier but it seems so fake and unlike herself. You're the one that knows her best. What happened over 7 months? How well did you convince her to give us another try?" 

".. Frankly, I don't know either. She's changed since last week actually. I don't know what happened." 

"Mhm. I'm glad she's accepting mom again but I have a feeling it's not real. Sometime later on, she'll go back to ignoring us again." 

"Yeah, she will." Another voice said from behind me. It's Joohee again. How does she know that'll happen? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

HOLY CRAP, I , I know. I'm so so so so sorry for not updating. It was the longest I've ever not updated. I actually became Tumblr addicted :>. I'm yeol-oh.tumblr.com! Now I'm back on track, hopefully I'll update again soon.

Oh, but there's a hurricane that's about to come my way so I might have power outage and damage :/. Wish me luck that I don't die, lmao! 

 

Exo gif: 

tumblr_mcbuphPvfa1rplnhzo1_250.giftumblr_mcbuphPvfa1rplnhzo2_250.gif

tumblr_mcbuphPvfa1rplnhzo3_250.giftumblr_mcbuphPvfa1rplnhzo4_r1_250.gif

^^ tumblr credits (obviously, because that's where i live now)