#6.

The Fault In Our Stars.

 

“What movie do you guys want to watch?” Luhan said lightly as he clung onto Sehun’s arm. Sehun looked excitedly at them all and said “Paranormal Activity 3 just came out and it’s really good. Let’s watch that one!” Chanyeol paled. He wasn’t afraid of anything, except horror movies. Horror movies made him go absolutely weak in the knees and he always had nightmares for a few consecutive weeks after watching a horror movie. He glared at Sehun and said, “How about we watch… Madagascar 3 or something?”

Everyone kept quiet then suddenly burst out laughing. Luhan giggled and said, “Channie, what are you? 6 years old? C’mon, let’s watch Paranormal Activity 3!” They all went to buy the tickets and Chanyeol muttered to the HunHan couple, “I absolutely detest you guys.”

Sehun chuckled and said, “If you’re scared, just cling onto Baekhyun. He’ll protect you.”

After buying the tickets, they went inside the cinema. Luhan and Sehun immediately sat down together. Baekhyun sat down and Chanyeol immediately seized the opportunity and plopped down on the seat next to him. He was grinning widely, happy that he managed to sit next to Baekhyun, fear of horror movies notwithstanding.

That left just Kai and Kyungsoo; Kyungsoo glanced at Kai before tentatively sitting down. Kai sat down next to him; his face remained a blank slate. Kyungsoo looked at him and said, “Hi, my name is Kyungsoo.” Kai just glanced at him and muttered, “I’m Kai.”

Kai and Kyungsoo sat down next to each other, and Kai could practically feel the tension sizzling between them. It was red hot, and the amount of electricity between them made him feel faint. He determinedly looked the other way, trying to ignore Kyungsoo’s steady presence beside him.

 

He didn’t notice Kyungsoo staring at him.

 

****

 

Chanyeol squealed and clung onto Baekhyun’s arm.

 

He stared at the demon ransacking the house on the cinema screen and he could feel himself sweating. He was terrified. He absolutely hated horror movies. Baekhyun glanced at him worriedly and said, “Chanyeol, are you okay?” He immediately let go of Baekhyun’s arm and said coolly, “Of course. I was just admiring how advanced the filming techniques for Paranormal Activity 3 are. They… uh… use such high quality cameras! It’s so advanced.”

Sehun laughed, “Uh, Chanyeol, this entire movie is based on security camera footage. It’s the specialty of the movie.”

Chanyeol flushed bright red and Baekhyun held his arm lightly. “It’s okay, Chanyeol, I’m scared too.” He smiled up at Chanyeol and Chanyeol felt himself soaring on silver clouds.

Chanyeol sat through the entire movie, beaming widely at the cinema screen, not bothered by any of the horror parts, with Baekhyun clinging onto his arm.

Surprisingly, he didn't feel scared anymore. He felt... strangely complete.