#11.

The Fault In Our Stars.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

- John Green

 

*****

The first hints of snow were beginning to descend that day, marking the slow steady blossom of an already ice cold winter. The snow seemed to frame the sky perfectly, in a way that sunlight and rain never could. It marked a pure beginning for the day, as if it was erasing all traces from its past and moving on, opening a new chapter, whilst steadfastly ignoring the direct juxtaposition of the sunlight, marking the day with its bright sincere rays. Ignorance was rapidly abundant in the city, as the people bustled onto their respective destinations, without bothering to notice how beautiful the pure white snow looked when it fell down in beautiful spirals from the sky, or how it looked when it slowly settled on the ground, before being tarnished by the dirt and tainting the pure white colour it originally owned.

Park Chanyeol concluded that the human race were ignorant idiots, and he should never aspire to be like them.

 

He was in a melancholic mood, as he allowed the truculent truth to sink it's harsh, sharp, painful claws into him, slowly and mercilessly. Byun Baekhyun would never return his feelings. He was better off dying alone. He would probably live to be like an old maid, with five cats for company. He would never find happiness again. He knew he was condoning himself to the abject state that could ever exist, but his mood permitted him to do so. The rational part of his brain refused to come out, and the more dramatic, emotional part of his brain seemed to have taken complete control, repudiating his halfhearted attempts to cheer up.

He was slumped on a park bench, ignoring the harsh icy cold. Passerbys threw him curious glances, surprised to see a tall lanky boy with a wild mop of curly hair to be slumped on a park bench, despite the extremely cold weather. Park Chanyeol, however, was completely oblivious to everything, lost in a wild train of his own thoughts, refusing to be drawn out by any sense of rationality or sensibility. He wanted to drown himself in his own sorrows for at least one day, to fully sink in the turbulence of his inner mind, before he ventured into the outside world again.

 

*****

Byun Baekhyun raised his beautiful pale slender hand out the open window, admiring the way the snowflakes landed perfectly on his slim palm. His eyes were lit up in wonder at the pure unadulterated beauty, but his eyes had hints of sadness beneath them, identical to Park Chanyeol's. He closed his palm, crushing the delicate snowflake in it as he did so. He sat on his windowsill, and closed his eyes. Almost immediately, a handsome grinning face flashed inside his mind.

He groaned and smacked his own head rather harshly. He winced in pain, and led himself to question the objectional motives behind his abrupt motion. He closed his eyes for the second time. That face popped up again.

"Oh, dear God, why is this happening to me?" He groaned out loud and leaned against his window, the cold apparent on his skin. 

 

*****

Park Chanyeol didn't know what possessed him to walk out in his penguin print pajamas, in the middle of the night. He strongly suspected the hippocampus in his brain had been severely damaged, causing him to be unable to think properly anymore. He went to the park and sat down on the bench, staring at the serene night sky, allowing the turmoil in his mind to calm down, if only for a little while.

Just then, he heard a smack and a slight whimper. He raised his head and looked around. He didn't see anything. He turned back to look at the night sky, but at that moment, he heard a slight groan and some mumbling. He stood up and walked cautiously to the sound of the voice. He widened his eyes when he saw who the culprit was.

Byun Baekhyun was sitting down on the snowy floor, his eyes squeezed tightly closed. He was dressed in an adorable set of panda print pajamas, that seemed nearly identical to Chanyeol's penguin print pajamas. He was repeatedly hitting himself lightly in the head, and shaking his head fervently, as if he was trying to forget something. Chanyeol knew he should walk away, but he remained rooted to the spot, staring at the beautiful boy who had haunted his thoughts and stole his affection, who was currently right in front of him.

 

 

*****

Omg, I'm so grateful to everyone who wished me happy birthday. My birthday went well. :)  

Oooohhh... I wonder how the next chapter will be like. *winks*

Comment and tell me what you think. Hope you all had a good day! :3