#10.

The Fault In Our Stars.

You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lesson my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail.

- John Green

 

*****

Kyungsoo sat down, staring at his frothy strawberry milkshake. He had been staring at his milkshake for the past hour and had made no attempt to consume it, nor do anything else. Lay had left a while ago and he was all alone. It was a cold evening, the winter was clearly getting to him, as the icy chill wrapped around his bones, trying to suffocate him with the blinding cold and sink in a sense of helplessness with an alarming clarity. His entire body felt numb as he continued staring at that milkshake.

He felt the chair in front of him scrape slightly on the tiled floors as someone sat down. He didn't bother looking up, as his gaze intensified on that milkshake. Baekhyun's familiar voice floated into his ear "What are you doing, Kyungsoo?" He still didn't bother looking up, and mumbled "Isn't it obvious? I'm looking at this milkshake." Baekhyun crossed his arms and leaned against his chair. The two of them remained silent for a while.

"So," Kyungsoo finally looked up. "What's going on with you and Chanyeol?" 

Baekhyun's cheek were tinged slightly pink as he looked away. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

Kyungsoo scoffed "Are you kidding me, Byun Baekhyun? Are you going to ignore the fact that you obviously have feelings for that tall derpy giant?"

"HEY! He's not a derpy gia-" Baekhyun stopped and looked away again, steadily ignoring the red blush creeping on his pale cheeks. "What's the point? He doesn't even like me anyway." Kyungsoo wanted to smack his adorable best friend for being so painfully clueless. He sighed and Baekhyun fastened his smouldering gaze on Kyungsoo. "What about you?"

Kyungsoo was startled "What?"

"Don't lie. I've seen how you look at Kai when you think no one's looking. You're in love with him." Baekhyun declared proudly, an adorable smirk on his face. Kyungsoo paled rapidly and shook his head, gesturing frantically. "No! Are you insane? Why would I like Kai?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at him. "Why are you asking me? You're the one in love with him." Kyungsoo reddened and looked away, identical to what Baekhyun did moments ago.

His thoughts floated back to Kai. Kim Jongin. The gorgeous reclusive mysterious boy. One of the most popular guys in school. The same boy that bought him a steaming cup of hot coffee and blushed deeply when Kyungsoo asked if he could see him again. The same boy that stared at him today when he walked past with Lay next to him. The same boy that haunted his thoughts every waking second, from the moment he fastened his eyes on Kai in the school hallway for the very first time.

He'd be lying if he said that he had never felt a shred of attraction to that handsome exotic looking mysterious boy, who often had a smirk etched on his lips and dark smouldering eyes. He'd be lying if he said that the aforementioned boy didn't invade his thoughts all the time, demanding to make its presence known. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't been avoiding Kai since that night at the cinema, because he didn't want to confront his own feelings. He was silently hoping that these... absurd feelings he was currently having would be gone, if he kept on avoiding Kai.

 

But... he wasn't so certain now. He wasn't so certain of anything anymore. He was afraid. He was afraid that if he allowed himself to free fall into this unknown future, he would crash and burn. He didn't want to crash and burn. He was completely satisfied with his safe boring predictable life right now, and he didn't want anything to change.

But one look into Kai's mysterious eyes had caused him to doubt everything he thought he was absolutely certain about.

 

******

Park Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.

He was all that consisted in Baekhyun's thoughts. He didn't know when his liking for the tall slightly hyperactive handsome boy started, but once it did, he couldn't stop. He felt things for Chanyeol that he had never felt for Sulli, and it scared him deeply. 

It absolutely utterly terrified him.

 

 

*****

SO IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! :D

HAHA YAY! *sings happy birthday song to myself*

Lolol I'm forever alone. Had an hour long phone conversation with my best friend so I'm really hyped up now.

I'm going to make Kaisoo and Baekyeol's confession absolutely sweet, just wait. ;)

Haha well, I'll just hope that you'll like it. :p