#1.

The Fault In Our Stars.

Park Chanyeol had always been a slightly too twitchy, slight too hyperactive boy. He had always been known as “Crackyeol” because he acted like he was perpetually on crack. He had a tendency to grin scarily, his eyes would bulge out and his lips would curl up in a freaky angle, like he was on the verge of insanity. He would often grin at little kids on the street and they would burst into tears, running to their parents and screaming that there was a “big scary man”. Their parents would glare at Chanyeol and his friends would snicker at him while he pouted sadly, unable to understand why kids hated him.

Nevertheless, Park Chanyeol was very popular amongst his peers. He was also known as the “happy virus” because his happy demeanor would affect anyone, and they would be unable to stop smiling. He was tall and lean, perfectly muscled, and had a wild mop of tousled hair. He had bright mischievous eyes, clear flawless skin and an adorable button nose.

His best friend was Kim Jongin, often known as Kai.  Kai was an exotic looking boy who was also very popular. He was a very good dancer and he had a very y aura around him, causing many guys and girls alike to blush furiously, ducking their heads and mumbling their greetings around him, then scurry away, giggling helpless. Kai would just watch them, bored, while his beautiful tousled black hair would flick back slightly to cover half of his face, concealing his expression.

Park Chanyeol would often push Kai to go date cute girls, but Kai would just glance at him in askance and say, “I can’t stand annoying whiny girls.”  Chanyeol would just roll his eyes and say, “If you carry on like this, Kim Jongin, you’re going to be single forever.” He only used Kai’s real name when he was dead serious.

Chanyeol and Kai had two other friends, Sehun and Luhan. The two of them were the only openly gay couple on campus, they were disgustingly and sickeningly in love with each other, constantly whispering, giggling and secretly holding hands, when they thought the others couldn’t see them.


“Dude, get your hand off his thigh.” Kai said. They were at lunch and Sehun and Luhan couldn’t stop giggling. Chanyeol gazed at his two friends and saw Luhan quickly remove his hand from Sehun’s thigh, blushing furiously.

“Seriously, go get a room.” Kai added, slowly peeling his banana and eating it seductively, while gazing out onto the crowds in the cafeteria. He caught some girl’s gaze and he fastened his y smoldering stare at her while he slowly ate the banana. Chanyeol didn’t even need to turn around to know that that girl had fainted.

“Sorry.” Luhan mumbled, sneaking a glance at Sehun. Sehun giggled adorably, wrinkling his nose and pouting at Luhan. Chanyeol turned away and fought the urge to puke. Kai continued eating his banana. Chanyeol glanced at Kai and said, “You know, you should really consider dating someone.”

Kai replied shortly, “I’m not interested.”

“C’mon,” Chanyeol patted Kai’s back. “There must be someone you like. How about her?” He pointed at a pretty looking girl lining up to buy food. She was tall and thin. “She’s in my Chemistry class and she’s hot.” Kai barely glanced at her and said, “Not interested.”

Soon, Sehun, Luhan and Chanyeol were pointing out random people for Kai.


“Her?”

“No.”

“Her?”

“No.”

“Her?”

“No way.”

“Her?”

“Over my dead body.”

“Him?”

“No chance in hell.”

“Him?”

“No.”

“What about that guy? He looks cute.”

“No.”

 

Everyone they pointed out in the cafeteria seemed to be inadequate for Kim Jongin. Luhan finally burst out exasperatedly, “Oh I give up! Kai can die single for all I care!” He gasped girlishly when he realized his faux pas. “Omo, I’m so sorry, Kai! I didn’t mean that!” He widened his beautiful doe like eyes at Kai and he looked like he was on the verge of tears.

“I don’t care.”

Luhan giggled in relief and clung onto Sehun’s arm. Sehun patted Luhan’s head affectionately and said, “Well, we better get going. Class is starting soon.” He began to pull Luhan out and the two of them rushed out of the cafeteria.

It wasn’t until they were out when Chanyeol turned to Kai and said slowly “…. Class doesn’t start for another half an hour.”
Kai grinned impishly and said, “They’ve got things to do.”
Chanyeol smacked his forehead and groaned, “Not in the janitor’s closet again!”