DongGyu's side of the story 2/2

Give Your Heart A Break

Sunggyu wasn’t one who goes out too much but he never thought that being in such a large crowd of people would be this overwhelming. Young and old, tall and short, foreigner and locals, with dialect and without, the whole park was just packed with people although Sunggyu admits it’s quiet nice to see all these happy faces there’s also a paranoid side to him saying he’ll get lost or there’s something sinister under those happy smiles making him cling unto Dongwoo who is obviously happy with their locked hands.

“Dongwoo-hyung!” they heard and before they knew it a mop of brown hair crashed into the two of them into a hug almost knocking them over.

“Woah Sungjong!” laughed Dongwoo as he caught the younger.

“And Sunggyu-hyung too!” Sungjong cried in surprise as he recognized the other. “How’d you get him out of his house hyung?”

“Yah!” Sunggyu cried at the teasing dongsaeng. “I’m not some shut in you know.”

“You know I’m just kidding hyung,” Sungjong smiled. “But you really should go out more. Oh yeah, Hoya-hyung said he’d like to talk to you Dongwoo-hyung.”

“Oh?” Dongwoo said as he thought that the other must be nervous cause he’s performing. “I’ll go find him then, you keep Sunggyu company.”

“Don’t worry,” Sungjong laughed as he shooed the elder. “I’ll keep Mr. President safe.”

The two of them then looked at Dongwoo’s retreating figure with different feelings. Sunggyu found nothing weird with Dongwoo talking to one of his friends but Sungjong was worried, nervous and worried. Hoya was supposed to confess to Dongwoo today. The purple loving dance maniac has been crushing on Dongwoo for more than a year now but he knows Sunggyu is a big wall against him so when he found out that Dongwoo’s having trouble with the elder he saw it as his chance to confess. Sungjong fully supported his hyung but it never crossed his mind that Sunggyu, the huge wall against Hoya confessing to Dongwoo, would be here!!

“Gyu-hyung,” Sungjong started. “I don’t mean to be nosy but are you on a date with Dongwoo-hyung?”

“What??” Sunggyu spat out turning red as he was caught completely off guard. “We are not on a date Jongie! We’re just going ou- I mean having fun as friends you know, as friends outside having fun and all.”

“Chill hyung,” Sungjong laughed at the other’s stammering. “Sounds like you’re convincing yourself more with what you’re saying.”

“Sorry,” Sunggyu muttered as he was embarrassed with his stuttering and the fact that he was trying to convince himself that this is not a date, he was so sure this morning but now he doesn’t know. “So Sungjong, why are you here?”

“I’m here to support Hoya-hyung,” Sungjong smiled.

“Hoya…” Sunggyu mused thinking where he has heard that name before. “Dancing Hoya?”

“Yup,” Sungjong laughed. “Dancing Hoya.”

“Dongwoo has mentioned him quiet a few times as being his favorite dongsaeng,” Sunggyu said.

“Yah!” Sungjong pouted. “I’m Dongwoo-hyung’s favorite dongsaeng! I’m everyone’s favorite dongsaeng!”

“Okay okay,” laughed Sunggyu as he ruffled the other’s hair.

“Stop that hyung,” whined the younger. “You know I hate getting my hair messed up.”

“Aish,” Sunggyu sighed. “You vain dongsaeng.”

“Whatever hyung,” Sungjong said as he stuck his tongue out when suddenly Dongwoo came back while slinging his arms around the two Sungs making Sungjong protest at how heavy the other is while Sunggyu remained silent turning slight red at their close proximity but managed to keep his blush down.

“Missed me?” Dongwoo smiled.

“Not really,” Sungjong joked but then became serious. “So.. uh… what did Hoya-hyung say?”

“We couldn’t talk much really cause his team is going to perform next and their busy with last minute preparations,” Dongwoo shrugged as his arm around Sungjong fell limp at his side but the one around Sunggyu stayed in place. “He said he’ll tell me after their performance.”

“Look!” Sungjong suddenly cried with glee. “They’re up now!”

True enough it was now Hoya’s team’s turn to perform. Sungjong and Dongwoo were the two who were cheering the loudest while Sunggyu just smiled at the two of them shouting occasionally cause the music and the dance just made you do that. He instantly recognized Hoya because according to Dongwoo the boy was obsessed with purple and the dancer wearing purple from head to toe did stick out not to mention he was the greatest dancer out of all of them.

The boy’s movements were accurate and sharp but fluid at the same time. He could see why Hoya and Dongwoo were close despite only meeting during dance class, they both shared a great passion for dancing and he bets that this Hoya kid works just as hard as Dongwoo. Sunggyu was getting pretty amazed by their choreography and synchronization and when it was over he wanted to watch more.

“They were incredible,” Sunggyu said filled with excitement.

“Aren’t they,” Dongwoo smiled glad that Sunggyu liked watching hip hop dance performances. “Come on, let’s go greet them and I want you to meet Hoya.”

The three of them then proceeded back stage where they were instantly allowed since Dongwoo knew the staff and half of the performers they saw an all purple dressed boy smiling and waving at them and Sungjong instantly rushed to congratulate his hyung but Sunggyu suddenly felt nervous and shy which Dongwoo instantly realized.

“He won’t bite,” Dongwoo smiled as he held hands with the other making Sunggyu blush a little as they walked towards Hoya’s dance crew. “Hoya! I’d like you to meet someone!”

Sunggyu smiled at Hoya but it faltered a little when he saw that the other didn’t react at once and there was something in his eyes that Sunggyu can’t tell what but he knows that the other isn’t at all happy seeing him making him quiet scared of the younger teen. He was about to turn back and excuse himself from this awkward position but a little nudge from Sungjong made Hoya’s expression change into a small smile and talk.

“Uh… sorry…” Hoya said with a shaking voice. “It’s dark and uh… I can’t see without glasses so… I’m Hoya.”

“Sunggyu,” the elder smiled glad that the other was actually nice.

“You’re in the music club with Jongie and Dongwoo right?” Hoya asked voice a little raspy. “The president?”

“Yeah,” Sunggyu admitted a bit sheepishly as he can feel himself being examined by Hoya. “But Dongwoo and Sungjong help me out a lot.”

“Such a humble president,” Dongwoo joked as he slung an arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder making Hoya clench his fist tight.

Sunggyu smiled at Dongwoo who instantly smiled back giving off such a lovely couple feeling if only the person who talked next didn’t come.

“Sunggyu?” a new snarky voice suddenly said from behind them and Dongwoo could feel the elder stiffen at the voice. “Is that you?”

Dongwoo could hear Sunggyu’s breathing hasten as Hoya glared at the new comer and as he turned around a tall male with an arrogant smirk stood behind them as if belittling them. He was obviously from a rival dance group from the way Hoya stares angrily at him with a burning passion but he couldn’t see why Sunggyu is stiff like a stick.

“Joonhee,” Hoya said under gritted teeth and the other’s smirk just grew more.

“So you’re hanging out with these kinds of people now?” Joonhee said eyes on Sunggyu which then trailed to Dongwoo who was holding the other protectively. “And I see you’ve got a new toy, is this one better in bed than me?”

“Yah!” Sungjong yelled obviously angry. “You better shut up you ing bastard-”

Bam. Dongwoo’s fist collided with Joonhee’s arrogant face before Sungjong could even finish his sentence. Joonhee was about to retaliate with his own fist if not for Hoya who stopped his actions.

“You better not lay a hand on Dongwoo-hyung you bastard,” Hoya said as he held tightly on Joonhee’s arm almost crushing it.

“Of course,” Joonhee snarled as he glared at the other. “Trash like you will protect trash like him.”

“You better shut the up you piece of ,” Sungjong threatened. “Or I swear I’ll break your legs to make sure you can never dance again.”

“So now you’ve even got little kids protecting you Sunggyu,” Joonhee laughed. “You’re pathetic as always.”

“That’s it! I’m gonna break your ing face,” Dongwoo cried and was about to do just that if only he wasn’t stopped by a shaking Sunggyu.

“No,” Sunggyu said softly. “Don’t.”

“What?!” Dongwoo cried obviously astonished that the other was stopping him. “This douche just insulted you Gyu!”

“I know,” Sunggyu said as he gripped on Dongwoo tighter. “He insulted me not you.”

And before any of them could say anything another punch was landed on Joonhee’s face this time given by Sunggyu shocking all of them especially Joonhee, before they could react though Sunggyu pulled Dongwoo away from the scene they caused and into the night air passing the staff member who came to inspect the scene.

“Sungyeol-hyung,” Sungjong cried as he recognized the staff member. “Joonhee was causing a scene and we only acted in self defense.”

“That’s it Lee Joonhee,” Sungyeol scolded the punched male. “This is the third time you’ve caused a fight I’m afraid I have to ban you from this competition.”

Joonhee could only be pulled away by security guards as his head spun all around since Sunggyu’s punch was definitely harder than Dongwoo’s. When the douchebag was gone Sungjong looked worriedly at Hoya who just looked at the trail that Sunggyu and Dongwoo took to get away from the mess.

“Are you sure this is okay hyung?” Sungjong asked and although Hoya remained silent SUngjong got the other’s answer loud and clear as he placed a comforting hand over his shoulder knowing that his hyung just let Dongwoo go.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dongwoo and Sunggyu was far away from the stage now as they walked aimlessly through the park, the night was cold with the wind blowing around them and only their hands felt warm as they were still interlocked with each other. The silence around them wasn’t awkward for it dearly needed for the two of them to get their emotions straight after what happened.

“Sorry,” Sunggyu suddenly said as he rubbed his thumb against Dongwoo’s bruised knuckles. “You got bruised because of me.”

“That bastard deserved it,” Dongwoo said as he squeezed the elder’s hands to assure him that he’s okay as they sat down on a bench specifically the bench where they met earlier.

“But he’s right,” Sunggyu sighed as he looked up at the sky and rubbed Dongwoo’s hand. “I was pathetic.”

“No you’re not-”

“I pathetically followed him throughout our high school thinking he likes me back,” Sunggyu explained. “I did his home work, made him lunch, paid for his school things and so on. I was completely pathetically in love with him.”

This was the first time Dongwoo was hearing this and truthfully it was making him hate that Joonhee guy even more. Not just because he made his precious Sunggyu feel pathetic of himself and do all those things but also because Joonhee’s the guy that made Sunggyu deliberately avoid and ignore love!

“That guy was completely pathetic for making you do all those things, tricking you, playing with you and,” Dongwoo said but paused as he realized he is going to put his heart on the line with the next things he’s gonna say. “And not loving you.”

Sunggyu went silent as he stared at the other and Dongwoo took it as a cue to continue.

“He’s a pathetic idiot for not loving you hyung,” Dongwoo said. “He should have made you smile whenever he sees you, hold your hand when you’re together, kiss your lips whenever he has the chance. That’s why I hate him, he had the chance to make you happy but he didn’t, if I was in his place…”

Dongwoo bit his lips as he wondered why was he stopping now? He has imagined this scenario thousands of times, him professing his love for Sunggyu while the elder listens as always and he doesn’t care if he gets rejected all that matters is that he got his feelings through, but he never thought how unnerving and heartbreaking it would be if Sunggyu stayed quiet with his face unreadable.

“I must sound stupid right now meddling with your affairs,” Dongwoo said as he hung his head low avoiding the other’s gaze. “Let’s just forget about this whole thing.”

A moment of silence and Dongwoo’s heart almost shattered if Sunggyu hadn’t stopped it with his question.

“If you were in his place…” Sunggyu started. “What?”

“I’ll make you happy forever even if we don’t last that long,” Dongwoo started as he looked straight into the other’s hopeful eyes. “I’ll show the world that you’re mine the with pride and I’ll show you all the love and care I can muster hyung.”

“Why?”

“Because I love you,” Dongwoo finally said. “You don’t have to answer hyung, I just want you to know.”

“I,” Sunggyu started and Dongwoo was fully ready for rejection. “I’m scared.”

“Why?” Dongwoo said a little astonished as he didn’t expect this answer.

“Joonhee… he.. I…” Sunggyu started. “At the start he said he would make me happy and I trusted him.”

“Sunggyu,” Dongwoo said firmly as he held the other’s chin gently to make him look at him. “You can do anything you want with me but please never compare me to that bastard. I won’t make you cry Sunggyu, I love you too much to do that.”

“I’m not sure if I love you,” Sunggyu started. “But I feel happy with you and my heart tells me to trust you.”

“So does this mean you’re giving me a chance?” Dongwoo smiled ever so brightly.

Sunggyu was still scared to try but Dongwoo’s bright smile made him smile too as always and honestly he just never wants to be the reason why that smile will be gone from the younger’s face.

“Can I…” Sunggyu blushed. “Can I try something?”

Dongwoo nodded happily but then grew suspicious when the other asked him to close his eyes.

“You won’t run away now right?” Dongwoo asked.

“Just close your eyes,” Sunggyu repeated as the other followed.

For a moment nothing happened and Dongwoo thought that maybe Sunggyu did run away but before he could open his eyes he felt something soft and plump atop his lips but it went as fast as it came making him think if he really did feel something. He opened his eyes once he deemed it right Sunggyu was still standing in front of him with his back facing him but Dongwoo could see the tip of his ears go red and decide to just smile and not say anything.

“Let’s go back hyung,” Dongwoo smiled as he felt how perfect their hands fit together. “Sungjong might be worried sick.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

[Epilogue? Preview for next shot? IDK =P]

“Hyungs!!” Dongwoo and Sunggyu instantly heard when they came back the stage seeing that there are few people now and more keep on going home. “We were so worried about you! That ing Joonhee has been taken care of and Hoya’s team won!”

“Aish Sungjong,” Sunggyu sighed. “Watch your language.”

“That piece of deserver every ing curse I give,” Sungjong countered only to be hit on the head by Hoya.

“Language Sungjongie,” Hoya warned making the other pout adorably hiding the fact that he curses like a sailor.

“Hoaegi!” Dongwoo suddenly rushed to him then hugged him. “Congratulations on your win!”

“Thanks hyung,” Hoya said a bit red but not from embarrassment.

“Congrats Hoya-sshi,” Sunggyu smiled making Hoya smile back but it wavered as Dongwoo let his hug on him go.

“Don’t need to add sshi Gyu,” Dongwoo smiled at him. “He’ll feel old like that.”

“I do not feel old like that,” Hoya countered.

“Sure~” Dongwoo teased as he wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist and resting his chin on the other’s shoulder making Sungjong gasp in shock as Hoya looked hurt.

“WHEN?!?!?” Sungjong cried.

“It all started when Sunggyu confessed to me,” Dongwoo smiled only to be smacked by Sunggyu on the head.

“Excuse me Jang Dongwoo,” Sunggyu said. “As far as I remember it was you who confessed and…”

“So we’re just getting there,” Dongwoo shrugged. “And when we do get there I promise you it will be Sunggyu who confesses.”

“That’s the most least likely scenario,” Sunggyu sighed.

“So how did you happen?” Sungjong asked eagerly like a happy little puppy.

“Come here and I’ll tell the whole truth of how it happened to you,” Dongwoo smiled as he took Sungjong away from Sunggyu’s earshot.

“Aish,” Sunggyu sighed but knows he can’t do anything cause that’s how Dongwoo is.

“So,” Hoya suddenly said from his long silence startling Sunggyu a bit.

“You and Dongwoo-hyung are…” Hoya couldn’t finish his sentence but the elder figured whathe was gonna say.

“Yeah,” Sunggyu smiled. “You really can’t reject someone like Dongwoo and I guess I’ve always liked him I just never admitted it.”

“I see,” Hoya replied, at least he knows it’s not one sided to his hyung for he hates to know that Dongwoo is the only one loving and in the hurt will hurt himself – just like what happened to him. “Neh Sunggyu-hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“I know we’re not close and all,” Hoya started unsurely. “But can you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” Sunggyu smiled.

“Can you,” give Dongwoo to me “take care of Dongwoo for me?”

“Of course I’ll take care of the ever clumsy Dongwoo,” Sunggyu chuckled. “But aren’t you gonna take care of him too? You are his favorite dongsaeng and keeping that dinosaur in line is too much for one person.”

“I might be busy so I might not get to see him that often,” Hoya said but thought ‘to avoid getting more hurt.’

“Oh,” Sunggyu replied. “Okay.”

“And promise me,” Hoya started. “Promise me you’ll never hurt him, please?”

“I promise,” Sunggyu smiled at the caring dongsaeng. “I never planned to in the first place.”

“Thank you.” I’ll leave him to you.

 


 

this was not proofread or betad =P then again what fic of mine is? LOL

the bastard's name is Joonhee because that name has been haunting me all day >__< cause it's Hoaegi's character in Reply1997 who is freaking gay o__O I am so proud of Hoya for taking such a mature role ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ Hoya-oppa FIGHTING!!

I knew he was hiding something about himself but I never thought it would be the fact that he is gay and is crushing on Yunjae [Seo Inguk] and then I saw this:

  

Junhee must be so torn there ;A; [I swear the amount of fanfics and mangas I read are finally getting to me XD]

I was liking him and Siwon [Eunji] though... they were so cute together ^^ but now that I look back at the gifs I saw their interaction looked like totally friends instead of anything romantic =P

 

the next one is my ever precious WooYa =D I hope you guys will start to ship them cause there is a mass shortage of WooYa shippers!!