WooYa's side of the story 5/6

Give Your Heart A Break

 

A week passed with Woohyun and Hoya spending time together more than they should. The two of them would often meet somewhere even if they didn’t have dance class to teach that day, the reason? Nothing honestly the two of them just really like being with each other to the point that they instinctively call each other out when they’re going somewhere. The two of them were together so much that right now Woohyun is talking casually with Sunggyu and Dongwoo when he and Hoya ran into the couple who was having a date at Lemon Drop Café, which Woohyun has now become a regular customer, and the bartender/dancer immediately clicked with the two of them because of his friendly personality and surprisingly amazing singing voice.

“Looks like Sunggyu-hyung has a rival now,” Sungjong teased when he heard Woohyun sing.

“You really are a great singer Woohyun,” Sunggyu praised.

“Thanks,” Woohyun said a bit embarrassed. “I just practice in the shower though.”

“I still like your voice better Gyu,” Dongwoo said with a smile.

“Thanks Dongwoo,” Sunggyu replied with his own smile.

“I like hearing Woohyun’s voice more though,” Hoya said as if it was the most natural thing to say because it was true, he really did like hearing Woohyun’s voice.

“Aww~ Howonnie likes to hear my voice?” Woohyun said teasingly but obviously happy. “I should record it for you to be your lullaby when you sleep.”

“You better not or else my dreams will be filled with your face,” Hoya said with a nervous laugh remembering how his dreams for the past week have already been invaded by Woohyun.

“Then its fine since you’re already in my dreams Hoya,” Woohyun replied with a cheesy smile.

“You and your greasy cheeziness will kill me one day,” Hoya said as he massaged his temple to prevent others from seeing him blush, when that didn’t work and he can still feel the blood rushing to his head he excused himself from the table to go to the bathroom. Once gone Sungjong immediately took the vacant seat he left beside Woohyun to interrogate the elder.

“So when are you gonna ask Hoya-hyung out?” Sungjong suddenly asked catching Woohyun off guard.

“Yeah Woohyun-ah,” Dongwoo added. “I just met you and I can tell that you really like Hoaegi.”

“You’re right I really do like him and I would love to ask him out,” Woohyun admitted since he can't deny it anyways. “But me and Hoya already have a nice relationship so I don’t want to ruin it by asking him out when he doesn’t like me that way.”

“Doesn’t like you that way?” Sungjong asked in a surprised tone. “You’re kidding right? Hoya-hyung really likes you Woohyun-hyung, REALLY likes you.”

“How can you say?” Woohyun asked honestly surprised that Hoya might actually like him.

“He calls you to hang out every day,” Sungjong deadpanned. “And he lets you call him Howon, if that doesn’t mean he likes then I don’t know what is!”

“Only very few people have the privilege to call him Howon,” Dongwoo said backing up Sungjong.

“And you two will make a really great couple,” Sunggyu smiled encouragingly.

“You really think he likes me?” Woohyun asked with a big smile at the thought.

“Look hyung,” Sungjong started in a whisper so only Woohyun could hear him. “Hoya-hyung is a bit… slow when it comes to these things. If I didn’t directly ask him if he likes…” Sungjong then made a quick eye glance at Dongwoo, hoping that the couple in front of them wouldn’t notice, and Woohyun nodded in understanding. “If I didn’t ask then I think hyung would still shrug it off as admiration or some new level of friendship until now.”

“What do you suggest I should do?” Woohyun asked.

“I honestly don’t know since I’ve never been in a relationship,” Sungjong said as he sat upright, not whispering anymore. “But when it comes to Hoya-hyung the direct way is the best.”

Sungjong then got up from his seat when he saw Hoya emerging from the bathroom and coming back to sit beside Woohyun again.

“What were you two talking about?” Hoya asked a bit afraid that Sungjong shared some embarrassing story about him while he was gone.

“How I could win your heart,” Woohyun answered honestly with a smile.

“That’s funny to hear,” Hoya said with a nervous laugh.

“Told you he’s an idiot,” Sungjong mouthed towards Woohyun who only laughed at the younger as his mind thought of ways of just how could he express his feelings for Hoya in the most obvious way possible.

“Well then,” Sunggyu suddenly started catching the other’s attention. “Me and Dongwoo better get going before the music stores close.”

“Oh yeah,” Dongwoo said standing up. “We still need to find the sheet music the principal wants for the play.”

"It's really nice meeting you Woohyun," Sunggyu said with a slight bow as he got up from his seat.

"I hope to see you more often in our little group Woohyun," Dongwoo said in a suggestive tone and sly grin before he and Sunggyu went out of the cafe to do whatever they need to do.

"I better get back to work before Yesung-hyung makes me clean Ttangkomma's tank," Sungjong said as he stuck his tongue out before going to a newly seated couple to attend to their orders.

"So what do we do now Woohyun?" Hoya asked.

"Anything as long as I'm with you," Woohyun said with a smile.

"Even if it's doing errands with me?" Hoya asked jokingly for he thought the other was joking to.

"I told you," Woohyun started as he stared right at Hoya to let him know he's serious. "As long as I'm with you then anything is fine."

“S-sure,” Hoya replied shakily cause damn it Nam Woohyun! Hoya’s heart will implode if you keep saying things like that. “Then maybe you can accompany me while I run some errands?”

“I’d love too,” Woohyun smiled. “It’ll be just like a little date.”

“Haha,” Hoya laughed shakily. “Yeah.. like a date… Jongie! Me and Woohyun will be going now!”

“Okay!” Sungjong called back from the counter as he got some person’s order. “Don’t forget to do the grocery hyung!”

“See you later at the flat,” Hoya called as a goodbye before he and Woohyun went out of the café. “First stop is the flower shop near our apartment complex.”

“What do you need flowers for?” Woohyun asked curiously.

“It’s not for me,” Hoya answered.

“O-oh,” Woohyun said afraid of the thought that Hoya is gonna buy flowers for someone special. “Who’s it for?”

“Our land lady ordered them for her daughter,” Hoya answered. “I think her daughter just got engaged or something big like that.”

“Oh,” Woohyun said more steadily this time as relief washed over him.

“And here’s the shop,” Hoya announced as he stopped in front of a white and blue building surrounded by so many flowers that it looks more like a gazebo in the middle of a garden than a shop.

“Hello sir may I help you?” a woman in her 30’s greeted them when they got in.

“Yes,” Hoya replied with his own smile. “I’m here to pick up Moon Yerim’s order.”

“Ah,” the woman nodded in understanding. “The bouquet of white carnations, it’s at the back, let me wrap it up for you and you may present the receipt at the counter.”

“Thanks,” Hoya said as the lady went into the back room. “I’m gonna go to the counter, you gonna look around for a bit?”

“Sure,” Woohyun said as he was already looking around. “I’ll wait by the entrance.”

When Hoya left to show his receipt at the counter Woohyun started to wander around the shop truly amazed by the wide variety of flowers this shop has.

“We grow them ourselves,” a gentle voice said behind Woohyun shocking him a bit as he spun around to see a chubby old man with smiling eyes and half moon spectacles. “Aren’t they beautiful?”

“They really are sir,” Woohyun agreed honestly.

“Here to buy a gift for your girl friend?” the old man asked naturally.

“No sir I’m purely single,” Woohyun said with a laugh. “Though I’m hoping soon I won’t be.”

“So you already have someone in mind,” the old man smiled as he walked pass Woohyun. “Maybe flowers can help you say how you feel.”

“What flowers?” Woohyun asked not knowing how flowers can help him.

“You could give this person a bunch of flowers if you want to show them you love them,” the old man started as he looked at a row of flowers and then suddenly stopping to pick one in particular. “Like a beautiful red rose.”

“I don’t know sir,” Woohyun said unsurely. “If I’m gonna give him a flower I don’t want it to be a common red rose.”

“Do you even know why a red rose is common for people to give the people they love?” the old man asked as he presented the fully bloomed rose in front of Woohyun.

“I honestly don’t know,” Woohyun admitted. “Isn’t it cause they’re pretty?”

“Yes they are pretty,” the old man said as he handed Woohyun the red rose. “But they also mean ‘I Love You’ & ‘Be Mine’.”

“Really?” Woohyun said a bit shock that the rose meant that.

“The language of flowers is a beautiful thing my boy,” the old man chuckled. “You should learn it sometime, and as an encouragement for your love I’ll give you that rose, on the house.”

“Thank you sir,” Woohyun smiled.

“And I think there’s your special someone right now by the door,” the old man smiled pointing at Hoya who was holding a big bouquet of white carnations.

“Woohyun-ah!” Hoya suddenly called from the door. “Are you ready to go?”

“Thank you so much again sir,” Woohyun said with a slight bow before going over to Hoya.

“Where’d you get the rose?” Hoya asked as they stepped out of the shop.

“I got it for you,” Woohyun said with a grin as he handed Hoya the flower.

“For me?” Hoya said a bit shocked. “Shouldn’t you give it to a girl or something?”

“I want to give it to you though,” Woohyun smiled.

“Thanks,” Hoya said with a smile as he took the flower and hoped his face wasn’t as red as he felt his heart beat faster. “I’ll put it in a vase at our flat while I give this flowers to Mrs. Kim. Then you can help me with the grocery shopping later.”

“I could cook for you too if you want,” Woohyun offered as they neared Hoya’s apartment complex.

“That’ll be great!” Hoya said with glee at the thought of Woohyun’s wonderful cooking. “It won’t be a bother thought, right?”

“Anything involving you won’t be a bother Howonnie,” Woohyun smiled.

“I… I’m gonna go up and give this to Mrs. Kim,” Hoya said as he turned around to hide his embarrassed face. “You stay here, I’ll be back soon.”

“I’ll be here,” Woohyun said finding it cute for Hoya to be embarrassed.

“And thanks for the rose again,” Hoya said as he entered the elevator.

Woohyun just smiled in return hoping that by the end of this day he can directly say to Hoya what that flower meant.

 


 

 

a question to WooYa shippers:

in your WooYa mind who is the seme[top]? cause honestly can't decide who's the seme between the two of them >.<