MyungJong's side of the story 5/5

Give Your Heart A Break

 

The day of the Final Exams on Physics...

"And he makes it out!" Daehyun said loudly as he raises his hands high before slapping them down on Sungjong's shoulder who was the last one out of the classroom. "This is the first time I've seen you actually use the whole hour for the test, I bet you perfected it."

"I hope," Sungjong said obviously nervous. "I really need to get at least 85% on this test or else my whole future will be ruined!"

"Your life doesn't depend on one Physics test you know," Daehyun comforted.

"My love life does," Sungjong muttered.

"You're still at that 'if I get at least 85% on this exam I'll tell Myungsoo-hyung how I feel' plan?" Daehyun said trying to imitate Sungjong's voice.

"I told you to never imitate my voice," Sungjong said with a laugh as he lightly punched his friend's arm. "You sound like a dying rat, but yes, that plan is a go."

"Jongie, Jongie, Jongie," Daehyun repeated as he shook his head. "I told you that you should forget that plan right? And just go with your gut feeling, if you like him then shout it out to the world!"

"I'm never gonna leave my house if I do that and he rejects me you know," Sungjong stated.

"I'm pretty sure he won't," Daehyun smiled encouragingly. "Stop being so negative and nervous."

"I can't help but be nervous," Sungjong stated a bit frustrated with himself. "Myungsoo's the first person I've liked and I don't know how to tell him which is why I'm using the same way you and Youngjae got together cause you two turned out fine."

"Just cause I also based my confession on the score I got doesn't mean you have to too Jongie," Daehyun disagreed.

"But I don't know what to do, I feel like I should have a sign for confessing or something," Sungjong said. "Is liking someone really this hard and confusing?"

"I'm afraid it is," Daehyun admitted as he patted his friend's back comfortably. "And your phone's vibrating."

"Oh? I didn't feel it..." Sungjong muttered as he took out his phone from his pocket and read the message, and reading the text instanly made a smile on Sungjong's face.

"Whose it from??" Daehyun asked getting extra curios when he saw Sungjong smile, he then placed his face cheek to cheek with his friend to read the text. "Let me see~"

From: Myungsoo-hyung

To: Sungjongie

Good luck on your Physics exam!! Sungjong fighting!! ^^

"Yiieee~" Daehyun teased as he lightly poked Sungjong's sides as the other replied a 'Thanks hyung ^^' "Look at how big you're smiling."

"Stop it Dae," Sungjong said but he was still smiling and then his phone vibrated again.

From: Myungsoo-hyung

To: Sungjongie

You don't look anything like Sujin by the way, you're prettier~

"Did you say anything!!??" Sungjong accused Daehyun at once, how did Myungsoo know that that Su person has been on his mind??

"I swear I didn't!" Daehyun denied at once praying for his life, god only knows how many ways Sungjong knows how to torture someone with all the horror movies he watches. "The last time I even saw him was when he worked at the cafe! I swear I didn't say anything about his ex!"

"Then how did he know about this??" Sungjong said totally confused he was pretty sure he didn't say anything and Daehyun wouldn't say anything either if he still wants that pretty face of his to stay pretty.

"Maybe this is just a spur of the moment for him," Daehyun said trying to calm his friend down. "Maybe this is the sign that you needed, the sign that says that Myungsoo likes you too and that you have nothing to worry about confessing to him."

"You think so?"

" I know so," Daehyun smiled. "And I also know that you should send a reply to that text, then let's go to the cafeteria cause taking tests makes me hungry."

"You're alway hungry," Sungjong said with a laugh as he began replying to his hyung.

To: Myungsoo-hyung

Of course I am ;)

 

Lunch went on normally but a bit more peaceful because most of the students were still cram studying for their final exams on the afternoon...

"I'm so glad we don't have afternoon exams," Sungjong commented as he took a bite from his pizza.

"Yup," Daehyun agreed happily. "Less students mean more food for us."

"Sometimes I'm afraid that you'll die of choking from all the food you stuff in your mouth," Sungjong said.

"Meh," Daehyun said as he started on his third slice of pizza. "At least I die happy."

"I thought dying in Youngjae's arms is how to die happy?" Sungjong asked.

"That's how to die happy number 1," Daehyun explained. "Dying with food is how to die happy plan 2."

"Can't believe you plan your death," Sungjong stated as Daehyun shrugged ready to eat his fries if not for his boyfriend's hands who got there first.

"Youngjae why?" Daehyun whined with a small pout.

"Why what?" Youngjae challenged his boyfriend with a raise of an eyebrow.

"Why don't you get more of my fries?" Daehyun reluctantly said with a shaky smile as Youngjae did get more of his food.

"You will forever amaze me Youngjae," Sungjong laughed as he saw Daehyun actually give his food to someone else.

"You're more amazing hyung," Youngjae smiled. "At the last exam you were at the last page of the list of people who passed the Physics exams and now you're in the top 20-"

"Did they post it already???" Sungjong asked, cutting Youngjae off.

"They just posted it next to the dean's office and-"

"Thanks Youngjae!" Sungjong said as he got up from his seat and rushed to the dean's office, not waiting for the younger to finish his sentence.

"What just happened?" Youngjae asked a bit shocked at Sungjong's eagerness, usually the other would ask Daehyun to look at his Physics grade cause he's not really looking forward to them.

"Remember how I took my Math grade as a sign to confess to you?" Daehyun asked and Youngjae nodded albeit a bit red from the memory. "Sungjong's doing the same thing except his basis is his Physics grade and he'll confess to Myungsoo-hyung."

"Oh," Youngjae said in understanding before smiling. "I bet they'll make a really cute couple."

"They really will," Daehyun said smiling at his boy friend. "No one can be cuter than us though."

"Yup," Youngjae laughed as he kissed Daehyun on the cheek. "No one can beat us."

He then fed Daehyun the last of the fires but not even chewing can get rid of the smile on his boyfriend's face, not that Youngjae would have it any other way.

 

Sungjong hurriedly went to the dean's office and sure enough he saw the exam results plastered on the wall he took a deep breathe in and out before he started searching his name and grade.

Youngjae said he was in the top 20, which he still can't believe but he hopes it's true, so he started to search from number 20 up.

20. Son Dongwoon - 90

19. Kim Jongwoon - 90

18. Cha Sunwoo - 90

17. Kim Jongdae - 91

16. Do Kyungsoo - 91

15. Choi Sooyoung - 91

14. Kang Jihyun - 91

13. Lee Sungjong - 92

"Holy ..." Sungjong muttered as he reread his name and grade over and over again. The highest he got in Physics was a 79 but now... wow... the things you can do when you're inspired. "ing !!"

Sungjong then hurried to the cafeteria with a huge smile as he crashed in between his two friends who were still being lovey dovey there.

"I got a 92!!" Sungjong told Daehyun and Youngjae, more like he announced it to the cafeteria to be honest. "I got a ing 92!!"

"That's awesome Jongie," Daehyun congratulated his friend as he slung an arm around his neck. "Now you can be a hundred percent sure in confessing to Myungsoo later and then you two can be as happy as me and Youngjae."

"Yeah..." Sungjong said a bit unsurely looking down to his feet.

"Stop looking so glum about it Jongie-hyung," Youngjae cheered while pinching the elder's cheek. "Myungsoo-hyung surely likes you back, the two of you will be really happy and you'll look really cute together so you have nothing to worry about."

"Thanks Jae," Sungjong smiled. "I could kiss you out of gratitude if Daehyun isn't here and I don't like Myungsoo-hyung."

"That's right," Daehyun said as he went to his boyfriend's side and hugged him possessively by the waist. "So save your kisses for Myungsoo later."

 

Sungjong then got through the rest of the afternoon without feeling nervous abot later's confession, he even started to imagine how sweet it would be to have a boyfriend, but of course if it was your first confession of love the nervousness will comeback when the time is near so it's no surprise Sungjong's thinking of retreating now that he's in front of Myungsoo's university.

"Ok Sungjong, relax," Sungjong said to himself as he waited outside the gates. "You've seen people confessing and it seems so easy so there is no need to be nervous. You can do this."

A few minutes more passed and Sungjong couldn't handle his nerves anymore.

"I can not do this!" Sungjong exclaimed all ready to backout if it weren't for Myungsoo's faraway figure seeing him and excitedly rushing up to him. "And now I can't backout."

"Sungjongie!!" Myungsoo called happily as he broke into a jog to Sungjong. "Why are you here?"

"I... uh... I wanted to tell you that I passed my Physics exam," Sungjong smiled.

"That's great!" Myungsoo said happily as he hugged the slender boy who reddened from the action.

"I got a 92," Sungjong said proudly but a bit shakily.

"And you were just aiming for a 85," Myungsoo said with a huge smile as he let go of Sungjong. "Aren't you so smart."

"Well," Sungjong started. "I do have the best teacher ever."

"And you are my star pupil," Myungsoo said like a proud father. "So did you come all the way here to tell me that? You didn't have to trouble yourself like that you know."

"There's actually something else I want to talk about with you," Sungjong said all nervous and not looking at Myungsoo's face. "But maybe we can go to where there's not much people?"

"There's a park near here and since it's getting late there's usually no one there anymore," Myungsoo smiled.

"Then lead the way hyung," Sungjong smiled as he made a gesture for Myungsoo to go first and the older did.

If Sungjong walked side by side Myungsoo then he would have seen the eating grin on the elder's face, but he stayed behind and kept talking to himself as he tried to calm his nerves, not even noticing that they were at the park already.

"So what did you want to tell me Jongie?" Myungsoo asked as the two of them walked to sit on the swings.

"We, me and you, haven't known each other for that long," Sungjong started and he wanted to kill himself for being so lame. "And you didn't really have the best first impression."

"I think I had the best first impression," Myungsoo countered with a small laugh.

"Being drunk isn't really a nice first impression on anyone hyung," Sungjong stated with a smile. "As I was saying, we are just getting to know each other hyun but I've kinda figured you're nice, weird, really likes black, isn't really great with public speaking and you kind of have the perfect face."

"Thanks Jongie," Myungsoo said. "But what are you saying?"

If Sungjong would only look at Myungsoo then he would see the huge knowing smile on his face.

"W-what I'm saying, hyung, is that I-I," Sungjong stuttered. "I maybe, kind off, sort off, like you."

The end came barely a whisper but Myungsoo heard other wise.

"I like you too," Myungsoo replied making Sungjong stand up.

"I knew it!" Sungjong said a bit devastated confusing Myungsoo with his reaction. "I knew I should have just kept my mouth shut, now our relationship will turn weird cause I couldn't keep my feelings in when you certainly don't like me the same way and I am so sorry hyung but I just had to tell you how I feel and I-"

"Sungjong stop," Myungsoo laughed as he stood up and placed his hands on the younger's shoulder. "I said I like you too."

Sungjong blinked a couple of times as he processed what he just heard.

"You like me too?" Sungjong said oh so surprised. "As in you like me as I like you or just the dongsaeng like."

"I like you as in I want to kiss you right now like you," Myungsoo said as he went near Sungjong's face.

“Oh,” Sungjong said perfectly red and Myungsoo can’t help but smile as he sees it. “Then I guess it is the same kind of like.”

“So does that mean you want to kiss me too?” Myungsoo asked as he got closer.

“M-maybe,” Sungjong stuttered and before he could say anymore Myungsoo connected their lips and Sungjong couldn’t help but just melt into the kiss. They break off after a few seconds. “I said maybe you know.”

“I know,” Myungsoo just smiled as he pressed Sungjong’s body closer to his and Sungjong just smiled as he took in his hyung’s scent completely happy he confessed.

They stay like that for a minute before Sungjong said something that’s been on his mind.

“I expected you to be more shocked to be honest,” Sungjong said. “But you weren’t even fazed by my confession at all, it’s like you were expecting it.”

“I,” Myungsoo started hesitantly. “I had a feeling.”

“And why did you tell me I ‘m prettier than your ex?” Sungjong asked looking directly at Myungsoo who, this time, wanted to look away. “I mean, I know I’m prettier, but why did you tell me?”

“Just wanted to reassure you,” Myungsoo said and before Sungjong can say anymore he offered something that would keep the younger’s mind away from further questions. “Do you want cake? It’ll be our first official date, I’ll pay.”

“Okay,” Sungjong smiled as he held Myungsoo’s hand and let him lead towards the café, thoughts of Myungsoo’s ex completely gone since he’s going to eat cake with Myungsoo.

Correction, he’s going on a date with his boyfriend.

And Sungjong can’t help but smile wider at the thought.

 


 

hooray!! it's done!!

thank you all for staying with me until the end of this fic :) I love you all (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

ok to be honest this may not be the end end cause I really like this AU and I actually have lots more ideas for the couples so little oneshots may appear now and then but they'll be completely independent, as in they'll be posted separately and can be read on their own, this story is just their background or their how they came to be story :D