MyungJong's side of the story 3/5

Give Your Heart A Break

 

"So you have to pay attention on the direction and sign of the atom to easily get its force," Myungsoo directed.

"Oh my god!" Sungjong exclaimed as he followed what Myungsoo said and got the right answer. "That totally makes sense!"

"Physics gets easy once you get the hang of it," Myungsoo said with a smile as he looked at Sungjong's own smile while admiring his work.

"Not for me," Sungjong said as he stuck his tongue out. "Physics only got easier cause it's you who's teaching me Myungsoo-hyung."

"I-I didn't really do much," Myungsoo replied as he fumbled with his words and pencil. 2 weeks of teaching the younger lad and his heart still beats irregularly fast. "You did the work."

"I still couldn't do it if it wasn't for you," Sungjong smiled and Myungsoo just wanted to confess to him that he likes more than a dongsaeng then and there if Sungjong's phone didn't ring, which Myungsoo is very much thankful for. "Hello?"

Sungjong then made a gesture with his hands to excuse himself which Myungsoo nodded to; their tutoring session is done for the day anyways.

"But it's my day off Daehyun!" Sungjong whined getting Myungsoo's attention. "Dae ~ Why me?? Why not Kyungsoo-hyung?"

"I thought he said Myungsoo," Myungsoo mumbled to himself as he waited for Sungjong to finish his phone call so that he can politely take his leave.

“Fine,” Sungjong finally said after saying ‘no’ to the phone for the past minute. “I’m doing this for you and cause you said Jongin will take my shift in cleaning Ttangkkoma’s tank.”

‘Thank so much Sungjongie!’ as sweet happy voice was heard from the phone.

“I’ll be there in 30 minutes,” Sungjong said and with a goodbye he shut off his phone with a sigh.

“Something happened?” Myungsoo asked.

“One of the workers in our café decided to catch a cold in the spring,” Sungjong explained. “And we’re really busy this time with all the students coming in to study for exams so they asked me to help, and it was supposed to be my day off.”

“Aren’t you a hard working employee,” Myungsoo complimented with a smile.

“I’m only doing it cause Daehyun is the one who asked,” Sungjong replied. “And that he promised that Jongin will clean our boss’ pet’s tank during my turns for the month.”

“The turtle named Ttangkkoma that you talked about?”

“Yup,” Sungjong said as he looked at Myungsoo. “That evil turtle that is just waiting for me to get my guard down so that he can eat me alive so that he can get rid of me!!”

“Then he is an evil turtle to try and get rid of someone like you,” Myungsoo smiled as he ruffled Sungjong’s hair.

“You really like doing this huh?”

“Do what?” Myungsoo asked innocently as he combed his hand through Sungjong’s hair.

“Pet my hair,” Sungjong stated making Myungsoo blush and retract his hand quickly.

“Sorry,” Myungsoo apologized. “You must have been bothered.”

“Not really,” Sungjong said turning away from Myungsoo. “Your hand is warm so it’s not really a bother.”

With this said Sungjong turned away and failed to see Myungsoo turn red from his words. The older was going to reach out to him but Sungjong decided to stand at that moment to get ready for work.

“I better get ready for work then,” Sungjong announced as he looked back at Myungsoo with a smile and, Myungsoo hopes he isn’t imagining it, slightly pink cheeks. “I could walk you out hyung or you could go on first if you’re in a hurry.”

“No it’s fine,” Myungsoo smiled. “Actually since you’re going to work I could walk you there since it’s on my way home.”

“Oh, you don’t have to do that hyung,” Sungjong said.

“Its fine Jongie,” Myungsoo said with a smile, ruffling the other’s hair again. “Besides, I want to accompany you so that’s that. I’ll wait for you at your living room.”

With that said Myungsoo left Sungjong in his room making no room for any other arguments making the younger sigh and trying to calm his weird fast beating heart while dressing up for work.

“Weird hyung,” Sungjong mumble to himself as he touched the part of his head that Myungsoo ruffled before wearing his dress shirt.

After a few minutes Sungjong finally emerged from his bedroom in a crisp white long sleeved dress shirt tucked in sleek black pants.

“Let’s go Myungsoo-hyung,” Sungjong announced. “Dae just sent me a message that more people are coming in the café that they placed chairs outside to accommodate them.”

“Then we better be quick,” Myungsoo said with a smile as he jumped to his feet then followed Sungjong who was already out the door.

 

In ten minutes time the two of them were inside Lemon Drop Café and Sungjong can clearly see how busy it was…

“This is way busier than normal busy,” Sungjong muttered as he waded through the people and made his way to the back of the counter along with Myungsoo. “Youngjae! Why is it so hectic right now?”

“Cause only me and Daehyun-hyung went to work today cause Himchan-hyung fell sick,” Youngjae replied as he handed Sungjong’s apron who quickly tied it around his waist. “Yongguk-hyung’s taking care of him, Junhong’s in Jeju with his family and Jongup has finals today so it’s only you, me, Daehyun and Yesung-hyung at the counter with Ryeowook-hyung in the kitchen.”

“Jongie!” Sungjong suddenly heard making him turn around just to get tackled into a hug by Daehyun. “I’m so glad you’re here already! I need you to help me serve the food, but you also have to help Youngjae make coffee since I don’t know how… Aish! Why are the others so busy now that the cafe is busy too.”

“Daehyun relax,” Sungjong told his best friend. “We’ll manage somehow.”

“Uh…” Myungsoo started awkwardly catching the other’s attention. “I’m free so I could help.”

“Hyung you don’t know the first thing about making coffee or cakes,” Sungjong said.

“I know how to serve food,” Myungsoo said. “I helped at my mom’s family restaurant when it was just starting and didn’t have much workers.”

“You’re hired!” Yesung suddenly said from the counter as he can overhear them. “You’re hired for the day Sungjong’s friend. Daehyun, lend him your extra uniform so that he can get started.”

“Aye-aye!” Daehyun replied with a salute as he pulled Myungsoo inside their backroom.

“Your friend’s quiet handsome,” Youngjae whispered to Sungjong.

“He is,” Sungjong answered without really thinking.

“You going out with him?”

“N-no!” Sungjong cried loudly catching people’s attention making him smile awkwardly at them before they go back to their previous business. “He’s just my tutor and hyung.”

“I was also just Daehyun’s tutor before you know,” Youngjae reminded the other making Sungjong blush at the implication since he and Daehyun are in a steady relationship now. “Now let’s make those coffees so that Dae and Myungsoo-hyung can serve them at once when they’re ready.”

“R-right,” Sungjong stammered with a fast beating heart. “Coffee, I’ll get right on it.”

After Sungjong made exactly two cups of cappuccino frappe Daehyun emerged from the backroom along with a nicely suited Myungsoo.

“Wow,” Sungjong breathed as he handed Myungsoo the order for table 9. “The uniform really suits you.”

“You think so?” Myungsoo asked as he rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. “It’s been a while since I wore a dress shirt so the sleeves kinda irritate me.”

“It’s okay for you to roll it up, it looks stylish, and the first button too,” Sungjong said but he took the liberty of doing it himself. “There, now we have to work harder since more ladies will come in when they see our extra handsome new waiter.”

“I’m not that handsome,” Myungsoo mumbled feeling a bit embarrassed with Sungjong’s words before straightening up and smiling at the barista. “Besides, I think they’ll come in more because of you.”

With that said and a last pinch on Sungjong’s cheeks Myungsoo went off to serve the food leaving Sungjong in making coffee and a tingling feeling on his cheeks.

 

The day then went on busier for what Sungjong said came true, with Myungsoo's lovely face serving the customers people, especially teenage girls, started coming more and sometimes by the bulk.

It also made the usual peaceful atmosphere of the cafe be replaced with girl's gossiping and giggling, mostly about the handsome new waiter.

"Girls are so annoying," Sungjong said as he pressed the on button on the blender a little too hard.

"I think it's cute," Youngjae smiled as he made another batch of brewed coffee.

"You just think so cause they're not oogling at Daehyun," Sungjong countered while sticking out his tongue.

"And you think it's annoying cause they're oogling at Myungsoo," the younger of the two smirked at the other who almost spilled the strawberry shake he was pouring because of his words.

"What?? What do I care if they're flirting with Myungsoo-hyung or not?!" Sungjong cried looking at Youngjae.

"No need to be defensive Jongie-hyung," Youngjae smiled triumphantly making Sungjong pout and blush a bit. "Aww don't pout hyung, I'm sure he won't get swayed when someone like you is right beside him."

"I told you Jae, I don't care if he gets swayed or not," Sungjong said, though he sounded like he was convincing himself, before he turned to the counter where his boss was working. "And you Yesung-hyung!"

"What?" Yesung said with a shocked expression, how'd he get drag into their conversation?

"Stop telling people Myungsoo-hyung is just a waiter for today like he's some kind of one day event!" Sungjong scolded.

"But it brings in customers!" Yesung whined.

"Yesung," Ryeowook's voice was heard from the kitchen. "Stop selling the kid or else your sleeping on the couch for a week."

"I'll stop now," Yesung complied obediently making Sungjong smile triumphantly before going back to his work.

"Yup," Youngjae muttered to himself with a smile. "You don't care about Myungsoo-hyung alright."

 

Only when it was two hours before closing did the people lessen and eventually only a few people were there.

"Wow," Myungsoo exclaimed as he plopped down on a vacant seat behind the counter Sungjong just happened to seat beside to. "That was kinda hectic."

"It was mostly your fault though," Sungjong stated. "Told you you'd bring customers here like bees to honey."

"It’s just cause I'm new," Myungsoo denied.

"And too good looking," Sungjong added. "Especially in that uniform."

"You really think I look good in this uniform?" Myungsoo asked with a small grin. "Maybe I should get a job here then?"

"And have to deal with girls flirting with you every day?" Sungjong said with a fake astonished look. "No thanks."

"You didn't like it when girls flirted with me?" Myungsoo asked with a grin that could rival the Cheshire cat's.

"No!" Sungjong said a bit defensively. "It's just that they were a bit noisy and some of them wore their skirts too short and I swear two of them deliberately opened the top buttons of their blouses when you passed by them."

"You don't have to be so defensive Jongie," Myungsoo said with a laugh.

"I'm not defensive," Sungjong pouted. "I'm stating the truth."

"Whatever you say Sungjong," Myungsoo smiled before his and Sungjong's attention were attracted to the small bell of the door signaling a new customer, and this one was a special customer. "Sungyeol!"

Upon hearing his name the tall man turned his head towards where Sungjong and Myungsoo were sitting making him smile widely and make his way over to them.

"Myungsoo! What are you doing here?" Sungyeol greeted as he got closer and saw Myungsoo up close. "Wait, are you working here?"

"Just for the day," Myungsoo explained. "My current student is the one who really works here."

Myungsoo then pointed at Sungjong with the intent of introducing his student and friend in college to each other not knowing he didn't have to.

"Sungjongie!" Sungyeol cried happily as he hugged the younger who hugged him back. "It’s been a while since I last saw you, unlike Hoya who's always with Woohyun so I'm kinda getting sick of his face."

"It's great to see you too hyung," Sungjong smiled as Sungyeol let go of his hug on him.

"Wait!" Myungsoo cried as he got in between the two Sungs. "You two know each other? And how can you just hug Jongie like that hyung?"

“You know I manage different dance events and competitions right? Well when there’s dance there’s Hoya and when there’s Hoya there’s Sungjong and since Hoya has been dancing since he was in his mom’s stomach we’ve known each other for a pretty long time now,” Sungyeol explained as he eyed Myungsoo. “And I can hug him like that cause he is huggable, why are you acting like some jealous girlfriend?”

“I’m not!” Myungsoo denied. He is not acting like a jealous girl friend because he is clearly not a girl.

Sungjong on the other hand was glad Myungsoo wasn’t facing him cause he felt his cheeks flush.

“Wait sorry, my bad,” Sungyeol said and Sungjong sighed in relief that his hyung didn’t pursue the topic. “Why are you acting like a jealous boyfriend Myung? Are you two dating?”

“We’re not!” it was Sungjong who denied this time. “Myungsoo-hyung is just my tutor.”

“Eiii~” Sungyeol teased with a smirk as he poked Sungjong’s cheeks. “Then why are you red Jongie?”

“Because it’s hot with you two breathing down my neck!” Sungjong cried. “I’m going to Daehyun.”

With that said Sungjong went off to find his friend, and coincidentally save Youngjae from the embarrassment that is his boyfriend, leaving a smirking Sungyeol alone with Myungsoo.

“Sooo~” Sungyeol started and Myungsoo knew his gonna this is involving his relationship with Sungjong. “I didn’t know you swing that way now, not that I can blame you if it’s Sungjong.”

“Can you please be quiet Yeol,” Myungsoo said. “Sungjong doesn’t know that I like him that way.”

“You haven’t told him yet?” Sungyeol said. “Dude you’re weak, and have you even talked to Hoya yet?”

“Hoya-hyung said we’d make a cute couple,” Myungsoo said trying to hide the smile on his lips.

“Then you’re like a hundred steps ahead than the other’s who tried to court Jongie in the past!” Sungyeol said a bit surprised that Hoya actually approved of someone for Sungjong, maybe being with Woohyun made him think that his dongsaeng should have someone like him too, only less greasy. “All that’s left is for you to confess.”

“I know but,” Myungsoo hesitated whether he should tell Sungyeol his worries but in the end figured he could trust his friend. “I’m not too sure on how Sungjong will react.”

“I’m sure he’ll react positively Myung,” Sungyeol encouraged as he remembered how Sungjong turned a bit red earlier when he mentioned jealous girlfriend.

“I don’t know,” Myungsoo said a bit down hearted instead besides the other’s encouragement. “Sometimes I think he likes me too but then it’ll show that I just think that and he really doesn’t. Why did I have to like such a complicated person?”

“I guess I know what you mean,” Sungyeol said sympathetically, as far as he knew Sungjong has never been in a relationship before and has not liked someone more than a little crush so it’s understandable that Sungjong may not realize that he also really likes Myungsoo too and just brush it off as admiration or friendship or something.

“I just wish he could be more honest with his actions so I won’t hesitate like this,” Myungsoo muttered.

“Honest huh…” Sungyeol mused thinking of something and then brightening up when he remembered something. “I’ve got it! I know how you can know how Sungjong honestly feels about you!”

“How?” Myungsoo asked suspiciously, Sungyeol was known to have the most genius at the same time idiotic ideas so his kinda afraid of what he’ll say next.

“We get him drunk,” Sungyeol answered with a happy smile.

 


 

 

this chapter got longer than expected lol

now i wonder what Myungiepoo will do with Sungyeol's suggestion??