MyungJong's side of the story 1/5

Give Your Heart A Break

 It was Sungjong's day off the following day and since Sunggyu's cousin, Kim Myungsoo, quickly agreed into tutoring Sungjong Sunggyu decided that today, while the two of them weren't busy, is the best day the two could meet.

"So when is this Myungsoo guy coming here?" Sungjong asked.

"Be patient Jongie," Sunggyu said. "The guy goes to the next school from us. You should be glad his house is luckily near this cafe."

"Still hyung," Hoya started. "He's 10 minutes late, me and Woohyun will be late for our class if he isn't here soon."

"Why are you two here anyways?" Dongwoo asked.

"This guy is gonna tutor Jongie and will probably spend more time with him now," Hoya said. "I need to know if he's decent or not."

"And me dating Howonnie practically makes me Sungjong's other pseudo-older brother," Woohyun said. "Not that it bothers me, I've always wanted a little brother."

"You don't have to be so over protective though," Sungjong said a bit embarrased but he was smiling nonetheless, he's always wanted an older brother.

"Besides," Dongwoo started with a smile. "Myungsoo's a nice guy, I've only met him twice but he's really nice and polite, a bit weird sometimes though."

"And we don't have to wait any longer," Sunggyu said as he looked past Sungjong who was in front of him. "He's outside the cafe now, Myungsoo!"

All of them then turned towards the door having mixed reactions at the guy who was wearing a black plaid shirt with black hair, black eyes and impossibly perfect face.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo just smiled at the newly entered teen waving at him to come to their table. Hoya was already scrutinizing the boy and the first thing he can conclude is that the kid likes black a little too much, not that he can say anything cause him and purple are practically married if it weren't for Woohyun. While Woohyun and Sungjong just stood there mouths agape and shock written all over their faces, in Sungjong's case though he looks completely horrified.

"Hyung please don't tell me that is Myungsoo," Sungjong hissed at Sunggyu while clutching the other's arm.

"Well it is Myungsoo," Sunggyu replied looking questioningly at the younger as to why he looks more horrified at seeing his cousin than watching those horror films of his. "Do you know him?"

"No!" Sungjong said a little to loudly than what he had intended

"Sunggyu-hyung," came a distinct new voice from behind Sungjong who instantly stiffened.

"Myungsoo," Sunggyu smiled, and then he pointed at Sungjong who was still not facing the new comer. "This is Sungjong."

"Hi," Myungsoo greeted politely with a small smile but that instantly went away when Sungjong made no move to face him.

"Sungjong," Sunggyu whispered. "You're being really rude to the guy that will save your physics grade."

Sungjong then let out a long breathe he didn't know he was holding before turning around to face his now physics tutor hoping and praying that the guy will not recognize him from their first encounter.

"I'm Lee Sungjong," Sungjong introduced himself and he was really wishing that the shocked face on Myungsoo along with his silence was NOT a sign that he recognized him.

"It's you," Myungsoo breathed out as he made an attempt to hug Sungjong if he was not stopped by Woohyun.

"Stay away from Sungjong," Woohyun said as he got in between the two.

"Woohyun," Hoya said a bit scoldingly. "You just met the guy!"

"But Hoya!" Woohyun whined. "This is the guy who tried to Sungjong!"

"What?!" Hoya, Dongwoo and Sunggyu cried out loud catching the attention of other people from the cafe.

"You stay away from Sungjong," Hoya said getting in front of Myungsoo looking at him a bit threateningly.

“Myungsoo is this true?!” Sunggyu asked utterly shocked.

“NO!” Myungsoo cried in his defense. “I swear I didn’t try to him that time! I swear!”

“Well you looked like you wanted to our baby Jongie,” Woohyun said as he hugged Sungjong protectively and suffocatedly.

“Sunggyu-hyung I swear I didn’t try to him,” Myungsoo said sincerely. “I was just a bit drunk that night.”

“A bit?!” Sungjong said as he made Woohyun let go of him. “You ing followed me all the way to the park from the bar screaming like a ing ty maniac!”

“You know what,” Sunggyu said sternly. “Instead of fighting and catching everyone’s attention here how about we sit down and let you two explain what really happened.”

“I think Myungsoo should sit with us instead of with Hoya and Woohyun,” Dongwoo suggested as he saw Hoya keep a stern eye at Myungsoo.

“Now let’s start with Myungsoo’s side,” Sunggyu said looking at his cousin.

“Well it was the day Sujin broke up with me,” Myungsoo started.

“Ah, the day you got rid of the banshee,” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo glared at him a bit. “It’s true, the day you got rid of that woman was the day your mom treated all of us to beef.”

“I did like her then hyung,” Myungsoo said.

“She cheated on you,” Sunggyu deadpanned.

“Back to the story,” Myungsoo said for he didn’t want to recall that part. “I was depressed so I went to Beautiful Night to get a few drinks and eventually it got out of hand and I got really drunk it was then that I saw him.”

“Don’t look at me like that,” Sungjong said as Myungsoo looked at him as if he was an angel from above.

“As soon as I saw you I felt the whole world stop and before I knew it my feet moved on their own but you started running away so I followed you,” Myungsoo said still staring at Sungjong as if some love struck girl. “Then I don’t know what happened anymore, the next thing I remember was waking up on the park bench with a jacket on top of me that kept me warm and a splitting headache but that’s the only thing that hurt, the ache in my heart was gone after my encounter with you.”

Silence was what met Myungsoo’s story until Sungjong decided to break it.

“What the ?” Sungjong cursed. “Is Woohyun-hyung’s greasiness that contagious?!”

“How about you fill the missing part of the story Sungjong,” Sunggyu said cause even he was cringing at his cousin’s words.

“So I was at the bar with Hoya-hyung, which is also the day I hooked up Woohyun-hyung and him by the way,” Sungjong said proudly and Hoya just rolled his eyes but smiled at Woohyun nonetheless cause he was really thankful for that day. “When suddenly he started walking towards me and he looked like that day mind you, so of course I ran away…”

Flashback

Sungjong was already blocks away from Beautiful Night but no matter how fast he ran, what sharp turn he took or how long he ran the drunk guy was still following him! How that guy could keep up with his pace and track while walking wobbly and drunk is a mystery to Sungjong. When he got to the town’s local park, which was already a good long way from the bar, he finally got to breathe easily for the drunk guy was nowhere to be found now.

“Thank god,” Sungjong said as he checked behind him and behind the trees to see if that guy was still there but thankfully he wasn’t at his back anymore because for some kind of mysterious misfortune the drunk guy was in front of Sungjong now.

“Sujin-ah!” the drunk guy cried as he made a move to hug Sungjong who reacted quickly.

“Get away from me you ing ert!” Sungjong cried while hardly pushing the guy away.

“Sujin-ah,” the guy sniffed. “Don’t do this!”

“I’m not Sujin you freak!” Sungjong cried. “Now leave me alone!”

“Don’t lie to me,” the guy said moving closer to Sungjong. “You’re Sujin. You have her eyes, and nose, and cheeks, and lips…”

He then started to get close again but Sungjong was quicker.

“I SAID STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU ERT!!!!!” Sungjong shouted as he punched the guy in the face causing him to stumble to the ground.

“Sujin,” the guy sniffed as he sat upright. “Don’t do this, don’t leave me for him, please…”

Now no matter how much Sungjong curses, how much of a brat he is sometimes and no matter how disrespectful he is at times he still has a heart and this erted guy with his soiled depressed look is touching that heart.

“Yah,” Sungjong started catching the other’s attention. “I’m not Sujin okay, I don’t know who or where this Sujin person is.”

“She must be with that rich guy from her school,” the guy said looking a bit depressed. “I loved her so much, I bought everything she wanted but then… she just… went with that guy… am I not good enough? Why’d she leave me?”

“Because you’re an idiot,” Sungjong said straight forwardly as he sat across the guy on the ground. “This Sujin was obviously playing you and you went with it! I mean it’s obvious that you’re too good for her.”

“Really?”

“Yeah sure,” Sungjong said with a laugh as the guy in front of him looked like an absolute ert 5 minutes earlier but now looked like a kid receiving candy. “You seem like a handsome guy, you were willing to buy anything that wanted and it seems like you really loved her to be this depressed on a no-good-woman like her.”

“Hehe,” the guy chuckled making Sungjong chuckle too. “You may look like Sujin but you’re nicer.”

“Of course I am,” Sungjong said as a matter of factly. “Which is why you should never compare me with a like that ever again.”

“I won’t,” the guy smiled before collapsing in front of Sungjong startling the latter.

“Yah!”Sungjong cried as he shook the other. “Are you okay?!”

Soft snores was what Sungjong heard making him hand his head down before getting the other guy up to lie him on a bench instead then covering him with his jacket.

“You’re ing lucky I was the one you decided to follow you erted drunk guy,” Sungjong said as he flicked the other’s forehead lightly before walking home with a small smile on his face.

End of Flashback

“And that’s what happened,” Sungjong said but he didn’t say the ‘walking home while smiling part’ cause that would be too embarrassing.

“You really curse a lot,” Myungsoo stated making the hyung’s laugh and Sungjong redden a bit.

“You’ll get used to it,” Dongwoo laughed.

“It’s cute though,” Myungsoo smiled making Sungjong redden more.

“Now that we know what really happened I’d just like to thank you Sungjong,” Sunggyu said as he held the youngest hands. “You managed to make Myung see how much of a that Sujin is.”

“I’d like to thank you too Sungjong-sshi,” Myungsoo smiled. “For the things you said that night, it made me forget about Sujin.”

“You’re welcome?” Sungjong replied or rather asked.

“Well now that that’s settled,” Woohyun said. “Will you still take him as a tutor Jongie?”

“Will you really help me get my grades up?” Sungjong asked –pleaded– to Myungsoo, cause he's grades are really important and he is failing Physics right now.

“Yup,” Myungsoo said confidently. “It’s the least I could do to thank you, I’d even do it for free for you.”

“You will?!” Sungjong said happily. “Thank you so much Myungsoo-hyung.”

“Do you have any objections Hoya?” Dongwoo asked as he saw the dancer still eyeing Myungsoo.

“This tutoring thing better only happen here at the café and not in some private place I don’t know of okay,” Hoya stated directly at Myungsoo who just obediently obliged, he doesn’t really care where as long as he gets to spend time and get to know Sungjong.

“Well then,” Sungjong smiled for the first time at Myungsoo making the latter’s heart flutter a bit. “I guess I’ll be in your care for a while Myungsoo-hyung.”

“I promise to take good care of you Sungjong-sshi,” Myungsoo smiled honestly happy at his new student.

 


 

update cause I passed my Chemistry exam o(≧▽≦)o

tomorrow I'll get my Physics exam back... (/。\)I'm not hoping for a high score... just a score that will pass me in that class... please...