MyungJong's side of the story 2/5

Give Your Heart A Break

 

A few days later…

“Sungjongie~” Sungjong’s friend, Daehyun, called as he approached his friend. “Wanna go with me to that new café that opened down the street? Heard they have awesome cheese cakes.”

“Your boyfriend doesn’t have any time for you Dae?” Sungjong teased as he fixed his bag.

“Just so you know me and Youngjae just went out to a romantic dinner last night,” Daehyun defended himself. “Besides, isn’t food trips our thing?”

“I guess,” Sungjong said with a laugh as he and Daehyun went out their classroom. “But I can’t today, I have a date.”

Daehyun stood there in their hallway in shock before getting over it and catching up with his friend.

“Lee Sungjong!” Daehyun called. “What did you just say?! No wait. When did this happen?! Who is this person?!”

“It happened when you kept abandoning me for Youngjae,” Sungjong said feigning hurt. “Some best friend you are.”

“You know I didn’t mean to Jongie,” Daehyun said guiltily. “But seriously though, who are you dating?!”

“I’m dating,” Sungjong started as he leaned in close to whisper to Daehyun’s ear. “No one.”

“What?” Daehyun asked as he stared at his friend. “Are you trolling me?”

“Before I was,” Sungjong said honestly. “But now I’m being honest.”

“So…” Daehyun started. “You’re not dating anyone?”

“I’m not,” Sungjong smiled. “Besides, you know very well I’ll let you meet the person first before I start dating.”

“Yup,” Daehyun said as he slung an arm around his best friend as he remembered Sungjong and Youngjae’s first meeting, Sungjong immediately gave him the thumbs up and he knew then and there that Youngjae’s the one, he doesn’t want his boyfriend and best friend to be awkward with each other since he’s gonna spend time with both of them together sometimes. “So our little food date is a go?”

“Still can’t accompany you Daehyun,” Sungjong said apologetically. “I’ve got a tutor session today.”

“Ohhh~ With physics right?” Daehyun said. “I can’t understand why you just didn’t come to me for help.”

“Because you also need tutoring with your math,” Sungjong said poking the other’s rib lightly. “Thank god Youngjae’s a genius in math.”

“I do have a pretty great boyfriend,” Daehyun said happily and a bit boastfully. “He’s cute, smart and has a great voice.”

“Cheezy,” Sungjong said as he stuck his tongue out. “I don’t even know why you’re my friend.”

“Cause you are nothing without me~”

“Oh really?” Sungjong said as he raised an eyebrow. “I’ll prove you wrong by not being your friend as of now.”

With that said Sungjong walked a bit faster making Daehyun hurriedly walk up to him and back hugged him.

“You know I was just kidding Jongie~” Daehyun said in a sing song voice.

“No,” Sungjong said dramatically pulling away from his best friend. “You’ve already hurt my feelings Jung Daehyun! Goodbye.”

“I’m sorry Sungjong,” Daehyun said playing along with his friend.

“I’ll only forgive you if you treat me to that new café you’re saying when we go there,” Sungjong said with a small smile.

“You see this is why you’re friends with me,” Daehyun laughed. “I think I’m still gonna treat you even though I know you weren’t really angry.”

“Aww, you know I can never be angry at you Daedae,” Sungjong said pinching the other’s cheeks before he heard someone call his name.

“Sungjong!” a voice called from the gate and when Sungjong turned to look he saw Myungsoo walking towards him and Daehyun.

“Myungsoo-hyung,” Sungjong greeted with a small wave. “What are you doing here?”

“I was on my way to your apartment and since I passed your school I thought I’ll pick you up,” Myungsoo smiled but then he stared at Daehyun. “So uh, who’s he?”

“Jung Daehyun,” Sungjong said patting Daehyun’s head. “My so called best friend.”

“Whoa,” was all Daehyun said as he stared at Myungsoo. “Who are you?”

“Kim Myungsoo,” Myungsoo said a bit unsurely. “Sungjong’s tutor.”

“This is your tutor?” Daehyun asked Sungjong as the doe eyed boy nodded. Daehyun then looked at Myungsoo more, he even encircled him and when he got back to his original place he showed a thumbs up in front of Sungjong with a big smile. “Nice catch Jongie.”

“Idiot!” Sungjong said as he blushed at his friend’s implication. He tried to hit Daehyun’s head but he’s friend easily avoided it – due to the years of receiving hits from Sungjong Daehyun has mastered the art of avoiding them.

“Now I can totally understand why you can’t go to our little date,” Daehyun smirked.

“Daehyun I will kill you and make Youngjae find a better boyfriend,” Sungjong threatened.

“You love me too much to kill me and Youngjae already found the best boyfriend ever,” Daehyun said happily. “Well then, I’ll take my leave Jongie so you can get started on your little study date~”

“I hate you,” Sungjong glared at Daehyun with a small pout.

“I love you too,” Daehyun smiled, he then turned to Myungsoo and patted him on the shoulder. “Be nice to him Myungsoo-sshi.”

“I will,” Myungsoo said unsurely.

“Bye Jongie,” Daehyun said, already walking backwards towards the gate. “We’ll go to that new café some other time.”

“You better treat me Dae!” Sungjong called after his friend who laughed in response before disappearing from their sight.

“What just happened?” Myungsoo asked.

“You just met my best friend, Jung Daehyun,” Sungjong laughed. “Now come on hyung, so you can tutor me already.”

“But I thought Hoya-hyung was your best friend,” Myungsoo said as they started walking. “At least I assumed he’s your best friend with how he was so protective of you when we met.”

“Hoya-hyung’s my cousin,” SUngjong explained. “He’s been taking care of me since we were young so I guess it’s natural for him to be a bit protective, which is also why it was expected I move in with him when I study here in Seoul.”

“You seem to really like Hoya huh?” Myungsoo smiled.

“Hoya-hyung’s the best cousin ever,” Sungjong said proudly with a big smile. “Unlike your cousin.”

“Sunggyu-hyung takes care of me a lot too especially cause he’s the oldest cousin in our family,” Myungsoo said. “It’s just that he’s a bit…”

“Bossy? Naggy? A lazy hamster that orders you around for every little thing?” Sungjong supplied. “Pick one hyung.”

“Sometimes,” Myungsoo laughed.

“Sometimes,” Sungjong agreed. “And we’re here at my apartment~”

Sungjong and Hoya’s apartment complex was 22 story building and their unit was on the 11th floor requiring them to use the elevator. Once they were at the right floor Sungjong led the way towards unit 11D before unlocking it and escorting Myungsoo inside.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” Sungjong said with a small bow and a gesture towards his home. “you can leave your shoes here hyung.”

“It’s neat,” Myungsoo complimented.

“Hoya-hyung likes it that way,” Sungjong said. “My rooms at the left side down this hall, if you see purple then that’s Hoya’s, I’ll get us some drinks and you can get comfortable in my room.”

“Left and no purple, got it,” Myungsoo said as Sungjong went towards the kitchen and Myungsoo went down the hall then immediately faced left when he was beside two doors facing each other. He slowly opened Sungjong’s room’s door. “Yellow.”

In contrast to Hoya’s room which was purple and would probably give you a cool feeling Sungjong’s walls were a yellow pastel color giving a warm feeling and the fact that once you step inside his room you would instantly see the big window in front of what seemed like a study table with Sungjong’s laptop and books scattered on top of it. There was a single bed against the right side wall with a cabinet at the end of it next to the door.

The wall on Myungsoo’s left had a huge whiteboard and cork board attached to it and with further inspection Myungsoo smiled as he could see that Sungjong has scribbled down his schedule and to do list for the week with little emoticons next to them, his smile got bigger when he read ‘tutorial with Myungsoo-hyun ^^’ on his Tuesday and Thursday sched. The cork board was also filled with different sized notes and random pictures all with some with Sungjong’s smiling face and others with random people that Myungsoo can only recognize a few of them.

“I got you coke hyung,” Sungjong announced when he got to his room. “Cause that’s all we have, sorry.”

“It’s fine,” Myungsoo smiled accepting the canned drink. “So how do we do this?”

“First I have to get my mini table from under the bed,” Sungjong said as he handed Myungsoo his own drink then pulled a small Japanese styled table, the one where you sit on the floor as your chair, from under his bed. “It was for sale when I bought my bed so I just had to buy it, haven’t regretted that decision ever since, isn’t it cute.”

“You’re cuter,” Myungsoo smiled as he sat in front of the table near Sungjong placing their drinks on top of it.

“Are you sure Sunggyu-hyung is your cousin and not Woohyun-hyung?” Sungjong asked, not even batting an eyelash at the compliment Myungsoo gave. “You sound like him.”

“I’m pretty sure my mom and Gyu-hyung’s dad are the ones who are siblings,” Myungsoo responded trying to hide the disappointment that his words have no effect on the younger. “So what part of physics don’t you understand?”

“Everything!” Sungjong exclaimed as he grabbed his notebook from his bag. “I don’t understand whatever my y teacher says.”

Myungsoo scanned through Sungjong’s notebook and with every page he turns his eyebrows get nearer each other. “You really won’t understand anything from your professor is teaching cause she’s using a longer more complicated method.”

“I knew that woman was creating hell for us!” Sungjong said with a glare towards his notebook.

“I’ll teach you an easier way to find a lenses focal length,” Myungsoo said as he grabbed his own notebook and began teaching Sungjong.

The afternoon then passed on with rearranging formulas, memorizing values and solving different problems. But Myungsoo’s favorite part of this afternoon is the few stories they shared in between he feels a lot closer to Sungjong by knowing that his favorite color is yellow, he has a huge teddy bear in his closet that he beats up when he’s stressed, he swears his boss’ turtle hates him and that he always has a few lemon candies in his bag and pocket. He just hopes that Sungjong feels closer to him too during this afternoon they spend together, either way he’s got lots more afternoons to spend with the younger.

“Holy !” Sungjong exclaimed with a big smile as he solved his 4th question right consecutively. “I finally know how to solve for lenses! This is so awesome!”

“Told you you’ll get the hang of it,” Myungsoo smiled.

“Thank you so much Myungsoo-hyung,” Sungjong smiled happily at the other making Myungsoo a bit flustered.

“I-it’s nothing Jongie,” Myungsoo said blushing a bit. “It’s my job to teach you.”

Myungsoo felt his heart beat twice as fast as Sungjong continued smiling to him and he doesn’t know if he can take it anymore but unfortunately –or fortunately- someone like making Myungsoo completely embarrassed and unmoving for SUngjong suddenly hugged him out of happiness and gratefulness.

“You’re the best tutor ever Myungsoo-hyung!” Sungjong said happily and Myungsoo froze on the spot swearing that his face was beet red, he didn’t know whether he should hug the younger back or not. As his arms began to move at last though they heard the front door open and Hoya’s distinct voice calling for his cousin along with Woohyun’s laugh. “I have to show Hoya-hyung!”

Sungjong then left the room leaving Myungsoo there still half frozen and still a bit red. After a few seconds though he began fixing his things a bit clumsily as Sungjong’s hug’s effect still hasn’t worn off, he sighed as he stood up and made his way out the room though cause he just realized that unlike him Sungjong wasn’t flustered at all at their sudden intimate contact making it seem like a neutral gesture for the boy.

“Hi Hoya-hyung,” Myungsoo greeted with a small bow when he saw Hoya petting Sungjong’s hair lovingly like a proud father.

“Hi Myungsoo,” Hoya smiled. “Heard you helped Sungjong with his physics.”

“Isn’t he the best hyung?” Sungjong smiled as he went towards Myungsoo and latched his arms around Myungsoo making the handsome boy’s calming heart turn wild again.

“I-I was just doing my job,” Myungsoo stuttered as he felt his face turn red again and Hoya’s scrutinizing gaze wasn’t helping. “I-I’ll be going n-now Jongie.”

“Already?” Sungjong asked looking up at Myungsoo while he was still latching onto his arm. “Why don’t you stay for dinner hyung? Woohyun’s in the kitchen right now and he is like one of the greatest cooks ever.”

“It’s fine Jongie,” Myungsoo smiled hoping Sungjong won’t hear his heart beat.

“Aww, take it as payment hyung,” Sungjong insisted. “I’m not paying you anyway so take dinner as payment.”

“Join us Myungsoo,” Hoya insisted.

“Well,” Myungsoo started. “If you insist…”

“Hooray!” Sungjong said happily finally releasing Myungsoo. “More guests! I’ll help Woohyun-hyung.”

“Thanks for helping him Myung,” Hoya said when it was only him and Myungsoo in the hall. “And for staying for dinner, it means a lot to him.”

“It’s nothing,” Myungsoo smiled.

“Though I have to ask something Myungsoo,” Hoya started and he looked seriously at Myungsoo this time. “You like Sungjong don’t you? And don’t give me that ‘I like him as a friend’ crap.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Myungsoo said lamely ‘Smooth Myungsoo, real smooth.’

“You’re seriously playing that card instead?” Hoya asked in an ‘are-you-serious’ tone. “Look, I’m not planning to meddle with you cause you seem like a genuine nice guy but I am telling you Myungsoo, Sungjong has never been in love before so id don’t know how he reacts if someone is making moves on him but I do know that Sungjong’s a bit careless sometimes so he accidentally makes people fall for him without him meaning to.”

“I know what you mean,” Myungsoo said with a sigh.

“So since I kinda like you for Jongie I’ll give you a piece of advice,” Hoya said and he smirked when Myungsoo’s ears perked up at his words. “Jongie tends to be fond of people fast when they give him cake, it think that’s how he and Daehyun became best friend, but you’re already one step ahead since he seems fond of you already so just shower him with love and eventually he’ll be the one blushing with your actions.”

“Thanks hyung,” Myungsoo smiled appreciatively.

“But Myungsoo, if you break his heart,” Hoya started smiling a bit menacingly making Myungsoo gulp. “I’ll break your face, clear?”

“C-crystal.”

 


 

 

actually finished this yeaterday but things went wrong while saving it on word so it disappeared and i repeated it all today T^T

anyways... I now introduce Sungjong's bestfriend Jung Daehyun!! oh how I want a 93 line so badly >.<