MyungJong's side of the story 4/5

Give Your Heart A Break

 

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol in disbelief, this has to be the most stupidest thing Sungyeol has ever said! And the tall man has already said lots of stupid things.

"We're not getting him drunk Yeol," Myungsoo stated clearly. "Why would you even think of such a stupid idea?!"

"Because it's the perfect idea Soo! Listen I'll tell you something," Sungyeol said the last part in a hushed voice, then he pulled Myungsoo closer so that only the two of them will hear what he's gonna say. "What I'm about to tell you is extremely confidential and if Hoya ever finds out that someone besides me, Dongwoo and him knows then he will skin us alive before barbequeing us."

"Then why would you even-"

"Because this is the only way for Sungjong to be honest with you," Sungyeol said and that certainly peaked Myungsoo's interest. "Are you gonna listen or what?"

"I'm listening," Myungsoo muttered under his breath.

"It was Hoya's first win in a solo dance competition and coincidentally Sungjong's coming of age," Sungyeol started. "So naturally one of us, and I don't remember who, decided to bring beer."

"I bet it was you," Myungsoo muttered receiving a glare and punch on the arm from Sungyeol.

"Shut up," Sungyeol said as Myungsoo rubbed his arm. "As I was saying, one of us brought beer and it was actually the first time Sungjong was allowed near any alcohol so we let him have a sip first and he seemed to like it so Hoya allowed him one, one 5% of alcohol canned beer, and after that one can Sungjong started talking."

"Talking?" Myungsoo repeated for Sungyeol made it sound sinister and he didn't know why.

"He talked about everything!" Sungyeol said. "From the little secrets he and Hoya has since they were little to who he watched his first with!"

"Who?" Myungsoo asked, very very curious.

"Some guy named Lee Joon or something," Sungyeol said as if it wasn't important. "The point is that Sungjong is really really honest when drunk. He was about to tell Dongwoo how Hoya feels for him that time too if Hoya didn't stop him."

"But Gyu-hyung is the one dating Dongwoo-hyung now-"

"Which is why Hoya had to throw Sungjong into his room before he says anything more," Sungyeol said. "The kid didn't remember a thing the following day."

"So what you're saying is that I should get Sungjong drunk to know how he really honestly feels about me?" Myungsoo said summarizing Sungyeol's plan.

"Yup," Sungyeol smiled triumphantly. "Am I a genius or what?"

"Or what, because first of all how am I even gonna get alcohol near Sungjong?" Myungsoo stated.

"With my mom's wine infused box of chocolates," Sungyeol said with a smirk. "My mom's on a diet so she gave it to me but you know I can't stand wine so I'm thinking that maybe you might like sharing it with your lovely student?."

Myungsoo was silent for a moment cause he has to admit the offer was very tempting but then again it also seemed like he was deceiving Sungjong.

"Just so you know," Sungyeol started getting Myungsoo's attention. "One of Sungjong's co-workers here has there eye on him."

"Fine," Myungsoo said with a sigh. "I just want to be sure before I confess, I don't think I can handle another heartbreak so soon."

"Hey, Sujin was a that doesn't even deserve a single thought you're giving her," Sungyeol said seriously before smiling again. "Sungjong's a way greater person sure he curses like a sailor but he's really nice and kind and somehow, even though it's not that obvious, he's kinda respectful."

"Those are just a few things that made me like him," Myungsoo smiled as his eyes wandered to wear Sungjong was wrestling Daehyun for the last piece of Oreo Cheesecake as Youngjae just read a book by their side as if the scene in front of him was a day to day occurence.

"So I'll hand you the chocolates tomorrow at uni then you have a tutoring session with him the day after right?" Sungyeol asked and Myungsoo nodded. "Perfect! So if all goes well, and I have a feeling it will, by next week I'm gonna see a lovely MyungJong couple happily eating cakes here."

"If all goes well," Myungsoo muttered praying to God that all will go well.

 

At Sungjong's next, and last, tutoring session with Myungsoo...

"Ok Kim Myungsoo," Myungsoo told himself as he stood outside Sungjong and Hoya's apartment, tightly gripping on his backpack's strap as if his life depended on it. "This is just your last tutoring session with Sungjong so you brought some chocolates with you and that's it. Stop acting like you have a bomb in your bag."

A few more seconds of standing stupidly outside his student’s apartment Myungsoo finally finally pressed the doorbell.

“Maybe I could throw the chocolates now before-”

“Hyung!” Sungjong said happily as he swung open the door making Myungsoo grip tightly on his bag again. “You’re a bit late, I was getting worried you know.”

“You were worried,” Myungsoo started as the door clicked close behind him. “About me?”

“Well yeah,” Sungjong replied turning around. “This is our last tutoring session together before my exams next week so I wouldn’t want you to cheat on me and skip.”

"Oh... uh... yeah..." Myungsoo said a bit disappointed. "You should know I won't skip on you though."

"I know," Sungjong said, voice barely audible as he still refused to face his tutor. "I was just a bit worried."

With that said and not even turning to face Myungsoo again Sungjong hurried to his room leaving his tutor a bit confused avout his actions not knowing that his face was as red as a tomato in his room.

Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh before walking towards Sungjong's room to begin their last tutoring session together.

"So what did your professor not teach you yesterday?" Myungsoo asked as he sat beside Sungjong who immediately showed him his notebook.

"The decided to introduce a last minute topic about circuits before finals," Sungjong cursed while flipping through his notebook then showing it to Myungsoo. “And I was already so good at her quizzes because you taught them to me but this is a new topic and it’s right before ing finals and I-”

“Jongie,” Myungsoo laughed placing a finger atop the younger’s lips silencing him and making his eyes wide. “Breathe.”

Sungjong just nodded.

"I'm sure you'll get this by the end of the day," Myungsoo smiled encouragingly.

"Of course I will," Sungjong replied surely. "Since you're the one teaching this time around."

“And since this is our last tutorial,” Myungso started a bit nervously. “I brought chocolates with me-”

“Really!?!?” Sungjong said excitedly.

“I’ll only give it to you if you get 90% of the practice questions I’ll give right,” Myungsoo said.

“Then those chocolates are surely mine,” Sungjong smiled widely as he got his pencil. “Hurry and teach hyung! I want those chocolates.”

 

Their afternoon tutoring went on smoothly and normally making Myungsoo almost forget about the box of wine infused chocolates in his bag, almost cause whenever he gets something in his bag that blue box greets him.

"And we're done!" Sungjong said happily when Myungsoo checked his final answer. "Now I just have to get through finals and then I'll never have to hear the word Physics ever again!!"

"Good for you then Sungjongie," Myungsoo said happy for his student.

"Now can I have my chocolates?" Sungjong asked with a wide smile and shiny eyes.

"Oh yeah..." Myungsoo said unsurely. "The chocolates..."

"I've been an extra good student today hyung," Sungjong said sugar dripping from the sweetness of his voice. "Can I have them now please?"

"Yeah... I just.... have to go to the bathroom first!" Myungsoo said a bit too loudly as he stood up. "Be back in a minute."

"Bathroom? But what about my chocolate?" Sungjong said with a pout when Myungsoo was already out of the room. "He could've just handed the chocolate first before doing his business, unless... he wants the chocolate to himself and is secretly eating them in the bathroom! Cheating hyung!"

Sungjong then hurriedly got up to charge into the bathroom, but in his haste he accidentally knocked over Myungsoo's bag slightly revealing it's contents, including a blue box filled with chocolates.

"Jackpot," Sungjong said happily as he grabbed the chocolates and plopped down on his bed. "This seems like stealing though... but Myungsoo-hyung said he'd give it to me so it's technically mine right? Right."

After talking to himself Sungjong immediately opened the blue box revealing 20 perfectly round little chocolates in their own neat little spaces. Sungjong's smile became wider as he took hold of one of the round chocolates.

"Thank you for the food~" the young lad said in a sing song voice before entering the chocolate into his mouth. The small chocolate was very sweet and slowly melted smoothly in Sungjong's mouth making him hum with glee. As he slowly got to the middle though his face straightened until he swalloed the remaining chocolate.

"Weird... it's sweet at first then tastes bitter..." Sungjong clicked his tongue before having a wonderfully stupid idea. "Maybe if I just keep eating them on and on I won't taste the bitterness."

And that's what Sungjong did, he popped chocolate after chocolate into his mouth to avoid the bitter taste and by his 13th chocolate he started to feel hot and by his 17th chocolate Sungjong started to talk and just as he was about to devour his 18th chocolate Myungsoo returned from the bathroom.

"Your toilet got a bit uh... clogged... but I fixed it!" Myungsoo said lamely trying to excuse his long time in the bathroom. "And listen Jongie but I think I forgot the choco...lates... oh ..."

"!" Sungjong said happily with a red red face as Myungsoo hurried to his side. "That's what the after taste in this chocolate reminds me of! Not that I've ever eaten , gross, but Hoya's dad did once! He ate hyung's when he was a baby cause he shows his love that way."

"Hoya's dad did what?!" Myungsoo said a bit shocked at this information but he shook his head cause weird family things isn't the problem right now. "How many of the chocolates did you eat Jongie?"

"I don't know," Sungjong shrugged as he fell on his bed with a thud. "Probably more than what's left."

"There's only two left here in the box."

"Three!" Sungjong said proudly showing another chocolate in his hand before eating it. "But now there's two."

"You're kinda loud when you're drunk huh?" Myungsoo said a bit amused but he quickly shook his head he should not be amused right now!

"I'm not loud!" Sungjong said loudly despite his words with a pout which then became a smirk as he came really really close to Myungsoo's face. "You know who is loud?"

"Uh..." Myungsoo said stiffly cause he swears just a slight movement of his head and their lips will touch.

"Woohyun-hyung," Sungjong said with a devilish smirk as he pulled away and Myungsoo can breath again. "Our doors are soundproof but one night, when I went to pee, I heard them going at it and I already know Woohyun-hyung's voice can reach high notes but his voice goes really high when he moans out Hoya's name."

"You really do get talkative..."

"I bet Gyu-hyung is loud too," Sungjong said as he snickered. "I saw him limping once as Dongwoo-hyung said sorry over and over to him while helping him walk, erts."

"Wow," Myungsoo said as he desperately erased the image of his cousin and boyfriend going at it. "I did not need to know that."

"They’re all so y for each other," Sungjong giggled. “But I’m jealous of them cause they have each other.”

“Oh… uh… well you have Myungsoo…” Myungsoo said unsurely hoping this would get the answers he needs.

“Myungsoo-hyung? Hmmm…” Sungjong mused tapping his lips with his finger. “Nah, I hate Myungsoo-hyung.”

“Why?!” Myungsoo exclaimed as his world crashed down. He expected to be rejected but not to be hated.

“Cause he’s stuuuupid,” Sungjong said childishly and with a pout. “He acts so nice around me, and he constantly touches my hair making my heart beat really fast, and he always compliments me telling me I’m cute and stuff. He always acts like he likes me when he doesn’t!”

“What?” Myungsoo said a bit shocked at this development, what did Sungjong mean he doesn’t like him? “How can you say I don’t like you?”

“Because Myungsoo-hyung only sees me as his of an ex-girlfriend,” Sungjong stated surely. “He said I look like that Su person! How can someone as wonderful and beautiful as me get compared to a peasant like her?”

“But you and Sujin don’t look anywhere alike!” Myungsoo cried, seriously, Myungsoo can not see the similarities. “When did I say that?”

“Myungsoo-hyung said that when we first met,” Sungjong pouted as if he wasn't talking to Myungsoo. “And it’s so unfair cause I think I like him but he’ll only see me as someone who looks like Su.”

“Sungjong I,” Myungsoo started but he can’t speak well cause his heart was beating really fast cause Sungjong just confessed to him, even though he’s drunk. “I’ve never seen you as Sujin.”

"No you don't!" Sungjong said a bit angrily, suddenly seeing Myungsoo as Myungsoo, as he hit his tutor’s shoulder, and continued hitting him as he spoke. "Cause you're stupid hyung! Stuuupid, stupid for liking that girl, stupid for comparing me to her and stupid for not noticing how I feel! Stupid stupid hyung."

"Yes Jongie," Myungsoo said happily though he's in a bit of pain because of all the hits. "Hyung is very stupid."

"Yes you are," Sungjong said loudly. "You're so stupid and I hate you but I like you and liking you makes me confused cause your stupidity is contagious."

"Sorry Jongie," Myungsoo smiled as he cupped Sungjong's cheek with his right hand and held Sungjong's left hand with his. "But liking someone makes anyone stupid."

"But I don't want to be stupid," Sungjong whined. "I have a physics test and I promised myself that if I get a high score then I'll tell Myungsoo-hyung how I feel! I can't be stupid now!"

"Then," Myungsoo started as he lied Sungjong down on his bed, which the younger obediently gave in. "I'll take away the stupid."

“Really?”

“Yup,” Myungsoo said with a smile. “Just close your eyes and count to 10 and then the stupid will go away.”

“Okay,” Sungjong said as he gently closed his eyes suddenly feeling how tired he is. “1… 2… 3... 4... 5... 6... 7-”

And then Sungjong couldn’t count anymore for sleep and fatigue of talking too much has finally won him over.

“Thought you could count up to 10,” Myungsoo whispered as he brushed Sungjong’s hair away from his face and then pulled the blanket to cover him.

Myungsoo then threw the box of chocolates, he mashed the remaining two chocolates before throwing it first so that Sungjong won’t eat them anymore, he then fixed the table they studied on so that Hoya won’t get irritated at the mess when he comes home from his pat time job with Woohyun. Before leaving though Myungsoo looked at Sungjong’s wall and saw that next to ‘Physics Final Exam >< HWAITING!’ was a small little ‘♥?’

Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile at this as he grabbed the same pen Sungjong used to write on his scheduler and placed another heart next to Sungjong’s covering the question mark.

“You don’t need a question mark to that Jongie,” Myungsoo smiled as he looked at Sungjong’s peaceful sleeping form before turning of his lights. “Though we’ll see who’s going to confess.”

Myungsoo closed Sungjong’s door lightly as to not wake the tired boy before leaving the apartment, he locked it first though, with light footsteps and a light heart cause a huge doubt was removed from his heart and was replaced by a huge wave of confidence and re-assurance.

‘♥♥’

 


 

 

this part has gotten way too long than my liking lol it reached up to 7 pages when i usually just write 4... curse you MyungJong and how pages fly when I write about you two >.<

so instead of 4 parts MyungJong will have 5 parts! yey! hopefully I can get the last part done faster cause there's only the confession left ^^

oh and I have completely no idea how one feels/acts when drunk :P so I'm going with my gut feeling here