09: Pay Up

Waking Up Next To You

‘Who knew he’d still let me attend school?’ She thought to herself as the bell went off. She packed her stuff quickly and headed for the school gates, only to find a crowd. As Miyeon approached she heard someone shout her name, “Hi Miyeon!!”

She found herself walking into the crowd and approaching the familiar stranger that called her name, “And you are?”

“Jaejoong told me to look after you!” The crowd became shocked and started chattering quickly amongst themselves.

“Jaejoong?”

“Isn’t he the son of –“

“THE KIM COMPANY?!”

Rumours again.

“I’m Junsu~ One of his friends! Don’t be scared of me, I’m a nice guy,” Junsu eye smiled her. She softened. He walked towards her and grabbed her hand, “Come on~ Let’s go eat something?”

She found herself quite enjoying her time with Junsu; he wasn’t scary or creepy like Jaejoong. “Do you like ice cream?”

“Yeah, I do. My favourite flavour is chocolate,” she told him neutrally

Miyeon and Junsu entered an ice cream store, “One chocolate cone and one strawberry please!”

~

“Ah, you must think Jaejoong is a big bully don’t you?” Junsu asked as he his ice cream cheerfully like a child.

He was a big bully. What human does the things he does? He must be an alien. 

Must be.

Alien Jaejoong.

Seeing she didn’t reply, Junsu took it as a yes.

“Sometimes I think he is too~” Little did he know that she was in her own world, imaging unfortunate things happening to Jaejoong.

Things such as getting stuck in a trash can, falling into a toilet, slipping on a banana peel, getting abducted by aliens –

“Hey I’m leaving now! Chunnie told me I have to do something for him!” Without even paying attention to him, she nodded unconsciously as she continued to daydream.

~

“Oh,” she looked up shocked to see that she was alone, “Where did he go?!”

Miyeon got up and began wondering around, “This must be my only free time..” she thought to herself.

Suddenly, she heard a loud bang coming from an alleyway. She paused to listen.

“Pay up.” One harsh voice yelled and then silence.

“Do you think we’d let you go?! You’ve owed us for a month already.” Another said with a cackle; a chill went down her spine.

“You now owe us,” he paused to calculate, “$10,000 without the daily interest charges. Making it… $100,000 with, now pay up.”

“I told you I don’t have that much money!” His voice was familiar. Miyeon closed her eyes to concentrate on his voice.

“If you’re ‘gonna lie, at least lie better. We saw you down at the clubs last night drinking the most expensive tequila out, and you’re here telling me you have no money?”

“Well I don’t have 100,000 for you,” his voice snapped back.

Joon’s voice.

She turned and peered into the alleyway; it was him.

She watched the strangers approached him as they continued to throw threats. It wasn’t until the extremely masculine one threw a punch at him when she finally reacted.

Her heart hurt to see Joon hurt.

Without thinking of any consequences, she ran towards them and covered Joon.

“Don’t hurt him.”

The man in front of her smirked, “Who’s this?”

“Oh you can take Miyeon, she’s just another I slept with a few weeks ago.”

Miyeon turned her head to see if whether he was joking; he wasn’t. Instead, Joon simply grinned at her and said, “It was nice playing with you,” before running off.

Miyeon now was left with a complete group of strangers, staring at her as if she were fresh bait. “Miyeon hm? Such a pretty name.”

“Coming from a dirty mouth.”

“And how do you know it’s dirty?” She flinched as he her face with his gentle, soft hands; she returned with a cold glare.

“I –“ But just as she was about to snap back at him, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID: Jaejoong.

Unwillingly, she picked it up:

“Where are you?”

“Junsu left me on the streets alone so I went wandering, why?”

“Because I want you home, now.”

“I don’t know the address, last time you picked me up.”

“Okay, where are you now?”

“In an alleyway.”

“Doing?”

“With a few strangers that look like they’re about to eat me. Come and save me,” she told him purposely. The group of strangers looked at each other shocked and decided to leave. She began grinning but the mean one turned around and mouthed, “I’ll be back,” with a smirk.

She shivered, “I’m –“

“Don’t worry, they left just now. I’ll wait at school.” And then she hung up.


A/N: don't really have anything to say =___= but well, let's all pray for japan since they just had an earthquake and a tsunami hit them! and also for the countries that are under the threat of a tsunami hitting them today/tonight.

hope you all stay safe!