05: Thunder and the Angelic Demon

Waking Up Next To You

Both of them sat on the bench after a heated conversation, it slowly died out.

“So, do you always wander around the streets this late at night?” He asked attempting to make conversation. The atmosphere was awkward, especially when it was this late at night. Not only but because she had a cold personality it made it even harder.

Her eyes continued looking down at the floor as she thought of a good answer. Joon used to tell her never to stay late at night in order to avoid erts and drunkards. If she had to, he would normally accompany her home making sure she was entirely safe before leaving. But the more she thought about how to answer him, the more she thought about Joon.

Joon.

Joon.

Joon.

Tears slowly filled her eyes. She tried to hold them in and hoped that they’d absorb back into her eyes but they a drop fell on the floor.

He bent down and looked at her, but she looked away. “Why? Do you have a problem with me wandering around late at night?”

Her words pierced through his heart; her words were extremely harsh and cold. Even though he had not known her for a long time, he couldn’t help but be intimidated by her.

“You’ve never told me your name,” he calmly told her attempting to change the topic.

She sat back up and stared at him with cold eyes, “It’s an ugly name.”

“Miyeon? That’s a pretty name for such a pretty girl,” Joon once said to her. Pretty name?

Pretty name.

“I’m sure it’s not ugly! Otherwise I wouldn’t have to think of a name to hide my own!” He told her with a smile, a faked smile. On the inside he was terribly afraid of her; initimidated. “She might eat me up,” he thought to himself.

Her eyes widened at his statement, “What’s yours? Tell me yours and I’ll tell you mine.”

He thought a little about the deal before completely agreeing, “Deal but you better not lie about your name. I’m Cheondung, real name: Sanghyun.”

“Cheondung? Like ‘thunder’?”

“Yep, I want to be like thunder; loud and scary. But my hyung’s always tell me I’m too innocent –“

“Your baby face, that’s why.” She finally let out a small smile; he’s a pretty boy too.

“Your turn!” He raised his voice to get her attention, “What’s your name?”

“Miyeon,” she stared into the park. The trees blew slightly with the wind as the crickets sang a song. The clouds blew unveiling the moon; it shone upon her flawless face.

“It’s a pretty name!” Thunder told her genuinely.

“Perhaps,” she replied.

~

She began to make her way home after she parted with Thunder at the sidewalk. It was late, extremely late.

Or was it early?

Late night, early morning; what difference did it make?

Her heart slowly sped up as she walked into the darkness. Her house was not far away from here and Byunghee was probably asleep. Her brother treasured his sleep, “If I don’t sleep well, I can’t sing well.” That’s what he said.

Her brother was a trainee at W Entertainment. It had been his dream since birth and because of his training, they slowly drifted apart. Byunghee still cared for Miyeon, just not as much.

They weren’t a wealthy family, nor were they poor but the suburb they lived in was not the best choice of one. Clubs and bars were set only a few streets away, leaving girls like her in danger, especially at night.

A cackle frightened her as she turned around to find where it was coming from. She began to speed up her pace but the laughter became louder and louder, closer and closer. She dare not turn around, only to look ahead.

A hand touched her shoulder and jolted her back; she was face to face with a few guys. She crinkled her nose at the smell of alcohol, “Disgusting,” she hissed under her breath.

“I’m sorry? Did you say something? Would you like to say it louder so we can hear it?” One spat out. His pale white skin contrasted against his jet black hair and brought out the green in his eyes; they were contacts. His nose defined his face along with his sharp chin. His fringe slightly swept over his eyes and his lips were the work of an angel.

He glared at her.

He glared at her with his luring but fearful green eyes.

The smell of alcohol and cigarettes filled her nose every time he took a breath. He was like an angel and a demon combined.


A/N: so we've met Thunder, now who's the next boy gonna be? green eyes, black hair, sharp chin, defined nose...

GUESS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW :D