12: Fun

Waking Up Next To You

“Fun?” Miyeon repeated to him as she tried to determine what ‘fun’ was. Couldn’t be that could it? She thought to herself.

L.Joe simply chuckled and taking her hand dragged her off. He quickened his pace as he felt a smile forming upon his face; butterflies tingled in his stomach. “L.Joe, snap out of it!” He accidentally said aloud.

“Sorry?” He paused and realised what he’d just done, “Uhhhh, nothing.”

Awkwardly, L.Joe picked up his pace again as Miyeon looked around puzzled.

They kept on walking,

And walking,

And walking until...

“Two students please!” Miyeon looked at the stranger who’d told her they’d have ‘fun’. L.Joe grinned at her as he collected the tickets and headed towards the gate of the amusement park.

“I’ve never been here before..” She glanced at the environment around her cheerfully. L.Joe took this as a chance to secretly slip his hands into hers; she froze.

Wait, Miyeon. He’s just playing with you. Don’t believe his bull; he’s just like Joon. She thought to herself. She removed her hands from his and strolled off without him.

“She’s gonna be a hard one,” he whispered under his breath before catching up to her.

~

“Isn’t it so fun?!” L.Joe yelled before the giant 40 storey high drop.

Whooosh

“Very,” she told him as he got off the ride. L.Joe tried to adjust his vision while feeling dizzy in his head. He took one step out of the car and then,

BAM.

He had fallen flat on his face.

“Hahahahaha!” He lifted his head up and saw Miyeon dying of laughter; I’ll get you back, he thought.

~

“Did you have fun today?” L.Joe smiled to her as they walked out of the now-closed amusement park.

She looked into the sky and saw the sparkling stars, “I guess,” she began, “But at first when you said ‘fun’, I thought you meant something else.”

“Do I look that bad to you?” He stared intensely into her eyes, “Hm?”

Miyeon felt her heart skip a beat but warned herself again.

“You look like some bad gangster who goes around conning people into paying more money than they should from what I’ve seen,” Miyeon bluntly replied with her head held high.

“I was just doing my job. Besides, your Joon owed me money and it was due.”

Miyeon turned around and glared at him, “He’s not my Joon and I don’t want any relations with him.

“Chill,” He told her calmly, “I was only kidding!”

“It wasn’t funny.” She immediately snapped back at him.

“Well, am I as bad as you thought?”

Miyeon thought for a while, she’d honestly had fun today and he hadn’t done anything bad to her, not yet anyway.

“Do you want me to take you home?” Miyeon turned around with an unreadable expression.

“It’d be better that you don’t know where I live and what kind of person I am; goodnight.”


A/N:  holidays. goodnight.