∞ (8)

Wings ∞

YAY! He had made it in time!

Minho had forgotten to bring his umbrella in his haste and had used his leather jacket to shield him from the small pellets of rain now falling from the sky. He saw about a bajillion flashes of lightning and heard enough thunder to make it seem like the end of the world.

He had just made it under the threshold of the warm office when it started to really come down. 

He walked over to the little desk and placed his time with the receptionist; it was going to take a while since Minho didn’t place an appointment by phone. 

Now, why was he here?

Chicken trauma? No, of course not.

HAH! Thinking about it made Minho laugh. That boy will believe in anything. Thinking of the gullible Taemin reminded Minho to tell him everything’s alright. Taemin was the kind to worry about everything.

He left Taemin a quick text message and also warned him to stay safe and stay indoors for the terrible weather.

~ “Today, the people of Seoul are experiencing some rather terrible weather!”

“Hah, I’ll say Sungmi-ah! As of right now, there are winds blowing from the North-east and we are expecting winds to blow about…80 miles an hour!”

“You’re kidding!”

“No, I am not. Expect the worst storm of the year! Now, we will be having pouring rain all night—

“Yes we expect about 3 inches of rain—

“So stay indoors! Speaking of the weather, I suppose we owe you an apology, citizens. Yesterday we stated there would be no rain or such weather today. In fact, I believe we said temperatures to up to 80…haha.”

“…We are eternally sorry…” ~

Minho whipped out his phone again.

BOARD UP ALL THE WINDOWS!

                                                -Minho

“Wow. Worst storm of the year, huh.”

A girl with long flowing brown hair turned away from the blaring TV to look at Minho. Her hair swished every time she flicked her head. She was wearing a cream-colored furry pea overcoat and a white beanie. Her black fingerless gloves held up a gossip magazine.

Minho nodded. “The news doesn’t lie.” He smirked.

She smiled, showing her perfect white teeth. She reached out her hand. “I’m—

“—IU,” he finished.

“Y-yes! And you’re…I know I’ve seen THAT face before…somewhere…a holiday special…,” she tapped her fingers together thoughtfully.

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?”

She gave him a small smile. “I’ve never seen much of idol guys, to be honest. And on top of that, I can’t remember faces for pho noodles!!” She blushed.

That’s a shocker! Like seriously a shocker. A beautiful girl like this should be out and about with men fondling her feet,Famous or not! “Choi Minho,” he introduced himself and shook her warm hand.

“Ahh! Yes! I absolutely adoreBinguel Binguel!!”

“Uhm…no. It’s SHINee.”

She blushed madly and dropped her magazine.

“I-I’m so sorry.” She bowed. “This always happens to me.” She banged herself on the forehead with the palm of her hand as punishment. Aigo. So cute.

“It’s fine. I get mistaken…quite a lot,” he lied.

“So you’re here alone?” He nodded. “Yeah, so am I. Just getting a checkup…I have the worst timing ever.” She scowled at herself and motioned to the weather outside. “And apparently so do you,” she shot at him playfully.

He merely chuckled.

“So do you have anyone waiting for you at home? I hope everyone’s safe.”

“Yeah, I do.” He thought of Taemin and wondered why he didn’t reply back. He always replied within a few minutes despite what time it was; the kid seriously had nothing better to do. “Me too.”

“Choi Minho,” the nurse called out. He got up as IU happily called out, “Good luck, oppa! Nice seeing you!”

She returned to her favorite section of her magazine, feeling rather content and happy.

~ “In other news, fan girls recently claim spotting SHINee’s Lee Taemin walking about the streets of Seoul today—

“--Quite rare with idols these days, eh Sungmi?”

~~~

“Choi Choi Choi Choi Minhoooo.” The old doctor contemplated his clipboard as he flipped a page.

“That’s me.”

“MMMMM yes call me Doctor Park. Yes, now what was it? Bad dreams, you say?”

He nodded.

“How bad? Any night sweats, shivering, aches, pains, diarrhea before or after these dreams?”

“N-no! They’re just very…visual…” He knew this was a bad idea. My diary can do the trick, I’m sure!

“AHA!” He smiled. “I know just what you mean,” he winked.

“Er…”

“Come onto here and lie down for me, Minho.”

“L-Lie down?” He nervously fidgeted and caused the reusable paper to crinkle underneath him.

“Go on, don’t be shy. I just want you to relax and tell me all about it.”

~~~

“Thank you again, Minho. Do not forget to come to me again if you they begin to disrupt your daily life.”

“Thank you very much, Doctor Park.”

So that was it, huh? I just confessed to a pedo-looking man about my gay fantasies er--  dreams. He stuffed the bottle of pills in the front pocket of his leather jacket. The doctor had given these for Minho to take; he was overstressed and that was most likely the reason why the dreams occurred.

He dragged himself out of the little office feeling rather depressed and into the waiting room. It was empty except what looked like a small lump bunched up on two chairs. Minho was shocked to see that it was…

IU.

She’s an idol for crying out loud! I’m surprised she didn’t get yet!

He walked over to her and laid a hand on her napping form.

Yah. IU?“ Her still form gave a snore.

“EYEEE YOUUUUHOOO?”

She didn’t budge.

He shook her even harder, rattling the two chairs together.

“YAHH! IT’S ME! WAKE UP!”

The receptionist lady laughed at him and shook her head. Great.

OH NO. WHAT IF THIS IS LIKE SLEEPING BEAUTY? Minho suddenly tensed.

“Don’t expect me to kiss you,” he growled at her.

“Nyeh? Oh no.. I feel asleep!” She frowned and rubbed her eyes.

“What are you still doing here? No one’s here! Appointments are closed because of the storm!”

“Ahh…yeah about that.” She yawned. “I guess my manager never scheduled my appointment because they never called me in! And I guess I sorta got tired of waiting…”

“You can’t be serious.”

“I am.” She actually looked miserable.

“Well, you have to leave now.”

“But what about you?”

“I’m leaving too.”

“Uhm, ok. Do you happen to have an extra umbrella, oppa?”

Minho stared long and hard at her. He had to hurry home!

He sighed. “There are no more taxis running in this weather. I’ll take you home.” He held out her hand and she took it, her eyes shining brightly.

“R-Really!?”

“Yes really, unless you have some other way of not bothering me and getting yourself home!”

“Nope! Let’s go!”

He tossed his favorite but ruined leather jacket over them as they ran outside, embracing the cold hard rain.