∞ (2)

Wings ∞

You don’t know me.”

~~~

“Taemin-ah, Don’t worry. Just jump it. You’re safe.”

Choi Minho gestured to the spot where he had just landed; just looking at the nervous Taemin made Minho feel even more anxious. He felt a sting of doubt. And it wasn’t from the biting cold.

They were in the mountaintops of Mount Fuji. They had stumbled upon a tricky spot on their hike; a ledge was jutting out of the mountain’s side, and the only way back was to jump the ledge onto the icy rock below.

Taemin tensed. He shuffled closer to the fragile edge and bent his knees; he hesitated.

“He doesn’t trust a bad, mean, hyung like you.” Jonghyun popped up beside him, wearing nothing but a fur skirt.

Key rested his elbow on Jonghyun’s shoulder. He was wearing green tinted aviators. The three of them looked up at a shivering Taemin. Key nodded. “I wouldn’t.”

“GO AWAY!” Minho roared. He was so damn close. “Taemin!”

“I-I really can’t. Go home without me.” Suddenly, crocodiles as green as a ripe lime came crawling towards the ledge, circling Taemin.

“I can’t! You need help!” Minho looked desperately around for Jonghyun and Key, but they were nowhere to be found.

The crocs their lips as if they had never found anyone who looked so tasty. Taemin stood there; the hurricane-like winds did not even push him off his spot. His feet lay planted firmly on the rock.

“Taemin!” He called. No answer. “TAEMIN!”

Oh no, Minho-hyung. It is not I that needs the help.” Taemin smiled maliciously, a darkness clouding his eyes.

The crocodiles stopped their circling. Like Taemin, they turned to face Minho, each with that look of burning want and death.

Minho did not get the opportunity to question. He felt something warm trickle down his head. He looked down at the once-icy rock floor to see that it was a pool of warm blood; it reached just above his ankle. He looked back at Taemin to see that he, along with the mountains and crocodiles were gone.

It was dark. He looked feverishly around him, grabbing at things that weren’t there. He felt like a lost puppy.

A girl with long, black hair stood before him. She had no face. It was white and blank; an empty canvas. She held out a hand to him. The movement was quick and decided. She clearly expected him to take it.

He reached…

~~~

Yaah. You two sleepyheads.”

He woke quite calmly. The late sun bled through the blinds, stinging his drowsy eyes immediately. He had taken off his thick jacket and was shivering. He tried to move his head but felt something pin it down in position. He craned his neck and saw that it was Taemin. He looked down at the fluffy white pillow abandoned on the floor and at the Taemin who had seeked refuge with Minho’s comfortable and warm shoulder.

He saw a flash.

“Awwh. Aren’t you two the cutest!” Key put down his camera and cooed at the photo.

“WHAT THE HELL! DO WE EVER GET ANY PRIVACY AROUND HERE?” He rubbed his eyes agitatedly with the palms of his hands.

“So you’re a couple now?” His eyebrows rose accusingly.

Minho’s cheeks felt a slight stinge. You shouldn’t be blushing. What the hell is wrong with you?

Taemin stirred on his shoulder and nuzzled into his neck, causing Minho to jump.

Key smirked and left, leaving Minho and his cheeks stinging in silent mortification once again.

It was silent; Taemin had resided back onto his shoulder. Minho wondered if he should open the blinds to see what time it was, or maybe go back to cloud gazing. The burning light of sundown would bother the snoozing boy. He remembered Taemin’s watch.

Carefully, carefully, he gingerly grabbed Taemin’s wrist from under his blanket. He held his wrist in his hand, making note of the time being a little over 3pm, when he noticed how fragile Taemin’s wrist was. In fact, how fragile his everything was. Fascinated, he held his fingers in his own hand, observing them.

“So this is what the so-called dancing machine is made of? My china is stronger than this.” He said it as a soft pity and adoration as opposed to an insult.

The same flight attendant walked past. She paused at their aisle and looked at their hands, Taemin’s delicate hand atop of his, then at Minho. She pursed her lips and gave Minho a look as if to say so this is how it is, huh?

Minho hissed and threw Taemin’s hand down—maybe a little too hard. But whatever, he thought. This kid’s a heavy sleeper.

He sighed, fighting back the third surge of stinging in his cheeks.

“yooshohldtrehtmehmoarghentuhlee,” Taemin slandered his words like a drunkard, obviously still groggy. He yawned and adjusted his head.

“Come again?”

“I said, you should treat me more gently.”

Minho looked down at the younger boy, to see that a smile played on his lips, but his eyes remained closed.

“And why should I?”

I’m fragile.” He was trying his hardest to fight back a smile; Minho could tell by the way he pursed his lips.

“…I thought you were asleep.” He felt ashamed.

Shh” Was all he could say at the moment.

~~~

“I AM JONGHYUN OF SHINEE! WE HAVE ALL ARRIVED IN ONE PIECE!”

“Hm. Funny how no one cares in Seoul, yet we get flocked by the hundreds when we don’t want to in Hong Kong…”

“We even announced our arrival on our fansite!”

“Fans these days.”