19 ∞

Wings ∞

“S-sorry, everyone!”

The two boys ducked in embarrassment as they quickly headed out of the now orderly and tidy room.

“They were never good at cleaning up after themselves,” Onew chuckled, plopping down onto the freshly made bed. His jet lag was getting the better of him.

“They are all very charming! So unlike what I expected!” Yuqi jumped on the bed and sat cross-legged beside him.

“Hm? What did you expect? An innocent dongsaeng, a big-headed Key, a know-it-all Minho?

She laughed, rubbing Onew’s arm.

“Sorry to ruin the surprise for you, but Jonghyun is a womanizing ert. I’m sure you two will get along like a sail and wind.”

“I’m sure we will.” She gazed longingly into the open window.

“Yeah.”

“Hmm.”

“…”

“There’s a full moon tonight!”

“I love you, Yuqi.”

“W-what? Oppa…!”

He flipped himself over and grasped the hand that rubbed circles onto his arm. He held her thin hand in both of his.

“I’m in love with you.” All traces of his dorky smile were gone. She stared into his face, apprehension rising.

Yuqi stared dubiously into his glowing brown eyes. Is he messing with me?

“I…I love you too, Onew. AISH! WHAT’S WITH THIS?!” She gasped as he guzzled into her neck, kissing everything he came in contact with. She jumped at the sensation of his hair and breath grazing her sensitive neck. “Onew…!”

“I—I want to make love to you!!!” He did not rise from his spot, claiming and emphasizing his desire.

“O-Onew…” She looked down, blushing terribly. It suddenly felt hot.

“If only we had that book, huh?” he said lamely.

She laughed and pushed him gently on the shoulder. “You’re so dumb.”

“Is that an approval?”

“I never said that!”

“So is that a no?”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Ah, a yes!”

“N-STOP THAT!”

Alas, her actions did not match her command as she pulled Onew closer against her body.

~~~

“DO AS I SAY!” Minho’s commanding voice bellowed. It reverberated throughout the house.

No one spoke for a moment.

“F-fine, hyung. If you’re really serious then…” Taemin ducked under his death glare and grabbed the shirt from his outstretched hand, heading to the bathroom.

“Stop. Right here.”

“Why!? OK, FINE.” Taemin did not need to be told twice. At least, when it was Minho.

Minho had bought Taemin a thicker and fluffier sweater. He came across it while out for his morning jog and just knew:

“This is Lee Taemin.”

Except it wasn’t. Taemin felt the fabric in his hands. It felt like a skinned lamb. He cringed and felt his knees go limp.

He loved lambs.

Lamb. Whatever.

He looked at his hyung as if to say, “Do I really have to?”

Minho nodded intently.

He had no other choice. It wasn’t like Taemin had a problem changing in front of Minho. It was FAR from that.

Siwon’s message was still there.

If Minho saw it, it would be code red.

But when Minho was keen on something, he wouldn’t let anything or anyone stop him.

It reminded Taemin of their little wrestling match.

He shrugged out of his sweater in exchange for the thicker and odder one. He barely got it below the silky-white stretch of skin above his waist when a hand stopped him.

“This won’t do,” he said glumly, shaking his head.

“I told you! You have bad taste.”

Minho shook his head again. “Take it off.”

The younger boy sighed. He pulled the itchy fabric over his head.

My plan worked! Taemin will do anything I say. So that message is still there, then. It won’t come off, huh?

Taemin stood shivering; was he going to give back his shirt or what?

“What does it mean?” He whispered gravely.

“What does what mean?” Taemin asked in an equal tone.

Staring down, he came over to the boy and laid a warm thumb on his milk-white skin, right on the “CS.”

He flinched at the touch, and, closing his eyes, he shook his head. “It’s over, hyung.”

“That’s not what it looks like.”

“It’s been over a week already.”

“Taemin, you don’t know that!”

“WELL, I DON’T KNOW A LOT OF THINGS, APPARENTLY.”

“Taeminnie, I’m just saying –

“What, Minho? Leave me alone. Please give me back my shirt.”

“Minnie, please, I need to know!”

“You can’t babysit me forever.”

He tossed the sweater over his shoulder, not caring to put it back on, and returned to the bedroom.

He slammed the door with a bang, feeling his annoyance and anger growing with the aftershock of his actions.

Did I really just…DISOBEY MINHO?!

He threw the severed lamb skin on his bed with a slap before throwing himself onto it as well.

He the flat expanse of skin, feeling old scars sting as if they were still bleeding.

~~~

“You really have an eye for this sorta thing, huh?”

IU smiled shyly at his comment.

“Thank you, oppa.”

“But Minho hates this sorta stuff. No offense, he wouldn’t want it. I’ll take it off his hands.” He took the bento box and stowed it away in the fridge.

“Oh. I’ll remember that next time.”

“Yeah, well. There’s A LOT you don’t know about Minho-hyung. Did you know he enjoys watching ?”

“WHAT!? N-no…I…did not…”

“And Protective Minho can be sorta cute, but trust me. It gets annoying.

“Oh... I’m sure he only means well of it…”

“Hoh boy. You’re wrong dee dong dong. It’s all part of his athletic image. Except the . Minho likes it like that.”

“Oh…” She did not know why the innocent maknae of SHINee was telling her all this. This was different than that fragile boy whom Minho carried deafly through the raining streets of Seoul for. She played with her fingers.

Taemin chuckled darkly.

 “I better head back now.” She grabbed her bag full of assorted snacks she had made for Minho.

“No, wait, silly girl.” He grabbed at her wrist violently and pulled her into him, making her stumble on her own steps.

She stared at him, bewildered. What the fudge…?

His eyes were completely concealed with his blonde fringe of hair, casting an eerie shadow over his face.

Come hither,” Taemin whispered softly, stepping closer to her.

Instinctively, IU pulled her arm back as far as it could go, and released.

The whole bag of baked snacks contained in tin lunch boxes crashed with full force onto the boy’s cheek.

He staggered back, shock and anger pulsing through him.

What in the actual …” He muttered forebodingly and bent over, groping at the bruising spot in pain.

“I’M SORRY!!” And with that, she fled through the door, bags jingling against each other in her departure.

~~~

“Look who came back.”

He had a large white medical bandage covering his entire left cheek. He was playing with an empty can of soda, looking angry and forlorn. It had barely been five minutes.

She had barely run the length of the long driveway before stopping herself. She had sat down on the concrete floor, debating whether she should go back or not.

Her good integrity won over her and she stumbled her way back to the house; the bag/weapon gripped tightly in her hand.

IU’s eyes widened at the damage. Wow. My self defense classes are actually paying off.

“Oppa, I realize that was reckless of me.”

Taemin’s nostrils flared with anger. He shook it off and calmed himself down. It’s not worth it!

“But it was still reckless and unmannerful of you!” She blushed with anger. She was not used to blaming anyone; she hated pointing out the flaws and wrongs of others. “If you want to blame someone, blame yourself first!” Her mother’s words pierced her like daggers.

“Unmannerful isn’t a word,” he spat.

She scowled.

“Why can’t you like me?” He asked. He rested his head on an elbow, pouting.

“I…Oppa…” Why am I feeling flattered?

He started drawing circles on the cool granite counter. He looked so pitiful.

She smiled and sat beside him. “You can’t make someone like you by putting your best friend down!”

He sighed and looked straight into her eyes. “Why Minho?”

She choked on her spit. “Huh?”

“Why do you like Minho? WHY HIM?!”

“I-I don’t like Minho-oppa!”

“Yes you do noona. You make him food and the way you are when he’s around… it’s like… no one else is in the room but you two. You gaze at him until you can picture that perfect image of him in your mind, wishing nothing more than to dream of him that night. He’s all you see.”

“Wow…Taeminnie…that was beautiful. And wait, how would you know that?!”

“It’s not that hard, noona,” he said, rolling his bright brown eyes.

She gulped.

He grasped her hand, squeezing it tightly as if trying to force the answer out of her. “Why do you like him?”

“I don’t!”

“Ok then. Go out with me.”

“What!?”

“Go out with me, noona. Just once.”

“Taemin…it’s so nice of you, but,” she paused.

“But what?”

“I can’t.” she stared at her fingers as if they were a math test she forgot to study for. “ Because…”

Taemin raised his eyebrows, drumming his fingers lightly on the counter. Feeling impatient, he growled. “BECAUSE WHAT? Don’t leave me hanging!”

“ Because…” . What the hell do I say?

The older boy slammed his down on the cold surface, making IU jump.

 “BECAUSE I’M IN LOVE WITH MINHO-OPPA!” Tears welled in the girl’s eyes. She quickly covered in complete shock.

I need to work on keeping things to myself,she noted.

“But, Y-YOU CAN’T!”

 “W-what do you mean?” it was her turn to stutter.

He pouted once again and crossed his arms. He couldn’t tell her. So he lied.

“Because Minho loves someone else.”

“Oh.” Of course.

WHY CAN’T SHE LIKE ME!?!? I’m just as good Minho. Maybe even better.He glowered.

“I think I’ll go now. Sorry again about your face, Taemin.”

He rubbed at the spot as if mentioning it made it sting.

Don’t you dare cry. She opened the door to reveal a giant wall of rain and sighed in relief.

She let the tears flow shamefully on her way home without disturbance.

~~~

“Because Minho loves someone else.”

That’s right, noona.

Minho’s reign of dominance over me ends now.

Because from now on

I mark him as my enemy!


Please don't forget to comment!

>w<

til next time! 

AD