21

Wings ∞

"I told you! I am not in the mood!"

"Just 2minutes, I promise.."

HHAHA I UPDATED.

i'M REALLY LAZY.

Going to keep on going til I crash and burn!

I sense a low fuel tank too D;

But after CSTs are DONE n OVER, I will make a pitstop at a gas station and refuel on engine fuel, and then hopefully keep this plane gliding!

Yeah! You like my metaphors? :3

It’s ok if you don’t.  


There have been worse things.

Of course there has.

NO THERE ISN’T; NOTHING IS WORSE THAN THIS!!!!

 “UGH!” Key smashed a fist down on the pillow beside him just as the door flew open, revealing a dark silhouette. He quickly froze in position and shut his eyes until the last gleam of light disappeared along with the door.

He could see the black shadow move towards the closet and strip off his shirt and jeans. It then climbed into the bed next to the shivering boy.

It squirmed uncomfortably before settling closer next to Key, who at once forgot how to breathe and drew in a strangled breath.

Jonghyun sighed, facing the younger boy. He could feel his breath the tip of his nose.

“Key?”

Key snored loudly.

He could still feel the cold lingering on Jonghyun’s body as he squirmed closer, and Key noticed that he was fidgeting with something in his hand. Jonghyun did not stop moving until both of their backs were pushed firmly against each other. Key gritted his teeth in response.

Suddenly, he felt the vibration of his phone under his pillow. He made a grab at it and stuffed it under the blanket before consulting the tiny screen.

                How was your day today yeobo? ^_^~~

Jjongie : 12:42:57

Key did not dare look over his shoulder at the now motionless body beside him.

He had to consider his options.

1.       This was not Jonghyun.

2.       There was a stranger in his bed, because Jonghyun would never do something this corny.

 

O___________________________o

He clicked “send.” There was no beep at the opposite end, but Key could distinctly hear the tapping of keys.

So. Damn. Corny.

But he felt a cozy sensation at the bottom of his stomach, similar to the feeling of buying a new car or purse.

I get him all to myself tonight. So on that, Shin Se—who!

                Kekeke not going to tell your hyung then? Fine. See you in dream land, ke ~ But if I were you I’d stay awake all night because I’m already a dream come true ~~

 

                Pffffft Never gonna tell YOU! Goodnight

The other end was painstakingly quiet. Key flipped his phone open.

                It was alright I guess.

 

                Coolcoolcool. ^^^^^~

More silence. Another message from Jonghyun followed after.

                But how have YOU been?

How have I been? Gee, I don’t know. How would someone feel if their best friend ditched them on their birthday to have with a girl?

There were more options to consider.

1.       Expose Jonghyun and make him feel like the that he is or

2.       Lielielie

I’ve been good.

Key could hear the strangled and hesitant typing from the other side. He waited.

                That’s good.

Another vibration.

                Speaking of good, I had a good piece of cake when I came home today...

 

                How lovely ~(>^_^)>

               

The wasabi gave it a wonderful subtle touch. So amazing.

               

                ???

               

                Ok cut the crap!!!!  If you wanted to have a party without me couldn’t you have gotten some non-ty cake?! My tongue continues to scorch! (;^;  *)!!!

 

Key felt himself go numb at once. He flipped his phone shut and angrily stuffed it into the depths of his pillow.

If Jonghyun weren’t such an , he felt he would probably feel guilty for lacing his cake with wasabi.

But he was.

The biggest in all the land.

                Ok fine. You idiots eat whatever you want >> But one more thing  ^-^~

 

                And then can I sleep??

 

Key could not help but feel his body tingle in anticipation. Did this mean Jonghyun actually remembered? Was he going to serenade him, when everyone was asleep?!  

Ok. Jonghyun is totally the MASTER at stuff like this. He makes you hate him, but then he makes you love him again.

                Do you think Minho is a pink person? O^O? Who likes pink?

Pink? Are you ting me? HELLO! PINK SCREAMS KEY, FOR GODSAKES.

For Key, that was the last straw. He jammed the phone into the pillow, gritting his teeth violently. There was rustling on the other end.

“Kibum?” He could sense Jonghyun turning over. Key hoped he enjoyed the view of his back, because that’s all he’d get tonight. He clapped a hand on his shoulder, but Key pushed it off. “…Key?”

He could feel the pulse on his forehead bulge with anger as he covered his body with the shared blanket.

“So it’s like that then. You’re gonna leave me for the cold? Fine, I can play like that too!” Jonghyun snagged the blanket off him, revealing Key clad in his hello kitty boxers.

“Yah!” He hissed, barely aware of the other sleeping bodies around them. He made a grab for it but Jonghyun had stuffed the majority of the cloth under his body, rendering it impossible for Key to retrieve.

He looked like a fat caterpillar.

Time for your metamorphosis…!

He withdrew his leg, and kicked back at the wrapped body. Jonghyun rolled the length of the bed, trapped in the blanket, before crashing down on the floor. Key, feeling satisfied but genuinely shocked at the same time, peered over the edge of the bed to see Jonghyun sprawled all over the floor, face down.

He was groaning with pain.

Key signed an L with his thumb and index finger before cuddling back into his sheets, a smile etched evilly on his face.

~~~

 Taemin shook his head as he snapped the phone shut. Minho, as a sign of forgiveness, had left a box containing a new cell phone on the end of his bed, for his old one had gotten water damaged.

So new and state-of-the-art. I wonder if it will sink or float…

Taemin made his way to the outdoor pool, which was just one of those little inflatable ones. Onew had promised his girlfriend to take her swimming in their “extravagant outdoor heated” pool last night.

Taemin glared loathingly into the water.

Minho can’t bribe me with nice . He may get the girl, but he won’t have me too!

No. No, he’s always had his way, ever since middle school.

I will make her mine too.

“HEHHEHHEH!!!!” He raised it over the sun-reflected surface, but a flash of light caught his eye. He had pressed something, for the phone was alit and flashed the wallpaper.

It was an old picture of the two boys, dressed in their school uniform. Their hair was distressed by the wind and their expressions like Christmas morning. Taemin, barely different than today, was riding on Minho’s shoulders. He remembered that day. In fact, it was the day he had had a seizure, despite the symptoms ceasing after a whole year.

That was the only thing he remembered. That and Minho pestering him to ride on his shoulders after he had stopped twitching, probably because he was happy that Taemin had made it alive once again.

He wondered what sick ert would even take a picture of them like that.

Taemin frowned. The phone felt really nice in his hands. It was new, practically better than Jonghyun’s version. So lightweight…so slick…

Ebay it is!

He skipped back into the dorm, but the maknae’s smile faded from his face as he heard two voices relapse into secret giggles in the hall. They were those kind of giggles that said “LMFAO I CAN’T BELIEVE HE SAID THAT!” or “ROFL WOW, HE REALLY WAS UGLY BACK THEN!”

Minho and IU were crouched on the floor together, their heads bent as they bobbed in joyful, quiet laughter.

“I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE!” Taemin shouted. He went over to the pair as they jumped in shock at his sudden appearance, blushing deeply like they were stealing cookies, and pulled IU by the arm, dragging her away from their little tea party.

“Taeminnie! I see you’ve got the phone,” Minho smiled and nodded at the shiny object in his hand.

“Oh, this ugly thing? Jonghyun must’ve thought it’d be funny to plant it there. He knows how much I hate cellular devices.”

“Oh…of course,” Minho scratched his head.

“Let’s go,” Taemin said, linking their arms together.

She blushed and looked from Taemin to Minho. “Er…where oppa?”

“Uhmm, the coffee shop!” He smiled. He knew how much Minho loved that place.

“Go ahead, I have my cleaning to do,” Minho said at IU’s pained look.

Which was total BS. “Cleaning” actually meant looking at . Or stock prices. Or something stupid like that.

“I’ve got something for you,” Taemin skipped happily beside the girl once they reached the main road, whose arm was still trapped firmly in his.

“Taemin, y—“

“Look at those clouds!” He pointed up at the sky while he leaned over to pluck a full-bloomed rose from a close hedge.

She put a hand to her forehead to shield it from the light. “Clouds? The sky is full of them, it’s just grey—“ Her eyes widened at the flower. “Where did that come from?”

“My heart.” He weaved it into her silk brown hair. She opened to say something but ditched it as they entered the warm and friendly café.

He swung his legs as they ordered coffee (Taemin’s surprisingly NOT decaf for once); IU avoided looking at him. “Someone’s happy today,” she said offhandedly. She looked dejected as she stared at the gloomy sky.

“I’m always happy with you, noona!” She felt her heart ache a little. This kid is so damn good at tweaking my motor. Be still, my beating heart. He’s not that cute!

But, he was. The way he swung his legs despite how tall he was. The way his golden hair the edges of his face. The way his pink faded lips worked and moved casually to form little pouts for no apparent reason.

God’s definition of cute.

“Whatever, Taemin, listen. You were right.” He ceased his foot swinging.

I’m right? I’m right!! “About what?”

“About…Minho liking someone else.”

Woah. Hold the up. I made that up…and if anything, I thought Minho likes YOU!!!

But he contained his poker face.

“Of course. I wondered when you’d find out.”

“Why are you doing this to him then?”

“Because…I like you,” he answered perplexedly.

“But…but…Minho-hyung…” She pulled at her hair stressfully before slumping down on the table.

“Don’t fret about it,” he said as he slid down to her level. “Minho has found his someone now, and now it’s time you gave the one person who actually likes you a chance.” He laid a hand atop hers and smiled his most charming smile. You know. That smile that makes everyone’s drop with mercy.

She raised her head from the table. “You…are making no sense.” Their coffees arrive, but both ignored the steaming cups.

“Huh?”

She shook her head and stared confusingly at him.

“Ok, wait a second. Who on earth does Minho like?”

“I thought you knew,” she said aghast.

“No, I never knew! I thought he liked you, so I made that up so you can like me!”

“Y-you thought he liked me?”

Taemin leaned back in his chair and nodded angrily. “Don’t think I didn’t see you two giggling together this morning.”

She laughed, and did not stop. It reverberated on the walls.

It was getting annoying, and everyone was starting to stare at the pair of them.

“Ok, shut up! I was wrong, ok!” He pouted. I’m NEVER right!! WHY?!

She wiped a tear before subsiding to a low chuckle.

“You were wrong by a thousand miles.”

“So…who does he like then?” Taemin asked offhandedly as he picked up his warm cup of coffee. It was probably the mail lady. Or that one makeup noona. Or heck, even Shin Se Kyung. Minho was always flirting and leading them on…

This tastes…TERRIBLE! No wonder Minho always made me drink non-caffeinated.

IU the little menu place card, twirling it by its corners. “Minho likes you.”


Oh..right.

My text messages are stupid and very bad.

Very bad.

LOL