Chapter 9

Completion

       Mentally apologizing to Chen, I ran away deeper into the still humid forest. The sun just barely peeking out of the horizon. Running for at least a mile, I slowed down to a fast paced walk, spinning Suho's hearts on my pointer finger. Studying my fingers three were filled with rings, and Baekhyun's pretty ringlet. I had two more days to find two more rings. Insanely gorgeous Kai and perfect D.O. left.
      They were just so perfect. Maybe EXOPLANET was a mini Andromeda galaxy? In contrast, the recoverer world in appearance was way more, outdated? Well I'm just saying, our looks don't compare at all to the boys. The elite did look better than norm recoverers what with the collection of hair products Luhan uses, but still no comparison to the boys. They had ageless skin and features, like their blood held revitalization. Absolutely exquisite. And D.O.'s milk rich eyes? I didn't understand how pure and clean they could be, also when his pupils were a solid dark brown too! Sighing at my plain features, I realized the jungle was empty.
      Yes there was plants and nature, but there wasn't any wildlife. Not a single bird or swinging slot in sight. The ground insect less, not even an ant in view. Sniffing, there was a pungent odor, like...poison.
--
      Turning around, there was a misty blurry green cloud. Sticky from the humid air, it surrounded the jungle trees, driving away any life. I heard a loud crack and I was gone. Sprinting away from anywhere but here, I knew I was in danger and I had to flee. Jumping across a stream, I disappeared onto a dirt road. Trying to catch my breath I heard a gunshot, watching the birds in the sky fly away with panic. I wish I was a bird, I could just fly away from the place, my nerves pulsing with danger.
      Splash. I heard the water in the stream slosh. A gun was reloaded, the handle fastening with a click.
      "Give it to me. Now." Chen yelled, every word, hardening his face. I smirked, he couldn't and wouldn't do it. His face said killer, but his eyes held doubt. I scoffed, shaking my head in dissaproval.
      "Give it." He snickered again, shoving the gun's turret in my face. I shook my head again, refusing to give away Suho's heart.
      "Fine." He answered, making a show of slowly pulling the latch back, ready to fire a bullet. I danced around him with ease, knowing he couldn't do it. Having enough of this little play time, I started to walk away, my mind cocky with the pleasing outcome. But it immediately vanished, telling me something was wrong. In the same second Chen backed away, released his finger from the latch, and pierced a bullet into my back.
      Crumpling to the ground, I glared, Chen's eyes mixed in with disbelief and approval. He tried to snatch away the ring, the treasure sparkling in his eyes. Wounded and slipping away from consciousness, I tripped Chen, his gun falling to the ground. Holding onto my back, I kicked away the gun, escaping the only thing in mind. Already on my feet, I ran forward into the sun looking behind me to see Chen undecided, looking for the gun and at me. Not caring what he chose I ran with every step piercing the bullet deeper into my back, only to be dragged into darkness.
      My feet fell, my eyes slowly blocking out light with a dark circle. I was falling, into a, a hole. My back saved me, leaning on the shrinking walls, poking the bullet in my back. Then the small light above me joined the darkness, pulling me deeper into the hole.
--
      Someone hummed, my hair. I felt warmth and slow breaths above my face. Apparently I had just woken up, because I was lying on Suho's lap. I looked around me, we were in their preserve chamber, all the boys were walking around the room, all except Kai and D.O. Not understanding why my two favorites weren't awake, I sat up looking Suho in the eyes, only to be greeted by the bloodly bullet still in my back. He smooth my hair, telling me to calm down. His voice was a remedy, settling my nerves.
      "But-But why...aren't D.O. and Kai--awake?" I stuttered out, still amazed at Suho's voice. His face fell, not wanting to answer.
        "Oh! this is just a dream right? That's why" I changed the subject, not liking Suho's sad expression.
      Sehun and Chanyeol only smiled back at me, still silent. Suho bit his lip, sighing and gazing at my eyes. I touched his face, wincing at the pain from my back, he stayed still, but he seemed different than earlier when I had just woken up. I rubbed my eyes, a weird itch burning my pupils. And when I looked back at Suho, he was gone.
--
      It was a dream, I sat up, reality slapping me in the face, my back stinging. Replacing Suho's hovering body, was Min Seok's. It was SM in Suho's place, still ruffling my hair. I gasped and backed away, my back hitting the wall, sending the bullet deeper into my back. Cursing at Chen, SM chuckled, sitting comfortably with his arms crossed, enjoying my pain.
      "What are you doing here," I glared, ready to activate any of the rings. He replied with a shrug, standing up and dusting himself off. I suspiciously cocked an eyebrow, still in a defensive stance. He calmly walked around the, room. Or lab looking area. We were in a advanced high tech place, flashing buttons and machines, covered the walls.
      "Now Seohyun, all I need is your help," He answered casually, eyeing the rings on my hands.
      "Then we both can be on our way to find the next ring," He said, wiping lint of of his black sweater.
      "Help with what? Next ring? Your talking like you need my help to get a ring." I snickered, while he rolled his eyes and pointed at something at the end of the room. His looks were such a waste, his rudeness was such a turnoff.
      "Tsk tsk," I sighed following his hand. On the wall, in a clear small box was Kai's ring. I ran to it, touching the box, to be welcomed by a shock. I ran away, back to SM's arms oddly, while he blinked like this was normal, his arms still around mines. Awkwardly pushing him off, he went off to fix his hair in a reflective mirror, ignoring me if I wasn't of use to him.
      "So...are you gonna do something?" He mumbled, pushing a wisp of fly away hair down. I didn't answer, he couldn't be trusted, but he wouldn't leave either. I nodded, getting an eyebrow twitch of approval. Wanting to avoid another shock, I lay in the middle of the lab table, pondering on which ring to use.
      "Hmmmm..." I felt SM's eyes on me, shooting him a dagger like look as he put up his hands in defense. I pointed at the box, Suho's ring spilling out water on the electricity. Nothing happened, I guess water wasn't a conductor in this case. Min Seok watched, looking bored, flicking the dust on the floor. Studying his random interest on the floor, he swiped his hand on the silver floor, uncovering EXOPLANET. I gasped, falling to the floor, my back starting to ache. Min Seok poked the bullet, my flesh raw and bare, grossingly my blood, he went back to studying the picture on he floor.
      EXOPLANET was etched on the floor, and then I realized we were in the EXOMACHINE, SM nodding at his thoughts. Scolding myself for not realizing earlier, the key or whatever to open the box was right under my nose. Though I didn't know what exactly it was, it was here.
      Studying the room, I focused on the walls, some button, some machine, some contraption will safely unlock the box.
      "Aye, come here." I pulled up Min Seok from the floor and pushed him at the shock box. Laughing evily, as the electric current made him faint. Now that he was out of the way, I studied the wall the box was on. On the left and right side there were two impressions. Sehun's and Chanyeol's rings looking as if they'd "fit" into the wall.