Chapter 5

Completion


I thought Chanyeol's heart was next ? Not Suho's ? I knew Chanyeol's heart had something to do with heat, which most likely meant fire. And I knew Suho's was water for sure. Did the misread the scroll wrong?
      Nope, it was Chanyeol's after Sehun. But doesn't water put out fire? Why did Sehun's heart lead me here? Wading in the water until it was up to my waist, I tried to use Sehun's ring for help.
      Flicking my wrist, the water didn't move. Trying again: No outcome. Thinking of what to do I only came up with one conclusion: submerge. I had to dive in the water, and hope I would even get an idea of where to find Chanyeol's heart.
      Holding my breath, I dove into the ocean water. Scaring a school of fish, they swam farther away into the blurry sea. I simply paddled along, waiting for something to happen.
      Floating on my back, I watched the sun travel across the sky. Judging by the dimming orange yellow color, it was gonna be sundown quite soon. Four more days, to find four more hearts. Four more days to protect and complete the boys' bodies. And only four more days to beat SM.
      SM or Kim Min Seok, was a young guy. Only twenty-three, but with a young mind, comes very young and unconditional decisions. He was like the "bad, evil" guy in movies, as humans would describe it. But this time it wasn't a movie.
      It was my life, the boys' life, everyone's life and it all depended on me. I had to find and return the boys' hearts , and if I did I'd complete them, and my mission. And if I didn't complete it in time? We all die. Humans and recoverers.
      If SM got a hold of the rings and their powers, we'd all be gone before you could say EXOPLANET. His philosophy was that one ruled, controlled, desired like a king. And the rest of us, we're to full fill those needs. His philosophy was pretty much the human definition of dictatorship.
      It had some positives but also negatives. I personally wouldn't want to live in a life, with so many negatives. And I don't think you would either. So much to do in so little time, and I wasted that time by thinking and modding off to sleep.
--
      I was woken up by a sudden jerk, pushing me underwater. Looking under the surface to the bottom of the ocean floor, it was completely empty. Not a single living organism or a path of coral. Not a sprig of seaweed or a speck of color.
      Just a sandy, light reflected ocean floor. Squinting I realized I was wrong. There was a small blurry circular movement, four yards from where I was. Watching it, it just got stronger and stronger, it wasn't moving but it wasn't getting any calmer.
      It hit me when It was exactly one yard away: I was looking at a growing, highly active...whirlpool.
--
      I frantically swam back to the top, only reaching the surface for another gulp of oxygen, before I was back under. I was drowning, but then again I wasn't. I felt calm in this explosive commotion of water. Why?
      This was the same exact thing as the quicksand. If you panic, you'll only interfere with the entrance. I concentrated, closing my eyes, trying to feel for the bottom.
      One step, nothing, two steps nothing, three steps; a crevice. Digging my foot under the crack, kicking the tile somewhere, it revealed a microwave size hole. Using my last breath, I emerged into a torch lit room.
--
      Spiting out the salty water, I swallowed all the oxygen I could. Huffing and puffing, I looked up at the ceiling, seeing all six of the boy's hearts. [Insert your EXO drawing]
      D.O.'s pretty, jagged, sharp edged heart. Chanyeol's fire looking bird or as humans would call it, a "phoenix" or even a "hunger games" symbol. Suho's teardrop shape, Sehun's wind wisps, Baekhyun's sun, and Kai's...triangle?
      I crossed my arms, why wasn't his as detailed as the others? Standing up to admire it better, it was filled with intricate circle designs inside. Counting all six, I almost tripped over a...a sundial.