Chapter 6

Completion

  It was huge, it pretty much made up the whole floor of this "room." But why would there be a sundial in a room that gets absolutely no sunlight??? Only thing lit at all was the torches on the walls. Though the torches weren't the only thing on the walls.
      Pictures. Not carved or drawn pictures, but camera taken pictures. Judging by how shiny and laminated the pictures were, they were recently took. It wasn't the luminosity or sundial with no sun that puzzled me, it was the...me.
      My familiar face was plastered and pinned all over the place. Baby, infant, and toddler, me decorated the walls. They all had...boys in them. Every few pictures were different, me being grown up just a little more than the previous photo, and they each had a different "boy" in them.
      I didn't have any siblings, or parents (that I knew of) so maybe it was Tao or Luhan? I knew the elite three ever since I could walk, but they didn't resemble the boys in the picture at all. Dumbfounded I continued to study the photos, trying to recall just one of them.
      An odd feeling corrupted my thoughts...it felt like the hot humid desert air...but I was "inside," so no sun to fuel it. The feeling started traveling down my spine where it started from my shoulder, turning around I was ignited. Ignited in the torch flames my clothes had seemed to pick up. Jumping around with panic, I tripped on a pebble sending me and the flames to the floor.
      Wait. This was part of training. Stop, drop, and roll! Already on the floor, I rolled, (like a buffalo, LOLOLOL! I made a punt! Okay, back to the scene) putting out the flames...on my back at least. The flames extinguished from my back, but were still crackling on the dusty floor.
      Flames couldn't stay alive without having something to burn? I only observed the surface, seeing just dust. Moving my foot from its position on the floor, it dragged some dust along with it, pretty much telling me what I was suppose to do. Oh! Of course! Clear away the dust!
      Sitting on my knees, I blew away the dust, the flames still unfazed and crackling. The flames were burning off of something... That something was a wax covered rope. Standing up, I kicked away the rest of the dust on the sundial, uncovering a complete maze of rope.
      Standing back to admire the masterpiece, I knocked off another torch off the wall by accident, sending it straight to the floor. Needing just a spark to touch the wax dipped rope, it followed a different path on the sundial. The sundial was on fire; like it was supposed to be.
--
      Only now understanding the connection between the torches and the sundial, I went to work. Carrying torches three at a time, I threw them at the floor, the flames following the wax immediately. I tossed torch after torch at the floor, until the ground was engulfed in flames. Right after the last torch was thrown, "something" clicked. The sundial's thin hand shifted, and the sundial itself disappeared.
      Leaving an enormous black hole, and a rising pillar in its place. The pillar was a creamy ivory, like Sehun's skin and it had intricate designs etched on its surface. The pillar stood height to height with me, Chanyeol's heart beaming still in the center.
      My impulses beating me, I almost fell into the endless dark hole, my eagerness mocking the distance between Chanyeol's heart and I. Now the challange was, how would I get the ring without falling to my death? Sighing, I rested my chin on my hands. Sehun's ring catching a glare, making me squint. Aha! Sehun!  Bless this cutie, I kissed the ring, knowing what I had to do.
      Flicking my wrist, Chanyeol's heart fell in my hands, cold from being in the darkness so long. I stood still, praying there wasn't any triggered traps. Adding in a keep-my-six-special-boys-safe saying. But you know there's always some kind of event to battle. Why (for the elite three's best)? Because I jinxed it.

(Meaning I made something happen, by praying something wouldn't)
--
      SM was gaining. Time was moving. Darkness was moving. And I wasn't talking about the sun descending the sky, I was talking about the space between the now empty pillar and I. Darkness moved or say "morphed" into a sea of Baekhyun hair colored scorpions. I ran around the small room, being backed up into a corner by milk chocolate colored scorpions.
      My back hit the picture covered wall, sending an unseen picture into my view. It was SM? In human street clothes and he was...young. I mean he still is he's twenty-three, but in the picture he was my age, and with a little me? And well, cute, er handsome I mean.
      I bent down to pick up the picture, forgetting about it when a scorpion jumped on my hand. Flailing my hand around, Chanyeol's ring went flying. Not looking (or caring) at where I was stepping, I grabbed for the heart. It bounced off the wall, and landed right on my ring finger on my right hand.
      The scorpions gained on me, about to touch my feet. Waving my hands around and closing my eyes through panic, I heard the little legs stop walking. Cracking an eye open the little pests were running away... From me?
      Suspiciously cocking an eyebrow, the scorpions were still crawling away. Looking around I was still intact and the room was. Was my unbrushed hair and dusty jumpsuit "THAT" frightening?
      That same odd feeling that came when my back was on fire came up again. Slowly moving my eyes to my fingers, Chanyeol's heart was on fire. Bewildered, I studied the ring. A fire decorated phoenix. http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/20232445/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/exo-symbol-chanyeol_design.png
--
      "Ugggh! Where is the exit in this place?!?" I paced between the small room, attempting (unsuccessfully) to push the walls. I blew a loose strand of my hair out of my face, frustrated. Accidentally blowing some of the rings ongoing fire with it. The fire traveled in wisps, settling on the  photos on the wall. Watching evidence of my happy six different boy filled past, burn in front of my eyes.

Author's note/P.S. :
This chapter was long compared to the others wasn't it? I was reading the old chapters and realized I have too many! I'm not writing enough in the chapters, and this story isn't suppose to be too long! There's only been two rings found in six chapters! That's a lot! So from now on, I'm writing longer chapters! There shouldn't be no more than 10 chapters if chapters go as planned. I don't want to make it too long because people won't read it :( Well that's all! Hope you guys keep supporting and subscribing (: Feedback through comments is appreciated! Enjoy! Annyeong(hasaeyo)!