Chapter 4

Completion

  What could "on and off" possibly mean? On and off where? On and off what? I thought when I got a heart, everything would just fall into place? Guess not.
      Wandering the lifeless and dry desert until the started to rise, I saw the first hint. I hadn't see any piece of life, plant, animal, anything. Until I saw an adapted lizard.
      It was dark red, like dried blood, and it was scurrying around on the sand. It looked like it was...searching for something. Having no idea what to do, I followed it.
      It just kept crawling on the hot sand, until it's head twitched and it ran faster towards something. Looking farther I saw it reach a hollow branch. A dry, lifeless, dead branch. The lizard crawled into it, and immediately fell asleep...or dead?
      But then I knew what to do: I had to put the ring on. I had to my Sehun's heart on me, on my finger. It seemed a little gross, but it was a ring. A special heart disguised as a ring for a special young boy.
      It would break his timeless sleep and give him power, but what it give me? Only one way to find out: I slipped the ring on my middle finger, feeling it latch onto my skin.
      Nothing happened, but it did feel odd. Like when you forget something after you leave for a trip, but you can't remember exactly what. The feeling was like that but a lot stronger.
      Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and thought about Sehun. How would he himself activate the ring? It was specifically his, and every heart had a special way to activate it.
      Throw it? Push it? Bite it ? Twist it ? Speak EXO words? I didn't know, I waved my fingers in the air, acting like humans when they didn't know what to do. They just did stuff randomly and one of the things made it work.
      This was the case too, because when I just thoughtlessly flicked my wrist in the air, Sehun's heart opened. I felt like I was being possessed, like something was taking over me.
      The pendent on the ring started spinning, like the wind. Feeling humid air blow from behind me I turned around to see "everything." The ring spun away sand like it was nothing, revealing countless artifacts.
      Gold, silver, copper it was all laid in front of me. Walking with the ring, it cleared one straight narrow path. I followed the force the ring was pulling me to, sending me along a walk of the ages.
      Literally just letting Sehun's heart lead the way, I looked around me watching the Earth be shaped like it is today. I saw Romans, Greeks, Egyptians shape our modern day world all on a glowing blanket. On glowing sand, surrounding me.
      Beautiful buildings, transportation ways, changing, weaker human people. That was something I didn't understand: why there were humans AND recoverers? Wouldn't the world be much more efficient and better if there was just recoverers? What was the purpose of humans?
      I don't mean offense to humans, but I just didn't understand. Why have two different kinds? One being skilled and the other just being plain. When you can just have one superior kind ? A cold feeling interrupted my thoughts, as i looked down to see water had soaked my ankles.
      Studying my surroundings, I was in a completely different setting in he desert. I was ankle deep in dark blue cold water.