Chapter 1

Whom to Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun was reading a book when she overheard a woman making sentiments about his ex-boyfriend.

 

“He told me that he loves me! He told me he’ll not break my heart! He told me that he’ll do anything just to please me! But what he had done? He chose another woman over me! It’s okay if he cheated on me once, and I forgave him for that; but doing it all over again hurts my ego! And I hate him for that! I hope he goes to hell!”

 

“You go girl!” Jieun mumbled.

 

“Bu... bububut... but, I love him and I gave him everything he asked from me. But-”

 

“But after giving up everything, he chose to leave you.” She silently said. “Tsk. Why do women never learn? Men are creatures born with two legs and eight hands.”

 

Jieun isn’t being bitter or being pessimistic. It’s just that, she has this firsthand experience when it comes to that matter.

 

“Aish! I hate him! I really do! But, but I love him more.” The woman frustratingly said.

 

“So, if ever he asks for forgiveness,” asked one of her friends, “will you forgive and accept him again?”

 

A pregnant silence was only heard over the place.

 

“Uhhh… But I really love him. And I can’t live without him.”

 

“Stupid!” Jieun unexpectedly voiced out her thoughts. “Aish! How come the woman in this book has stupid written all over her character? Why can’t she understand that all she needs to do is to shut-up and think of new ways to get what she wants? Tss...”

 

Those women looked at her confusingly. She adjusted her eyeglasses and continued reading. One thing she learned about the experience is not to meddle with others’ life so that she wouldn’t be that embarrassed.

 

She stopped reading when the letters of the book were replaced by a red rose. She dropped the book and a handsome face of a young man is seen.

 

“A lovely rose for a lovely lady.”

 

“What do you want, Kai?” she asked nonchalantly.

 

“Nothing. Is it bad to give flower to the prettiest woman in this world?”

 

“Yes. Because I know that you already used those exact words to another woman just a few minutes ago.”

 

“Of course not.” Kai continuously smells it as if it was the most fragrant flower he ever smelled. “You are the prettiest woman in my eyes every time I went to see you.”

 

“I know, because you needed something from me. So instead of making a scene, why don’t you get to the point?” She breathed deeply. “You’re in trouble again, aren’t you?”

 

Kai’s sheepish smile curved his lips. She had to admit he was cute when he was acting childish. And she knows that he’s fully aware of his feature so he uses those to attract women. His cuteness never fails to amuse them. But, that was also the same reason why he’s always gets into trouble.

 

“What did you do again, Kim Jong-in?” Still not removing her eyes off the book, “Ah, wait. Don’t answer that.”

 

He seated in front of her still sniffing the rose.

 

“Krystal’s getting serious about our relationship.”

 

“Be thankful that there’s still someone who wants to get serious with you even though you’re that kind of person.”

 

“Hey, what do you mean?”

 

“I mean your count of women you played around with is higher than the number of capillary vessels in your body.”

 

 “I’ll take that as a compliment.” He answered with a smirk and gets the book Jieun’s reading, “Female Intelligence by Jane Heller. Nice.”

 

“Have you read that?”

 

“No. But I know you won’t read any nonsense books. So I know that this book is nice.” He looked at her. “No?”

 

She just sighed and got the book from Kai. “You want to break away from Soo-jung. Is that it?”

 

“Krystal,” he corrected. “She doesn’t want to be called ‘Soo-jung’. She said it’s a commoner’s name.”

 

“And what is she? A goddess? Does she eat broken crystals or do electrifying things for thinking highly of herself?”

 

He laughed loudly. Later on, he compressed himself beside her and put his arm over her shoulders. She immediately breathed in his familiar masculine scent that she really liked. He is still using the same scent since they met. She once told him that she likes his smell, so maybe he hasn’t change the brand of perfume.

 

 “I knew there’s something about her but I just can’t pin-point it out.”

 

“Tss. You can’t just accept the fact that your tastes in women are monotonous. And will you please remove your arm on my shoulders. It’s heavy. Also, the chair over there is unoccupied. Maybe you want to move?”

 

“Nope, I’m fine over here. Don’t worry about me.” He offered again the flower. “You still don’t want this?”

 

“Lilies are my favorite flowers.”

 

“What?”

 

“And steaks are my favorite food. So is it okay if you move to the other side? Just get to the point for your sudden appearance. I have a lot of things to do.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter