Chapter 29

Whom to Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mind if I join you?”

 

IU simply nodded at Baekhyun when he sat at the chair opposite hers. She was in a coffee shop near the hospital to calm herself. She’d been crying in the women’s room for quite some time now, after she left Kai’s room. And before her eyes could swell because of her constant crying, she chooses to entertain herself so she wouldn’t be distracted. She is still agitated thinking of Kai, but at least she can now restricts herself from crying.

 

“How’s Kai?”

 

“He’s fine. He’s just resting on his room.”

 

“And you’re here because…?”

 

She picked up the cup of coffee she ordered. “I don’t want to disturb him. He needs to rest.”

 

“You’re lying. What did Kai do to you?”

 

“What?” She didn’t try to smile because she knows that she cannot maintain that kind of happiness. “Kai didn’t do anything. In fact, I was the one who did something to him.”

 

“You him?”

 

“No.” She’s not in the mood to joke around. “I confessed everything to him.”

 

“It didn’t go smoothly?”

 

She shook her head and slowly turned her attention to the coffee. Her heart had revealed itself already. And she was hurting like hell.

 

“He told me he knew the things that could hurt me. So he said that I shouldn’t let myself love him.”

 

“Idiot,” he said. “Did you listen to him?”

 

“Don’t make me laugh, Baekhyun. How could I listen to him, I already loved him? I cannot revoke it. The only thing that I can do is to wait for the day to disappear my feeling for him.”

 

“They said, no man is worth a woman’s tears. The only one who’s worth her tears is the one who knows he could make her cry… but would never ever… try.”

 

Her tears just fell down upon hearing it. She immediately wiped her eyes. “He didn’t make me cry. It’s my fault why I’m hurting like this.”

 

“Still, he’s the reason of your tears. Wait here.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

He moaned then he faced her again. “I like you, IU. No, I actually love you. And it pains me seeing you hurt because of him.”

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

“IU, don’t feel sorry for me. It just so happen that Jong-in met you first. No matter how much we wanted not to hurt anyone, there are some things that we cannot change. I love you but you love Kai. We can’t do anything about it.”

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun.”

 

“No problem,” he said. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I just need to beat the hell out of Kai just in case he might knock his head again and realize how lucky is he that he has someone like you who truly loves him.”

 

“Don’t hurt him.”

 

He’s looking at her with a knotted forehead. Moments later, he sighed once more. “Kai’s such a bastard.”

 

“Problem?”

 

Both of them faced the Jo twins who were already near them without them realizing. She noticed that there’s a small woman behind them.

 

“Kai’s being a jerk,” Baekhyun stated. “He’s making it hard for IU.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter