Chapter 28

Whom to Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IU was waiting for Kai to respond on what he heard earlier. But he didn’t say anything. He just continued looking down at his blanket. IU doesn’t like their situation right now. She was already tired of presuming things over so she has no choice but to face him and finish their problem. What the hell, she was now being paranoid inside!

 

“So you heard it all,” she said. “any comments, violent reaction, or what-so-ever?”

 

“None.”

 

That’s the first slap she got. The first pain she experienced from her adventures in love. Maybe that’s the reason why she temporarily felt numb after a few seconds. So she continued standing in front of him.

 

“Aren’t you proud that you are the man I choose to love like how you often brag to me when you knew a woman likes you?” He simply remained quiet. “Actually, this is not the reaction I expected from you, Kai. I suppose, that since we’re together for a long time and you always tell me that I’m the most important woman in your life, I thought you’ll be glad when you found out that I love you. I mean, you’re a guy who loves women who pay attention to you. But why are you responding to me differently? If I’m just a part of your game, shouldn’t you also pay special attention to me? Even just for a bit? But you can’t even look at me.”

 

In her entire being, she never knew that she can confess like that to a guy. She thinks highly of herself. But she suddenly lowered it down because of a man – just because she loved. In any case, she was fine with it. She had never been proud of herself for being this though.

 

Or could it be that she was just too numb from the pain to even feel it?

 

“Maybe… you really just can see me as a friend.” She tried to laugh but she failed. “A guy and a girl shouldn’t just stay as best friends because there is this stupid love that can complicate their relationship. Now I’m saying ‘sorry’. I didn’t stop myself for having this kind of feeling. If not for your sweet gestures to me, even my bullheadedness didn’t work. But if in the first place, you didn’t want me to fall for you; you could have at least chosen not to be close to me. Because you are right. You’re the only man in my life.”

 

“I shouldn’t have said that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter