Chapter 9

Cursed Gift

 

Jongwoon’s POV

“Hyung... wake up. Wake up... we have to go,” I heard someone call me.

I quickly woke up and searched around my room to see who called me. I woke up and saw Donghae come in and was trying to wake me up.

I searched around the room and checked if Ryeowook was awake, instead I saw his sleeping figure next to mine in the same position as he was in last night. My arm was still under his head acting as a pillow, and his body was still next to me.

“Hyung?” Donghae asked as I saw him glance at Ryeowook’s sleeping figure next to me. “What’s going on? Why is Ryeowook on your side of the room?” he continued to ask curiously.

It may have been because we were too loud, but I felt Ryeowook’s body stir on my arms. I felt Ryeowook grab my arms tighter and repositioned in a different position. He was still sleeping and was just readjusting his sleeping position.

“Um... I... um...” I stuttered making no comprehensible words.

“Did you guys sleep together?” Donghae whispered in disbelief.

I quickly shook my head and said, “No... It’s not like that. I mean... we did... not that way... I mean... we slept together but we didn’t sleep together.”

“Hyung... that doesn’t make any sense. How can you sleep together and not sleep together. If you want to keep it a secret, fine it’s your business but by the position you guys are in, the other members might think you guys slept together,” Donghae explained.

“For the last time Donghae... we didn’t sleep together,” I yelled so loud that Ryeowook woke up.

Ryeowook got up and asked in a sleepy tone, “Huh... what’s going on?”

At the same time, Leeteuk hyung came in the room and asked, “Hae... what’s taking you so long to wake-” Leeteuk hyung was saying until he looked at Ryeowook and me and saw that we slept in the same bed last night.

“What’s going on?” Leeteuk hyung asked without finishing his previous sentence.

I was about to respond when Ryeowook answered Leeteuk hyung and said, “I fell asleep on Jongwoon’s side of the bed last night.”

“Oh... okay. I thought something happened between you two last night,” Leeteuk hyung said. “Last night, when we left your room, we talked about it and agreed that you were right Wookie. You were right about how we did nothing to gain your trust and how even though we thought we knew about Jongwoon, we never did anything to help. So we agreed that until either one of you want to open up about anything, doesn’t matter if you just want to have tea or something, you can still approach us and talk to us. But we won’t ask you to open up when you’re not ready, because like you said, we were never there even though we knew about Jongwoon. Even though we won’t ask, both of you are always welcome to tell us when you’re ready,” Leeteuk hyung told us.

“Thank you hyung. Thank you for understanding,” Ryeowook said as Leeteuk approached Ryeowook, who was still on my bed, and gave him a hug.

After a few seconds, Leeteuk hyung extended his arms and let me in the hug. Donghae then went closer to us and joined the group hug as well.

A few more minutes had passed and Leeteuk hyung said, “Come on... Eat breakfast and we’ll go somewhere just us members. We don’t have schedules anyways.”

Before we could respond, Leeteuk hyung and Donghae grabbed our hands and led us to the dining room.

We grabbed some rice and corn beef and began to eat.  Surprisingly, Ryeowook got breakfast too.

Ryeowook’s POV

What happened last night? Did I fall asleep on Jongwoon’s arms? Why didn’t I wake up and sleep on my bed?

For some strange reason it felt comfortable sleeping beside Jongwoon hyung.

Leeteuk hyung said we were going somewhere after breakfast, just us members. We head towards the dining room and grabbed our breakfast.

I also grabbed a plate and filled my plate with a lot of food... a lot more than I usually eat.

Jongwoon, Leeteuk hyung and Donghae got their food, as Eunhyuk and Kangin joined us for breakfast.

“Morning,” Eunhyuk said groggily.

I took 3 spoonfuls.

“Morning guys,” Kangin hyung greeted us.

I ate another spoonful of rice and corn beef.

They grabbed their plates and filled it with food. I continued to eat mouthfuls of rice and corn beef that I forgot how many calories I just consumed.

Just then, Siwon, Sungmin and Kyuhyun joined us for breakfast.

I was mindlessly chewing my food until I had that guilty feeling I always have after eating. I have to stop eating. I have to go to the washroom... now. I just ate too much food with high calories. I need to go to the washroom.

“You’re eating... both of you,” Sungmin hyung commented.

Sometimes I hate how he meddles in my business too much. Why does he notice little things that I do?

“Min... what did we agree on last night?” Leeteuk hyung warned Sungmin. Sungmin became quiet and Leeteuk continued in a different tone, “So where do you guys want to go?”

I don’t know if it’s just me but after Sungmin commented about me eating, everyone seems to be more cheerful, almost giddy. The other members, except for Jongwoon who just continued to eat, seemed to be too cheerful that it seems like a facade. It seems like they are hiding something but I just can’t point my finger at it.

“I don’t know. We don’t really have a schedule, so maybe we can play board games at home or something,” Kyuhyun suggested.

“How about we go to my cottage? There’s a bunch of stuff we can do there. We can play board games there instead,” Siwon suggested.

“Are we allowed?” Leeteuk asked.

“Of course. I’m inviting you aren’t I?” Siwon said with a smile.

“Alright... thanks Siwon. It would be so fun. I can hardly wait,” Donghae said.

“Let’s leave at around 11 am. Pack your bags for 3 nights,” Siwon said.

“Three nights is a bit long isn’t it?” Kangin stated.

“Why not? It’s not like there’s anything to do here anyways,” Kyuhyun stated.

“Watch your mouth,” Eunhyuk warned.

Although it might seem that we are arguing, it feels like it’s back to normal. It seems like the other members are trying hard to be normal that it seems strange... almost weird. It wasn’t quiet and awkward anymore, instead, the other members are back to bickering with each other.

Now I wonder what they were talking about last night that made them act like this. It seems strange. It’s almost like they’re trying really hard to act normal that it seems fake. Maybe it’s just me but, this morning the other members are acting strange.

Something seems fishy, Siwon is inviting us to his cottage when he never invited us to his cottage before, and also someone made breakfast, not waiting until I wake up to make it for them. Also, Eunhyuk gathered the courage to chastise Kyuhyun when Eunhyuk usually ignores Kyuhyun’s rude comments.

There was something else that I was thinking of when that feeling in my stomach came again. I feel nauseas. I think I ate way too much food this morning. I ate too much calories in one setting.

I tried to walk casually to the sink and put my empty plate on the sink when Sungmin stated, “Are you okay, Wookie? You don’t seem too good.”

I tried my best to hold the food for a while longer and said, “Deh... I’m fine hyung. I’ll just go ahead and pack my things first.”

Thank god I didn’t say it in a suspicious way. I began to walk casually towards my room and once I was out of eyesight, I rushed to my room and ran to the washroom.

Once I got to the washroom, I locked the door, turn on the shower heads and dropped to the toilet. I didn’t have to use my fingers to induce vomit since the food was coming back up by itself. My stomach couldn’t handle that much food anymore and instead I kept of puking my breakfast.

It’s been a while since I ate a huge meal and I guess my stomach can’t handle that much food anymore. I kept on puking until my stomach felt more at ease. That empty feeling came once again and my stomach was empty.

For good measure, I stuck my index finger down my throat and induced vomit. I kept poking my esophagus until all that would come from my mouth was water. I flushed the toilet and washed my hands on the sink.

I looked up and saw my reflection from the mirror. I see my reflection staring back at me. The boy staring back at me had bloodshot red eyes, snot coming from his nose, and a bit of vomit on the side of his mouth. I wiped away the stray vomit on the side of my mouth with my hand and let a single tear fall from my eyes.


 

A/n: Hope you enjoyed it. Tell me what you think by commenting/subscribing. I love reading your response:) Sorry if it's too graphic for the last scene.