Chapter 7

Cursed Gift

A few weeks has passed since the Strong Heart incident happened and it was already the end of August. The atmosphere is becoming more awkward and slightly uncomfortable.

“Guys... it’s time for dinner,” Ryeowook called for the other members.

Slowly, little by little, the average sized living room was soon filled with hungry male adults. The members began to form a line and began to grab portions of food to eat. After they filled their plates with food, the members sat in the dining room and began to eat.

It was so quiet that all that anyone could hear was the sound of eating utensils being brushed against each other.

A few more minutes of awkward silence has passed and the members continued to eat. Ryeowook was still in the kitchen and was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen.

“This tastes good Wookie,” Leeteuk said in between bites.

Silence. More sound of the spoon and forks were heard.

“Thanks hyung. I’m glad you like it,” Ryeowook replied.

Silent.

It was silent once again as the room that was once filled with laughter, was now filled with an awkward atmosphere.

Jongwoon got up from his seat and went to the kitchen and washed his plate. Ryeowook was still in the kitchen putting back everything he used to make the meal.

Jongwoon washed his plate and head towards his room.

No small interactions, no words were exchanged. It was almost like they don’t know each other.

Silent.

The already silent dining room became quieter as the sound of eating utensils stopped which signifies that most members finished eating.

Siwon, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Shindong finished eating. They went to the kitchen and started washing the dishes.

“Just leave it hyungs. I’ll wash them,” Ryeowook offered.

“What are you talking about? You already cooked for us and the least we can do is wash them,” Eunhyuk stated.

“Yeah... I’ll wash them,” Siwon said.

“Thank you,” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun was heading towards his room to play starcraft or something, while Shindong and Eunhyuk were heading towards the living room to watch the television.

Silent.

Now, all you could hear were the water running and the sponge from Siwon washing the dishes and gulps of water being consumed by the other members. Awkward silence were surrounding these used to be close knitted members.

Ryeowook took a cup and opened the fridge to pour himself a glass of water.

“Wook-ah, how come you didn’t eat with us?” Donghae asked as he went to the kitchen and placed it in the sink so Siwon could include washing his plate.

“Oh...me? I ate small portions while cooking so I became full,” Ryeowook explained.

Ryeowook has used this excuse so many times that his lies seem like the truth because he said it immediately.

“Ah... make sense,” Donghae said as he went and joined Eunhyuk and Shindong in the living room.

Silent.

It was silent until Sungmin began to talk and said, “Wookie... I’m thankful that you cooked for us but it was really salty. I was scared to tell you because your feelings might get hurt.”

“What are you talking about?” Leeteuk said. “It tasted great,” Leeteuk reassured Ryeowook.

“It was salty. It seems like you added too much salt in it. I thought you said you tasted it. It seems like you added too much salt,” Sungmin said.

“Really? I didn’t notice. Sorry hyung,” Ryeowook said.

“Yeah... Sungmin is right. It was a bit salty Wook-ah,” Kangin said.

“Next time I’ll make sure to taste it and make sure that it’s just right,” Ryeowook stated before thinking over what he said.

“Make sure to taste it? What are you talking about Wookie? You didn’t try it while cooking?” Sungmin asked.

Siwon, who was still in the kitchen washing dishes, dropped a plate and it broke into pieces. He went in the dining room and said, “You didn’t eat with us because you said that you ate while cooking; now you just said that you didn’t try it. What did you eat Wookie?”

The running water was still on the broken pieces of the plate. The other members who were in the living room went back to the kitchen.

“What’s going on? We heard something break,” Donghae said.

Ryeowook avoided looking at anyone in the eye and bit his lip.

 

Ryeowook’s POV
Oh ... what have I just done? I should’ve just gone back to my room. What if they get mad at me? It’s not my fault. It’s Jongwoon’s fault. He was the one who told them about me anyways. They were not supposed to know about it and yet he told them. Why? Why on earth did he tell them? For my own good? How the hell is this for my own good? The other members became confused and got mad at me and yet this is still for my own good. Yeah right...

“Ryeowook, what did you eat today?” Leeteuk asked calmly.

“Wookie said he ate small portions of our dinner while cooking,” Donghae answered.

“Let Ryeowook answer Hae,” Kangin demanded.

I continued to avoid looking at them in eyes and bit my lips.

“I did eat some; I just couldn’t tell it was too salty. Sorry,” I replied and continued to bite the inner side of my lips.

“That’s a lie. When Kangin hyung agreed that it was a bit salty, you said that next time you will make sure that you would taste it. It might just be me but it sounded like you never tasted it at all. Don’t avoid the question. We asked what you ate, not how much you ate,” Sungmin said as his voice was getting louder.

Why are they getting mad at me? It’s not my fault.

“Why are you yelling at me hyung? I ate the beef okay?” I said defensively. “I’m going for a walk,” I declared.

“What are you talking about Min? What are you trying to imply?” Eunhyuk questioned Sungmin.

“Are you saying that Ryeowook has been skipping his meals too?” Donghae asked.

“Wait,” Sungmin called out to me. I turned my back and faced them. Sungmin caught up to me and grabbed my hand. “Don’t lie. I know you’re lying. It’s you isn’t it? It’s not Yesung hyung but you. You’re the one who’s suffering aren’t you?” Sungmin hyung said as he looked at me directly in my eyes. I tried to get out of his hold and struggled; his grip on my hand tightened and said, “Don’t take this the wrong way. I don’t want to be right and know who it is, but I just want to help. I’m your hyung. Hyungs and dongsengs help each other, not turn the other way and pretend that nothing’s wrong.”

... he just found out. I thought that after a few years of living with them and no one found out that no one will find out but they did... Sungmin hyung found out.

I bit my lip and answered, “I think you got it all wrong. It’s Jongwoon hyung, not me.” I turned my back against them and began to walk outside when my tears began to fall.

Sungmin walked towards me and was now in front of me. “You just lied again. You bite your lips when you lie. Don’t lie, Wookie. We just want to help,” Sungmin hyung said.

“Help? How can you help? Even when Jongwoon said that he was struggling from anorexia, you guys did nothing to help him. No one can help me with this. No one. This isn’t something that can be deal with easily. You think I want to continue to lie to you guys? No I don’t but I have to. It’s hard to stop once you started and if I knew that it was this hard to stop, I shouldn’t have started,” I yelled at Sungmin hyung and ran as fast as I can outside the dorm.

I heard some members call my name but ignored what they said and ran outside. I don't know why, but the tears were continously falling from my face.


A/n: Sungmin's really smart isn't he? Lmao. During Exploring the Human Body, he found out some error that was made during one of their games. They had to jump and calculate how high they jumped and he figured out that since the thing that measured how high they jumped was attached to the shirt and not the body, Sungmin figured out that once someone jumped and the shirt got lifted, the measuring thingy also went up making the measurement innaccurate. That was my reference from the previous chapter and this chapter.

Anyways... don't forget to give me some feedback. I want to know what you guys think. Don't forget to comment and subscribe...