Chapter 10

Cursed Gift

 

Jongwoon’s POV

I quickly finished my breakfast and followed after Ryeowook. Sungmin was right. Ryeowook left the dining table too quickly and I want to check if Ryeowook was okay.

After finishing my breakfast, I went to our room and just as I expected, I heard the shower heads being .

“Wook... are you okay?” I called out.

I didn’t hear him respond. So I went towards the door and listened through the door. I still hear the water flowing.

“Ryeowook? Are you okay?” I asked again.

I heard his soft voice saying, “Yeah... I’m fine.”

His voice seemed coarse.

“Wook... please open the door,” I requested.

“No hyung, it’s okay. I’m fine,” he replied with a sob.

“Seriously Ryeowook, open the door or I’ll break it open,” I threatened.

It was quiet on the other side for a while. I didn’t hear him say anything other than the water falling until I see the doorknob move. The door was opening.

“Why should I open it and let you see me in this mess?” he said in a weak voice.

I didn’t say anything as approached him and extend my arms to him when he backed away. I approached him again and engulf him in a hug. I felt him struggle in my arms and after a few seconds, I feel him stop struggling. I could feel him hugging me back and heard him cry.

We stayed there for a few minutes just staying like that. A few minutes of having Ryeowook lean on me and just staying close to each other, Ryeowook backed away and broke away from our embrace.

“I’m sorry,” he said after a while.

“What are you sorry for?’ I asked him.

“You smell bad now,” he answered.

I couldn’t help but laugh as he glared at me.

“It’s not funny,” he said annoyed.

“Yeah it isn’t. But you also shouldn’t be sorry because that’s not something you should apologize for,” I told him. I went closer to him and gave him another hug. “I don’t care if I smell bad now. All I want is for you to recover. Remember, you aren’t doing this alone. We are doing this together. I want us to overcome this. I want us to stop going around in circles and just face it. Doesn’t matter what it is. We don’t have to do it alone. We have each other. We’ll face it together,” I told him.

Ryeowook leaned slightly as he looked at my face. He looked at me for a while and continued to hug me. I could feel him hugging me tighter. He didn’t say anything and just continued to hug me. No words were exchanged, just small gestures that speak a thousand words.

“Come on. Let’s go and pack for the trip to the cottage,” I said as I pulled away from the hug and went towards my closet and gathered clothes for the trip.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

I didn’t talk too much but I feel that he could hear me clearly. I’m thankful that he’s here. I’m sure he knows that. I don’t know why but the burden I felt is slightly smaller and it became more tolerable.

Our room was silent once again but it was a different type of silence. It was more tolerable, it wasn’t uncomfortable. It feels less tense as I packed my stuff for the trip.

We continued to stay silent as we packed our stuff when we could hear Leeteuk hyung’s voice. “Guys... we’re leaving in 10 minutes. Gather in the living room,” I heard him shout.

“Are you ready Wookie?” Jongwoon hyung asked.

I nod my head and grab my bag. We head outside and saw that half of the members are already there.

I noticed that Leeteuk hyung was counting how many of us were in the living room. “We’re only missing Donghae, Kyuhyun and Kangin,” Leeteuk hyung continued.

“So I’ll take my car, Leeteuk hyung said he’s taking his car and Shindong hyung came here with his car so we’ll just take 3 cars and I’ll lead,” Siwon said.

“Okay... Sounds good to me. Ryeowook, Yesung and Sungmin will ride in my car. Siwon can take Kangin and Kyuhyun. Shindong can take Donghae and Eunhyuk,” Leeteuk hyung said.

The rest of the members came down and we started heading towards the cars. It took a while loading the cars with our bags but in no time, we were already in the highway.

Leeteuk hyung was driving and Sungmin hyung was sitting in the front seat. The radio was on and some music was playing in the background.

Sungmin hyung turned from his seat and turned towards me and Jongwoon.

“Yes hyung?” I said before he said anything.

“Oh... nevermind. I didn’t say anything,” he said as he turned back to his seat. He seems really strange especially right after the whole incident about me and Jongwoon hyung.

“I was just going to say that while waiting for you guys to get ready, our manager called and told us the new date for our comeback,” Sungmin hyung said. For some reason I feel that he’s not telling me the whole truth. I feel that he was going to me something else.

“Yeah... while waiting our manager said that our new comeback date is October 27. We have a few more weeks left until then and since we’re almost ready, our manager said that he would add more variety shows to promote again and reduce the amount of practices,” Leeteuk hyung added.

“It’s good that they gave us the date for our comeback,” I replied.

It was quiet again and the car was filled with music once again. For some songs that were playing, could hear Sungmin hyung and Leeteuk hyung sing to the lyrics.

I stared out the window until I noticed that Jongwoon changed seats and was now sitting beside me. He looked at me and gave me one of the earphones. For the rest of the ride, we listened to music.

Although no words were shared, it was more comfortable... less tension. I didn’t say it out loud, but I know that Jongwoon knows that he’s forgiven. 


A/n: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few months. I hope you guys are still somewhat interested in the story. I'm really sorry for not updating in a long time. Hope you like this update. I'll try harder in making more fluffy Jongwook moments. Enjoy... Thanks for the support and as always please don't forget to drop a comment and subscribe