Chapter 11

Cursed Gift

Jongwoon’s POV

I don’t know how long we stayed like that but it was nice, it was comforting. Jungsoo hyung and Sungmin was singing along with whatever song was playing on the radio while I remained silent. I closed my eyes and continued to cherish the time I had with Ryeowook.

I could feel his breathing next to me. One... two... one... two...  his breathing followed a steady rhythm. One...two...one...two...he must have fallen asleep. I couldn’t help but smile.

At that moment, it was as if all our problems didn’t exist. I wasn’t craving for attention, he wasn’t starving for perfection; I was just Jongwoon and he was just Ryeowook.

I didn’t notice that I fell asleep with my head resting on top of his until Jungsoo hyung said, “Wake up guys... we’re here.”

I lifted my head and looked out the window. Wow... I knew that Siwon was rich but his cottage doesn’t seem like a cottage, it was huge. It’s more like a mansion in the countryside.

“Whoa... it’s so pretty,” I heard Ryeowook said in awe.

I looked at where he was looking and the scenery was simply breathtaking. There was a riverbank surrounded by a meadow of flowers right next to a huge mansion where Jungsoo hyung was driving towards. This must be Siwon’s cottage.

I continued to admire the beauty nature has to offer when Jungsoo hyung finally came to a stop and parked his car next to Shindong Hyung’s car.

Jungsoo hyung, Sungmin, Ryeowook and I got out of the car. Jungsoo hyung opened the trunk and we carried our luggage.   The rest of the members from the other cars approached the entrance of the house in awe.

Once everyone was in the house, Siwon said, “Make yourselves feel at home. While you guys were packing earlier, I called our caretaker to buy us some groceries good for three days so we won’t have to leave for food. There’s six bedrooms so four members would need to share a room while two members can have their own.”

“Kangin hyung should have his own room. He snores really loud,” Shindong said.

“Yah... like you don’t,” Kangin replied.

“I’m used to Kangin’s snores so I’ll be his roommate. Shindong can take one of the single rooms since he does snore and Siwon can take the other single room since it is his house. Jongwoon and Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, and Hyukjae and Donghae will be roommates. Put your bags away and freshen up so we can make dinner,” Jungsoo hyung instructed as the members scattered and went up the stairs.

“I forgot to mention... two of the rooms are on the main floor while the others are on the second floor,” Siwon said.

“Where are the rooms in this floor?” Jungsoo hyung asked.

“We’ll take the other room in this floor too,” Ryeowook spoke up.

“They’re on the east wing of the house. The opposite side of where the kitchen and living room is,” Siwon said as he pointed to the east side of the house from the front door.

“I don’t snore loudly,” I heard Kangin mumble.

I noticed Jungsoo hyung just Kangin hyung’s head and giggled, “And I’m not the leader of Super Junior.”

Kangin and Jungsoo hyung said their goodbyes when we passed one of the rooms. Before Ryeowook and I entered our room, I heard Kangin’s voice saying, “There’s only one queen sized bed.”

Within a few steps we entered our room for the next few days. It was an elegant guest room with 1 queen sized bed.

“I can sleep on the floor,” I heard myself say.

“Stop being ridiculous. We’re not strangers,” Ryeowook said as he sat on the side of the bed.

I put my bag on one side of the room and looked at Ryeowook. He seemed tired.

Ryeowook just looked at me and patted the bed next to him.  “Sit,” he said.

I complied and sat next to him. Ryeowook gave my side a slight nudge as he said, “Move a bit.”

I complied and moved a bit to the side. Ryeowook laid his head on my lap as his feet dangled at the side of the bed. I completely moved to the other side of the bed as Ryeowook readjusted his position in a way that most of his body was on the bed and only his feet were dangling on the other side of the bed. I felt Ryewook grab my hands as he his hair with both his hands and mine intertwined.

I looked at the person on my lap and saw Ryeowook’s eyes closed.  “Don’t stop hyung. Keep my hair,” he said as he continued to his hair with our hands intertwined.

I wish time could stop. I wanted to stay at that moment. No interruptions, no problems, no complications... pure and utter peace.

I didn’t know how long we stayed in that position as I continued to Ryeowook’s hair when our moment was interrupted by a knock in the door.

I opened the door and was met by Kangin hyung in his lounge wear.

“Wook... Woon...  Siwon, Shindong, Hyukjae and Donghae started to prepare dinner and the rest of the members would be in charge of grilling the meet. Would you help us?” Kangin hyung said as he approached the door.

“Yeah sure...  I’ll be there hyung but Ryeowook’s sleeping,” I said quietly when I was interrupted by an awake Ryeowook.

“I’m awake,” Ryeowook said as he stifled a yawn.

“Okay... we’re grilling meat outside in the yard,” Kangin said as he closed the door.

“You should continue to sleep if you’re tired,” I said as I his hair. Is this becoming a habit now?

Ryeowook got up and stretched for a few seconds before saying, “I wasn’t sleeping. I was just resting... it was comforting.”

I looked at him and saw Ryeowook as he continued to stretch. “Come on... let’s go,” he said as we head out the door.

We were heading towards the backyard with Ryeowook’s hand intertwined with mine.


A/N: I'm really sorry for not updating this story for the longest time ever. I hope you guys didn't forget about this fic already. I know I keep saying I'm sorry but I really am sorry for not updating. I'll try to update more often. I hope that some people are still with me though. This was my attempt at fluff was it okay or should I stick with angst lol. Anyways... drop a comment, leave an upvote and/or subscribe and tell me what you think:) 

P.S. I have another ongoing Ryeowook story and it's also angst (no surprise there) it's called Th1Rteen R3asons Why. If you want to check it out it's http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/290296/th1rteen-r3asons-why-kyuhyun-kyuwook-ryeowook-superjunior-suspense if not, that's also okay with me. I'm just thankful that you are still reading my story even after a long time. Anyways until next time... hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter:) This fluffiness might not last cuz my fingers are itching to write angst lol