Chapter 2

Cursed Gift

Another day has passed and yesterday was just another long day for Ryeowook. The Super Junior members were now busy getting ready for their 6th album called “y, Free and Single”. The album was to be scheduled to be released at the beginning of July. However, there were only ten members active for the latest album.

 

Kangin is participating in the 6th album after 2 years of hiatus for his military duty.  Hangeng and Kibum have their own solo activities. Hangeng is active in China with his own solo activities apart from Super Junior while Kibum was busy promoting his latest drama. Heechul left to fulfill his military duty and won’t be participating for the 6th album. This would be Leeteuk’s last album that he would partake in since he has to fulfill his military duties right after the 6th album’s promotions.

 

The theme for the latest album is “y, Free and Single”. The only thing that bothers Ryeowook is how can he show a y version of himself?

 

He was almost certain that his abs from Super Show 4 got smaller and he was scared of disappointing his Ryeosomnias.

 

He doesn’t want to work out again because he was afraid of fainting from exercising especially since his eating habits changed once again.

 

After all these years, Ryeowook and Jongwoon still managed to become roommates. They still talk about their problems and the thing that worries them the most. Most of the time, Jongwoon tries to convince Ryeowook to eat something. Ryeowook would eventually give in especially since he knows that Jongwoon is just trying to help. However, after eating Ryeowook would make himself vomit his intake.

 

Even though it bothers Jongwoon, he tries to help Ryeowook. He tries to cover for him even though he knows it’s wrong. Jongwoon just wants to help Ryeowook but he doesn’t know how to help him. Is it helping Ryeowook if Jongwoon helps Ryeowook by cover the latter’s eating disorder?  Or is it actually harming Ryeowook and in the end Jongwoon is harming Ryeowook? Jongwoon knows that he is harming Ryeowook but he doesn’t know how to stop Ryeowook... how to help him.

 

Ryeowook woke up startled and began to cry. He didn’t know why he was crying but he woke up and tears started to fall from his face. He was sitting at the edge of his bed and cried muffled tears.

 

His roommate woke up from the muffled cries and said, “Ryeowook? Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

 

Jongwoon was still sleepy since they had a late schedule and it was still early in the morning.

 

Ryeowook wiped away his tears immediately as soon as he noticed that his roommate woke up. “Sorry Jong. I’m really sorry,” he said as tears soon replaced the tears that he wiped away earlier.

 

Ryeowook calls Jongwoon by his real name instead of his stage name because only Ryeowook knows about Jongwoon’s past. Jongwoon convinced everyone to call him Yesung because he felt that the voice should be separated from him... that the voice should be the one praised for singing instead of him. Ryeowook refused to call him Yesung after hearing his story. He told Jongwoon that if Jongwoon really feels that he is different from the voice, then Ryeowook should call him Jongwoon instead of Yesung.

 

Jongwoon got up from his bed and moved to Ryeowook’s bed. He took Ryeowook in his embrace and began to soothe the crying boy in front of him. Jongwoon began rubbing Ryeowook’s back, in an attempt to sooth Ryeowook. It seemed to help Ryeowook since his cries eventually slowed down and he became calmer. No words were exchanged, only silent interactions between the two.

 

It was quiet for a while until Jongwoon spoke up and said, “Are you okay? What happened? You know you can tell me right Wook?”

 

Ryeowook wasn’t ready to tell Jongwoon so he said with a smile, “I’m fine Jong. Don’t worry about it. I just had another nightmare.”

 

Ryeowook managed to cover up his tears with lies and Ryeowook knows that Jongwoon knows that he was lying. Jongwoon ignored his lies because Jongwoon knows that when Ryeowook is ready, the latter would tell Jongwoon.

 

Ryeowook got up from his bed and started to head to the washroom to wash his face. It’s ironic how Ryeowook is the “umma” of the group and would be the one to prepare their meals.

 

After washing his face, he noticed that Jongwoon already left the room and Ryeowook assumed that his roommate already joined the other members who were waiting for him to cook their food. Just like any other days, he would wake up early in the morning and make breakfast for the other members.

 

Why would he be the one to make breakfast when he knows that he can’t stand to see the sight of food? The reasoning behind Ryeowook’s actions is that whenever he sees any members eat his food heartily and compliment him for his meals, he would become full. The hunger that he feels in his stomach is satisfied and in the end he wouldn’t feel as hungry.

 

Ryeowook would also use the excuse for not eating with the other members because he claims that since he ate little portions of the food while cooking, he doesn’t necessarily need to eat a full meal since he was full.

 

Since it was still early in the morning, the only other member who was up this early was Leeteuk, Sungmin, Kangin and his roommate, Jongwoon.

 

“Morning Wookie,” Sungmin greeted Ryeowook brightly as the latter entered the living room.

 

The members who woke up early gathered in front of the television watching some type of cartoon.

 

“Good morning Ryeowook,” Leeteuk greeted Ryeowook warmly. Leeteuk turned towards Sungmin’s direction and said, “Hey... Min? Could you do me a favour and wake up the other members who have early schedules?”

 

Sungmin groaned in protest, “Hyung...”                                        

 

“Please Min?” the leader asked the younger boy.

 

“Fine...” Sungmin whined but complied with the leader’s request. “Who has a schedule today hyung?” Sungmin asked Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk smiled widely showing his dimples. “Thanks a lot Min. A couple of us would be guest stars on Strong Heart. After filming, everyone would be practicing at the dance studio for the MV shooting on Thursday. Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Yesung, Kyuhyun and I have early schedules. Since Ryeowook and Yesung are already awake, could you wake up Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun Min?” Leeteuk asked Sungmin as he explained everyone’s schedule for the day.

 

“Kyuhyun? How could I wake him up? He would complai-” Sungmin muttered to himself as he head towards the bedrooms to wake up the other members.

 

Everyone in Super Junior dislikes waking up Kyuhyun because he would usually be the one who was the hardest to wake up. Sungmin’s voice became distant as he went farther away from the other members who were awake.

 

It was sort of surprising that Kangin woke up early, especially since he was usually the last member to wake up and the hardest member to wake up. The next member who was hard to wake up is Kyuhyun and Sungmin was sent to wake up the evil makanae. However, after he was released from his military duties, Kangin woke up early and was now up before most members were awake.

 

Ryeowook head towards the kitchen and began making breakfast. It was already around 7:20 in the morning.

 

There was soft chattering in the background by Leeteuk and Kangin. Leeteuk was asking Kangin about his experience during his hiatus and expressed his concerns about leaving Super Junior to fulfill his military duties.

 

Jongwoon got up from the couch and went towards the kitchen where Ryeowook was preparing breakfast. Kimchi was already set out and Ryeowook had his head stuck in the refrigerator trying to find some side dishes for breakfast.

 

Jongwoon sneaked up behind Ryeowook and surprised the latter by giving the latter a back hug.

 

Ryeowook stopped what he was doing and turned so he could face Jongwoon. Their faces were literally 2 inches apart. Ryeowook couldn’t say anything else but say Jongwoon’s name softly.

 

The older had a smirk on his face and turned Ryeowook’s face to the side gently and kissed the latter’s cheek.

 

Ryeowook became more surprised since Jongwoon barely showed any affection towards Ryeowook and this was the first time that Jongwoon gave Ryeowook a kiss on the cheek. Even though it was just a kiss on the cheek, the only time that Ryeowook recalls Jongwoon showing this much attention to him was during performances where they would do fan service.

 

Jongwoon laughed at Ryeowook’s reaction and said, “What? Why are you surprised? Don’t you already know by now?”

 

Ryeowook just continued to stare at the strange boy and said, “Fan- service- hate- me- crazy.”

 

Ryeowook said incoherent words that made Jongwoon’s smile wider.  “I’ll tell you later. But first we have to make breakfast,” Jongwoon said. He checked what time it was and it was already 7:46.

 

Sungmin was already back in the living room with Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk was just staring at the television blankly while Kyuhyun went back to sleep on the couch.

 

“Yah... what’s going on there? We have to leave for our schedules in like an hour from now,” Eunhyuk stated loudly so Ryeowook and Jongwoon could hear him.

 

Leeteuk hushed Eunhyuk and said, “Be quiet. It’s so early in the morning. Why are you shouting? Why don’t you go take a shower and get ready?”

 

Eunhyuk muttered in protest and ignored the leader's comment by continuing to stare blankly at the television screen.

 

Jongwoon turned back to face Ryeowook and said, “Come on... I promise to tell you later. For now, let’s make breakfast. That little anchovy is getting impatient.”

 

Ryeowook nod in agreement and they began to cook breakfast. Ryeowook began to wash the rice and put it in the rice cooker. Jongwoon was cutting the vegetables and prepared other side dishes other than Kimchi.

 

Jongwoon was cutting carrots and offered Ryeowook a small piece of carrot. Ryeowook shook his head slightly refusing to eat the vegetable. Jongwoon tried once again and offered the carrot to Ryeowook. Ryeowook was hesitant at first but opened his mouth and ate that small piece of vegetable. Jongwoon smiled at Ryeowook and continued to prepare the other side dishes.


A/n: I have a question. Do you think Yewook is going too fast or is it okay? Because at first I was planning to write an angst ff about them but it turned out this way. Is it okay or should I make it more angsty? Anyways thanks for subscribing and thanks for your comment. Hope you like this update and don't forget to subscribe/comment:D