Chapter 6

Cursed Gift

Jongwoon's POV

The ride going home was painfully long. No one uttered a word and everyone was silent. Ryeowook was in the same car as me but he stayed close to Leeteuk hyung.

Ryeowook wasn’t crying anymore, he was simply leaning onto Leeteuk hyung and looking out the window. Siwon was riding with Leeteuk, Ryeowook and I. Leeteuk hyung, Ryeowook and I sat on the back while Siwon sat on the passenger seat.

Since there were 10 members who were at the dancing studio, the other 6 members rode on 2 other cars.

The car ride home was quiet; an ear-splitting silence.

Once we got home, Leeteuk hyung paid the cab driver and everyone gathered in the living room; except for Ryeowook. He head towards his room, our room.

“Yesungie,” Sungmin called.

“Hyung...” Donghae called.

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’m going to my room,” I told everyone.

“Why did you do it?” Kyuhyun asked. “Why are you making yourself go through this much pain?” he continued.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I simply said as I began to head to my room.

“Kim Jongwoon,” Leeteuk hyung said sternly but with a soft voice, which made his tone sound scarier. I look back, afraid of what would happen to me. “Sit.”

He looked at me and waited for me to stop walking and sit in the living room. I eventually gave in and sat on the farthest side of the sofa.

“Look around. These are your hyungs and dongsengs. We’re your family. Can’t you understand that? The pain you’re going through becomes our pain.  Do you want to see us crumble down with you?” Leeteuk hyung said as he pointed to each one of the members.

"No..." I muttered almost inaudibly.

"So tell us. Help us understand so we can help you. We're here for you Jongwoon. We're different from other groups. We're not a group, but a family. Remember that. Even if you don't want to talk now, just remember that there are always 12 other people... 12 brothers who would listen and help you," Leeteuk hyung continued.

Everyone continued to look at me with worried filled eyes.

I really want to confess and tell them that this has all been a lie, that this was Ryeowook’s problem; but no words could come out. Selfish as this may sound, I like how they finally give me attention that I lack.

"Yeah... hyung. We're here for you. Don't forget that," Eunhyuk stated.

"If you need to talk I'm here too," Shindong said.

Everyone agreed to what Leeteuk hyung said and told me that they are here for me whenever I need them.

After a while, I heard Siwon ask, “Where’s Ryeowook?”

Everyone looked around and finally noticed that the person, who this was about, was the person who was missing.

Leeteuk hyung answered and said, “He said he wasn’t feeling well and went to his room.”

I may have confessed Ryeowook’s secret with the intention of helping him go through this, but my desire of finally getting noticed is getting the best of me. The greed for attention is overpowering the good deed I originally had. 

I never said it personally and yet I keep saying it, but I’m sorry...

Third Person Narration

Just as their manager had predicted, Jongwoon’s revelation during Strong Heart was all over the news. Broken hearted ELFs were all over the forums discussing with each other about Jongwoon’s revelation.

Their manager postponed their comeback date from the beginning of July to the end of September. The manager also canceled all of their activities because he claims that avoiding variety shows would be best to preserve Super Junior’s image.

With the postponed comeback date and no schedules, the members had nothing to do but stay in their dorm. All 10 members stayed in the dorm except when they need to go grocery shopping.

It became so silent that the dorm once filled with noisy male adults barely made any sound in their shared dorm.

Jongwoon and Ryeowook barely said a word to each other since the day Super Junior filmed Strong Heart. Jongwoon didn’t know what to say to Ryeowook and how to apologize to the latter; while Ryeowook doesn’t know what to tell the older and how annoyed he was with Jongwoon’s actions. As a result, they never uttered a word since that day.

The other members however, tried their best to talk to Jongwoon whenever they met him. The other members would make small talks with Jongwoon like how the weather was and whatnot. Some members even asked Jongwoon how he was feeling that day.

The atmosphere in the dorm however, became very awkward. The other members barely spoke with one another, except with Jongwoon, with an exception of calling the members for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Small talks were exchanged with the members, but the dorm once filled with laughter barely showed any smiles.

Since the members had no schedules, they occupied their time by amusing their selves by reading, surfing the web and anything they can to kill time; on their own.

One day, Sungmin was surfing the web and came across a forum made by an ELF with a headline of “Yesung’s Confession May be a Lie”.

Sungmin became curious on why an ELF would think Jongwoon would lie about something like that. Sungmin clicked on the link and began to read the post.

The post began with the ELF saying how she wasn’t an anti-fan and how she was an ELF and a Cloud. Sungmin continue to read and the fan explains how even though she was a Cloud, she doesn’t believe that Jongwoon was an anorexic before debut.

The female ELF started off by saying that she knows anorexia isn’t defined as being a fat person losing weight by starving, but anorexia is defined as a person that struggles with food even if the person was or is skinny.

The fan explains how Jongwoon wasn’t fat pre debut and the fan explains how Jongwoon could’ve lost the weight first then became a trainee. However the fan wasn’t entirely convinced that it was Jongwoon who was anorexic.

So the fan says on those terms, Jongwoon could be anorexic. Jongwoon could’ve been anorexic even though he was skinny. But the thing that puzzles the fan was the story that Jongwoon said on Strong Heart.

The fan restates how Jongwoon said that he used to be fat during pre debut days, but the fan says that there haven’t been any pictures that prove Jongwoon’s story and how the story Jongwoon said on Strong Heart doesn’t complete the puzzle.

The fan states her opinion on how she thinks that someone else could possibly be anorexic in Super Junior and doesn’t necessarily mean it is Jongwoon. The names that the fan named were Kangin, Shindong, and Ryeowook.

After reading the post, Sungmin began to think carefully about what the fan said. He tried to remember during the times that Super Junior had a meal together. It’s been a while since they last ate together but he remembered seeing Jongwoon eat during meals, except when Jongwoon confessed where Jongwoon’s meals became less than before.

However, there was one person that he barely saw eat. Even when Sungmin saw this person eat, this person would eat small portions and Sungmin only saw this person eat a handful of times. The person that Sungmin was thinking about was named by the fan account that Sungmin read earlier.


A/N: Oh my GOD!!! I can't believe I have 46 subbies. Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to comment/subscribe:) It motivates me to update faster.

P.S. To anyone who watched Exploring the Human Body, I sorta made a small connection/reference or whatever you want to call it in this chapter. HINT: it was during the high jumping test with DBSK something happened, someone found out something. SOMEONE was smart enough to find something. Tell me WHO found out WHAT and how I referenced it here. Once you find out who and what you'll find out what I'm talking about. If you haven't watched it you should:)

@meijih03 Sorry... I didn't let Jongwoon tell them it's Wookie because I had something planned for them. Sorry... don't get too mad okay...

@DarkPrinces17 I made it up but I sorta based it off of Bittersweet by KRYS on their new album. During that scene they were talking about that song while listening to it.

@mysara Bonjour!!! I didn't let Jongwoon confessed yet because remember his story back in the earlier chapters about fitting in? I sorta used that to let his situation be more realistic if you were in his POV if that makes sense.

@BluePhoenix Thanks for reading. I know right? It just shows how strong their connection they have:)

@yutaoru I hate the manager but in every drama there's always that one antagonist that everyone loves to hate and I feel like it's that guy lol.