Chapter 3

Cursed Gift

After eating their breakfast, the members who have early schedules started to get ready. Leeteuk informed them that their manager would come and pick them up around 9:30 am. It was currently 8:35 and they just finished breakfast. So the members who have early schedules have less than an hour to get ready.

Surprisingly, Ryeowook ate a slice of toasted bread, with nothing on it of course and 2 pieces of baby carrots for breakfast. Even though it may not seem like a big deal for someone to eat that much, well that little food, it was a “big” meal for him.

Jongwoon didn’t even mention or say anything to Ryeowook to make him eat something. Ryeowook just mindlessly ate with the other members. The sudden change from the timid member surprised Jongwoon in a good way.

When they were preparing breakfast, Jongwoon would occasionally steal glances towards Ryeowook’s direction when the latter isn’t looking.

Just like the other members who had early schedules, Ryeowook and Jongwoon went to their room and began to get ready.

Ryeowook went in the bathroom first to get ready and take a shower. Ryeowook went to his closet to look for his outfit for the day. He grabbed his outfit and went to the bathroom.

Jongwoon went towards the closed door and listened closely with his ears attached to the bathroom door. He didn’t want to pry, he was simply observing Ryeowook. After a few seconds, he heard the shower heads being switched on. He didn’t hear the sound of the toilet being flushed or gagging noises from the other side. That was good. Those were good signs. It means that Ryeowook was simply taking a shower, nothing else. Jongwoon didn’t even notice that a stupid smile was placed on his face.

It sounds like Ryeowook was finished taking a shower since Jongwoon hear the shower heads being turned off. After about 2 minutes or so, Ryeowook got out of the bathroom with his towel around his shoulders as he tried to dry his damp hair.

“Your turn...” Ryeowook said as he continued to shake his hair with the towel in an attempt to dry his hair.

Ryeowook was looking down with his body bent slightly as he tried to dry his damp hair. He didn’t notice the big smile that was plastered on Jongwoon’s face.

“Mmm...” Jongwoon managed to let out.

He went to his closet and grabbed a simply white tee and jeans. The older then went to the bathroom and took a shower.

Jongwoon was so happy that Ryeowook didn’t take long in the bathroom because that meant that Ryeowook was just taking a shower. It meant that Ryeowook didn’t force himself to release his breakfast.

Jongwoon was just happy. He was ecstatic. He also wondered if what he said or did earlier made an impact on the younger’s sudden change of actions.

After the older washed his self clean, he grabbed his towel and dried himself. He put on his clothes and brushed his teeth when he heard a knock.

“Jong? Are you done? If you’re already dressed, can you open the door? I sort of forgot to brush my teeth,” Jongwoon heard the younger shout through the door.

“Mmm...” Jongwoon managed to let out with his mouth full of toothpaste. He opened the door and let Ryeowook come in.

Ryeowook got his brush and put some toothpaste on. Ryeowook then brushed his teeth.

After a while, Jongwoon finished brushing his teeth earlier than Ryeowook and rinsed his toothpaste filled mouth with water.

“I’ll see you outside,” Jongwoon told Ryeowook and tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder gently.

Ryeowook was still brushing his teeth and just nod his head in acknowledgement.

When Jongwoon was outside, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Kangin were in the living room.

“Where are the others?” Jongwoon asked.

“Sungmin went back to his room and Kyuhyun isn’t ready yet,” Kangin replied.

“Oh... okay. Do you have any plans for today?” Jongwoon asked Kangin.

“Yeah... I was going to go to the gym with Siwon since both of us don’t have schedules until dance rehearsals,” Kangin replied.

After a few moments, Ryeowook entered the living room and Kyuhyun was also trailing behind him.

“Good...” Leeteuk beamed as he checked his watch and saw that everyone was already ready before their manager picked them up. It was currently 9:25 and their manager should arrive anytime soon.

It wasn’t long until they heard 3 quick honks that indicated that their manager already arrived. They said their goodbye to Kangin and headed towards their first schedule for the day.

The ride to the studio where Strong Heart was being filmed was sort of quiet. Leeteuk sat in the front seat with their manager while Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun sat on the second row of the van, both sitting near the window on both sides. Jongwoon and Ryeowook sat on the last row of seats.

Eunhyuk stared blankly at the sight of the road in front of him from the window while Kyuhyun was focused on playing his game on his PSP. Leeteuk was having a conversation with their manager which left Ryeowook and Jongwoon alone.

Ryeowook had his earphones on and was listening to music while staring outside the window like Eunhyuk.

Jongwoon leaned closer to Ryeowook and waved his hands in front of the latter to try and get Ryeowook’s attention.

Ryeowook took one of the earphones off and turned towards Jongwoon’s direction. “Mmm...” the younger asked.

“What are you listening to?” Jongwoon asked.

Before the younger could respond, Jongwoon leaned closer to Ryeowook and reached for the other earphones and put it in his ear.

“It’s Bittersweet. It’s the demo song and I still didn’t memorize it yet,” Ryeowook answered.

“Bittersweet” was in their new album in which Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Jongwoon and Sungmin were supposed to sing for.

“Oh... it’s that song,” Jongwoon said. He continued to listen more intently to the lyrics and said, “I really like the song. If the ELFs don’t understand Korean or something, they might think that it’s a happy song because of the upbeat tempo. But the lyrics of the song are very sad. It's like one of those songs that are more meaningful than the actual lyrics. You really have to read between the lines to fully understand you know? You know what I mean right?”

Ryeowook nod his head in agreement and said, “Yeah... it is isn’t it? In a way they are star-crossed lovers aren’t they? They had to break up because of some situation. I guess it would be better if they never met each other and avoid the pain of the outcome from their tragic love story.”

Jongwoon shook his head in disagreement. “No... I don’t think that would be better. I think that even though the breakup is painful and the thought of leaving the one you love is equally as painful, all those happy memories that the couple most likely shared are priceless. The happy memories would help the separated couple to keep their love alive even if they’re not physically together. That is if they truly loved each other,” Jongwoon argued.

It was quiet for a while and neither Ryeowook nor Jongwoon said anything. They were quiet and just thought over about their conversation and debated on their own, trying to figure out who was right.

The manager made the van stop in front of the building where Strong Heart was filmed. Their manager called out, “We’re here. I’ll just park the van in the back and you guys just go to the studio where Strong Heart is filmed. I’m sure you guys already know right?”

“Deh...” they responded as they head towards the building’s entrance.

“Let’s go,” Leeteuk said excitedly.

Leeteuk was walking beside Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. The evil makanae side kicked Eunhyuk’s which made the makanae grin widely. Leeteuk just shook his head in disappointment but somehow he wasn’t surprised. It was Kyuhyun after all.

“Yah...” Eunhyuk said irritated. “What was that for?” he yelled at the makanae.

Kyuhyun just shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk.

While the makanae was harassing his hyungs, Ryeowook and Jongwoon walked behind all of them and Jongwoon managed to slip his small fingers in between Ryeowook’s hands. Ryeowook looked at Jongwoon in confusion while the latter just smiled in response. Both Ryeowook and Jongwoon were walking hand in hand to their first schedule for the day.


 

A/N: Even though it might not be angsty at the moment, don't worry I'll make it angsty. Don't get too mad/ hate me too much if it’s too depressing or something. I have something in my sleeve so angst moments will come... For now enjoy the Jongwook/Ryeowoon/Ryeojong/Wookwoon moment. Just asking... what's a good couple name for them? Not Yewook or Ryeosung though because remember Yesung and Jongwoon are different people? Hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to let me know what you think.

I'm sorry for posting this again. AFF was under maintenance and my lovely new subbies, comments and this chapter got deleted. I'm sad that my lovely subbies and comments are gone but I hope it will come back. Every comment and subbies are precious. Anyways enough of me rambling. Sorry for my long AN and long rant.